Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1526327309409701889?t=wSGx76MW1IcuBwV2XtXXaA&s=19

Christie looked like poo poo for the second half of the season so this is either stupid or he's wisely getting away from Izzo's inability to coach 5-stars. Hopefully it goes better for him than Deyonta Davis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Henchman of Santa posted:

Nick Collison, Thunder legend

That's true

Os Furoris
Aug 19, 2002

Metapod posted:

That's true

Would only be more true if they called him by his official title, Mr. Thunder.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I realize that the company he's in is terrible but is this guy an actual prospect or is he going to be playing in Europe or Australia by the end of the year.

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1526549230483030017

Just saw the statline and thought it was neat I guess so I felt like asking.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Kaminsky is no great shakes but he's a real nba player who will probably continue to get contracts.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Gonna be honest I did not realize he was still in the nba and assumed he was playing overseas by now.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

https://twitter.com/draftexpress/status/1526366126359420928

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Am I outdated to be worried that Chet Holmgren is a twig who will be bullied to death by most NBA players? I get that pro athletes gain bulk once its their fulltime job but man he is a tiny person, relatively.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

fast cars loose anus posted:

Am I outdated to be worried that Chet Holmgren is a twig who will be bullied to death by most NBA players? I get that pro athletes gain bulk once its their fulltime job but man he is a tiny person, relatively.

I'm not saying he will ever be this good but look at pictures of Giannis and KD from their rookie years

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Chet has bust potential for sure but also a pretty high ceiling. Glad I'm not an NBA exec.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

IcePhoenix posted:

I'm not saying he will ever be this good but look at pictures of Giannis and KD from their rookie years

Yeah, that's true. I guess I keep imagining Holmgren doing a Shawn Bradley and it makes me pause.

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011

Rick posted:

Chet has bust potential for sure but also a pretty high ceiling. Glad I'm not an NBA exec.

Hell, same. I would have drafted Taze Moore based on his dunk competition performance.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
If the Pels can somehow land any of Chet, Jabari, Ivey, or Sharpe (in no particular order), I will be very happy.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Rick posted:

Yeah exactly. I can't blame any team for drafting him #1 overall but also I'm really glad it's not going to be my team staring that down.

Victor Wembanyama I think is a lot better prospect (the following year) and I'm kinda waiting for Chet to bust and then Victor to fall as a result.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Victor is not falling unless he has a Paul George esque injury

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Metapod posted:

Victor is not falling unless he has a Paul George esque injury

you say that, but Luka

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

DeimosRising posted:

you say that, but Luka

Even Luka didn't have this much hype. He played fantastic basketball and won the euroleague mvp, that made him what should have been a lock for first overall. OKC's entire current tanking period has been aimed at getting Vic. The whole thing

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
I don't love Chet but the thing about Chet is that at every level he's figured out a way to make it work.

cp91886
Oct 26, 2005
The Pacers quasi-tanked for the first time in 35 years and will likely never do it again so I'm begging the lottery gods for them to jump up. If they fall to 7-8 they're probably consigned to another 8 years of 39 win first round outs.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Veryslightlymad posted:

For maximum comedy, I need the Lakers pick to win.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Dejan Bimble posted:

I don't love Chet but the thing about Chet is that at every level he's figured out a way to make it work.

I would love to pair him (three years from now) with Zion and Ingram. Just as Jonas' contract expires.

JackBandit
Jun 6, 2011

Kibner posted:

I would love to pair him (three years from now) with Zion and Ingram. Just as Jonas' contract expires.

You think he’s really going to fall to the Knicks?

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Dejan Bimble posted:

Yeah, so that's why I won't blame a team for taking him number 1, it'd just stress me the gently caress out if he was on my team.

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man

fast cars loose anus posted:

Literally the same thing was said about Evan Mobley a year ago. He'll be fine.

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
Will I be live posting the NBADraft lottery? You better fuckin believe it.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Checking in from Capital Hop Shop let’s go

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I just want the Pacers to get a spot so they can get Ivey.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Go Pels Go

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
For a combo of hilarity and my own enjoyment I would like Rockets #1 and Lakers #2 please

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat
Can't wait for the Blazers to inevitably drop to 8th in this cursed rear end seas- [sees Dame saunter in] woo-hoo top 4 here we come :hellyeah:

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
Lol whoever they got doing CGI at espn is simultaneously being paid too much and too little

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

Yes, the bad team championship is finally here. Hoping for a repeat from Detroit

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
Perk: "[rockets] need Chet Holmgren like I need weight watchers."

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat
Chet looks profoundly uncomfortable over there by himself

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
Mike Schmitz look like an albino Smurf surrounded by the top 3 prospects

Edit: lol then David Robinson walks over

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
Goddammit, lottery gods, please bless Detroit again; we need one more good draft and I think we'll have enough of a foundation to build off of and to lure a big free agent to the Pistons

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
Dame definitely looking happy to be there

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
Dame's Accolades:
Rookie of the Year
2022 Draft Lottery Ambassador

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
How do they make the draft show worse every year. It shoudln't be possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat
Ugh let's go please