Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Texas wins

Louisville had the bases loaded with 2 outs, bunted, and the catcher simply.... tagged the guy running to home. Dumbest play I've seen in a while (and yes I understand the theory behind it but still)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Never had a doubt lol what are you talking about

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Aggies!

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
These two games have been super stressful and I'm relieved we won't have to face Louisville again

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
A&M punches their ticket after a ballsy bullpen call, sending our closer in on a 3-2 count with one on and no one out. He gets a K on the first pitch, induces a long fly out, and strikes out the last man to get us to Omaha

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

:rip: Louisville
Congrats A&M

Can’t believe three of the four elimination games today forced a game three. Seven games tomorrow, gonna be fun

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Auburn-Oregon State has been wild so far and Stanford spotted UConn a 9-run lead before deciding to start playing. Still a lot left in the night.

holy poo poo what a finish

elentar fucked around with this message at 07:08 on Jun 12, 2022

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Todays schedule (all times Eastern)

Oklahoma vs #4 Virginia Tech, 1 PM, ESPNU, 1-1
#10 North Carolina vs Arkansas, 1 PM, ESPN2, 0-1
Notre Dame vs #1 Tennessee, 1 PM, ESPN, 1-1

#11 Southern Miss vs Ole Miss, 4 PM, ESPNU, 0-1
#9 Texas vs #8 East Carolina, 4 PM, , ESPN2, 1-1

#2 Stanford vs UConn, 7 PM, ESPN2, 0-1
#3 Oregon St vs #14 Auburn, 10 PM, ESPN2, 0-1

Just now realizing that the teams from the Saturday pod that won game 1 are all the home team today as they try to close out at 2-0

ESPN2 is all college baseball all day, which is pretty neat

Somewhere between 3 and 7 teams ending their season today, lets see what happens :toot:

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

https://twitter.com/JimMWeber/status/1535778668236390400?s=20&t=M9FJDd9-4O49IDI01SuddA

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Boomer

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

*sad trombone*

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
I hate Notre Dame's uniforms

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

LeeMajors posted:

*sad trombone*

:)

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Some real clownshoes-rear end stuff from both Tennessee and Notre Dame

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
lol Tennessee

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
#1 goes down

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Faaaaaaaaaart

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Man what a kick in the dick for Tennessee.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Been since Florida in 2018 for #1 seed to make Omaha, and it took them 11 innings in game 3 to do it

Know thats only three tournaments with COVID cancelling one but still seems like 3 years in a row in a sport like baseball where you get a “redo” with it being double elim is interesting.

Tennessee just put together one of the greatest seasons in college baseball history, but…. Tough ending. Maybe ND will be a team of destiny like NC State nearly was last year

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
:sad Vol noises:

I didn’t think we’d win it all just because of the nature of the game but drat that sucks to go out that way.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

LeeMajors posted:

Also has this come up yet, because this is the smoothest poo poo I’ve ever seen

https://twitter.com/bigdonkey47/status/1535390728754536448?s=21

This is me rn, but only because I’m still mad about the Travis Stephens game.

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
I don't care for Notre Dame

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Did Texas/ECU get delayed? My ESPN2 is showing UNC/Arky

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

fast cars loose anus posted:

Did Texas/ECU get delayed? My ESPN2 is showing UNC/Arky

Yeah both of those games had a delay. Think Texas/ECU is supposed to start here in the next 10 minutes

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

I’m boomin and soonin

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe
Another delay in Chapel Hill

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

tactlessbastard posted:

Another delay in Chapel Hill

Cant decide if this is a good thing or not, momentum was completely the other way so the break might help, but also we will come back to a 3-1 count so thats no good

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

So Mike Martin Jr definitely got fired so they could try and snatch Link Jarrett from Clemson right?

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe
Oh my God I can't get this guy out of my office and it's the bottom of the loving 9th

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

https://twitter.com/AdamFord92/status/1535686487743901696?t=lGJwJ9YoIxivhNjyRqYgSw&s=19

Streak broken, won a game 2, woo pig

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
So assuming Texas holds on, we’re going to get Texas-A&M-OU-Notre Dame for one half of the CWS bracket? That’s pretty wild.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Yeah that's crazy. Preview of the SEC baseball gauntlet coming soon I guess (not that it's easy NOW)

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Notre Dame beating Tenn makes me feel a little better about dropping the 2 1 run games to them.

If UConn can beat Stanford today, the unseeded teams will have swept this weekend over their seeded opponents. For as "right" as the Men's golf committee got it, they got the baseball tournament so very wrong, apparently.

It's pretty apparent that OU and Notre Dame should have been hosting regionals, for one.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

I'm still kinda surprised at how thoroughly OU pooped on us. Guess our program probably needs to reach the postseason more often than *checks notes* once.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

mdemone posted:

I'm still kinda surprised at how thoroughly OU pooped on us. Guess our program probably needs to reach the postseason more often than *checks notes* once.

OU did that to a lot of teams this year. They were one of the hottest in the nation by the end of it. Beat Tech 4 times out of 5 played, and I almost feel like Tech gave up vs KSU in the Big XII tournament after they tied it up to avoid having to play OU 1-2 more times.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

https://twitter.com/reece_vh/status/1536128236073230339?s=21

DYNASTY!?!????????!!!

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Auburn knocked out Oregon State; without them or Tennessee then Stanford will probably enter as the favorite but they did not play particularly well against an admittedly very hot UConn team. I dunno, this year I think you can toss rankings completely out the window.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
With Tennessee out and the national seeds that made it besides Stanford being 5, 9, and 14, it does feel wide open

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Dang. UConn couldn't complete the sweep.

One of the worst years for national seeds in a long time.

2016 was the last time we saw only 4 seeded teams make the finals. In that year, all of the upsets were by 2's.