Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

TheAlmightyFrog posted:

Was it the golf ball? Because that would own

Not confirmed but it was the same color and there’s no way Lane didn’t keep that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Vols might be the best team in the country for real.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

LeeMajors posted:

:blush:

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Dollander gonna hit 11Ks too. Our hitting has been amazing but our pitching is loving nuts

e: and two of our better pitchers haven’t even played yet this season

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
:siren:Ben Joyce coming in to the game:siren:

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Topped out at 102, just unreal

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

LeeMajors posted:

Yeah if I had a vote in any of the jillion polls they would get my #1 for sure. It’s amazing what they are doing

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
:getin:

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Conversely I think UF may be very mediocre at baseball. :sigh:

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Some dude on Yale hit 4 homers today including 2 grand slams. 11 RBI day.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
:sweep: :sweep: :sweep: :sweep:

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Lol this is such sassy shitposting and I’m here for it

https://twitter.com/Vol_Baseball/status/1508218348827512839?s=20&t=vfYrFnJcEoooiolg5JDBcw

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

That owns lol

We took the series from Bama at home, but were just a couple of missed plays away from getting swept soooo :shrug:

I don't think we're gonna have the arms to make a solid run this year. Starting pitching is alright, but our bullpen is no bueno right now

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/d1baseball/status/1508428784806080513?s=20&t=twph_R3ilE6z1esCewV4Bg

Mmmmyeah thats the good stuff

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Tennessee is #1 in 5/5 of the polls released so far, NCBWA should be soon, think it’s safe to say you will be consensus #1. Shame Arkansas doesn’t play y’all this year, would be a real fun one.

Speaking of, the Hogs host Mississippi State this weekend. Know State is a little down right now but they owe Arkansas one after Arkansas took the series in Starkville last year, so I am extremely nervous about this one

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Tech walked off UT 2 nights in a row, then got beat hard on Sunday. I'll take a series win against the conference favorite, though.

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

chaoslord posted:

Tennessee is #1 in 5/5 of the polls released so far, NCBWA should be soon, think it’s safe to say you will be consensus #1. Shame Arkansas doesn’t play y’all this year, would be a real fun one.

Speaking of, the Hogs host Mississippi State this weekend. Know State is a little down right now but they owe Arkansas one after Arkansas took the series in Starkville last year, so I am extremely nervous about this one

Our bats are starting to come alive, but we've also played two of the less-good SEC teams so far, so we'll see.

Extremely juiced for the UT/Vandy match this weekend

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Traitorous Leopard posted:

Our bats are starting to come alive, but we've also played two of the less-good SEC teams so far, so we'll see.

Extremely juiced for the UT/Vandy match this weekend

I am very excited but also a bit nervous. Just waiting for us to come crashing back to earth.

I’m also moving this weekend and moving is BULLSHIT

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
The Vandy whistler is the most annoying human on the planet

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Vandy in shambles. I’ve never seen anything like this

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/karthikv_/status/1510048803529068545?s=21

God I love Tony

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
ever since losing a 17-inning nightcap to a doubleheader to also drop the series against Florida State, NC State has gone 7-1 with a sweep of Georgia Tech, a series win at Clemson, and a win over ECU. i'm way too old of a State fan to ever think that things have turned around for good but they're through the worst part of the conference schedule and could still get in the hosting conversation if they don't completely go off the rails again. They don't play Virginia this year thankfully but the Louisville and UNC series will be big.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Tennessee is so loving good it makes me sick with jealousy but drat Vitello is a boss. I would’ve loved to play for a guy like that.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

https://twitter.com/pitchingninja/status/1510771698085281792?s=21&t=iY4n57c1DI8_a2V9cy8B0w

Call the Kopps Tygart

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

https://twitter.com/samsmithistaken/status/1511066883403001870?s=21

Hooooooo buddy this SEC schedule gonna be a nightmare. Vols are going to gently caress us up mightily.

The staff is young but :stare:

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Tech somehow has climbed to #4ish in combined polls. I don't quite get it, we took 2 from UT that were walk-off situations and then lost the Sunday game, destroyed a mid-week scrub, then demolished Kansas Friday and Saturday (28-3 Saturday), and lost the Sunday game there.

Not sweeping Kansas makes me feel like we deserved significantly fewer votes...

Although, I guess everyone else is kinda sucking this year. You know it's bad when Texas State is showing up in the top 10.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Inside the park HR bunt! (not actually, but yeah)

https://twitter.com/clintonyates/status/1511509110105145348

That's a very aesthetically pleasing slide into third base.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Apr 6, 2022

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
He seems so confused. Umps like go fucker you get to go home!

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Composite Poll for this week

code:
1	Tennessee (27-1)	(Prev: 1)	150
2	Virginia (25-3)		(Prev: 2)	141
3	Arkansas (21-5)		(Prev: 3)	140
4	Texas Tech (24-6)	(Prev: 5)	131
5	Oklahoma State (20-8)	(Prev: 7)	117
6	Oregon State (20-7)	(Prev: 4)	109
7	Texas (21-9)		(Prev: 9)	107
8	Ole Miss (19-8)		(Prev: 11)	102
9	Miami (21-6)		(Prev: 13)	101
10	Arizona (21-7)		(Prev: 16)	95
11	Louisville (21-7)	(Prev: 10)	88
12	Notre Dame (16-5)	(Prev: 17)	84
13	Vanderbilt (20-7)	(Prev: 6)	82
14	Texas State (23-6)	(Prev: 19)	79
15	Georgia (22-6)		(Prev: 21)	74
16	UCLA (19-8)		(Prev: NR)	57
17	Gonzaga (18-7)		(Prev: 23)	48
18	Florida State (16-11)	(Prev: 8)	42
19	LSU (19-9)		(Prev: 12)	34
20	Stanford (14-9)		(Prev: NR)	26
21	North Carolina (20-8)	(Prev: 18)	25
22	TCU (19-9)		(Prev: 15)	23
23	Southern Miss (19-8)	(Prev: NR)	20
24	NC State (18-9)		(Prev: NR)	12
25	Oregon (18-10)		(Prev: 20)	10

Also Receiving Votes:  Auburn 9, Cal Poly 9, Dallas Baptist 8, UConn 7, Maryland 7, Florida 7, Virginia Tech 3, UC Santa Barbara 2, Ball State 1
Dropped out: Florida, Dallas Baptist, Georgia Tech, Purdue
Arkansas took care of business against Mississippi State, winning 2 of 3. Prior to the sunday loss arkansas had won 8 straight against the Bulldogs by a combined 72-27, per something I saw on twitter that I am refusing to fact check because I Want To Believe lol. Hate that we blew Sunday. Of Arkansas 5 losses, Ramage has been a decent part of four of them. Hard to second guess DVH too much when we only have 5 losses and are 2-4 in the polls depending on which of the six you look at, but man, seems bad.

Vanderbilt got swept and Florida State did, too, representing the two highest profile fallers.

Fun series to watch for this weekend:
#2 Virginia @ #9 Miami
#21 North Carolina @ #11 Louisville
#22 TCU @ #7 Texas
Mizzou @ #1 Tennessee

Three top 25 matchups, including a top 10 one, and then the ritual slaughter of Missouri away to Tennessee.

Arkansas faces a tricky trip to Florida. I know Florida isn't the strongest team this year, but I think it's a tricky trip all the same. Nervous about Arkansas pitching on the road and, especially if Florida can get Ramage to come out to play, could be a bad weekend.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Texas Tech traveled for a 2 game mid-week against Grand Canyon. What was supposed to be a mid-week vacation turned into an L to a much weaker team. Tech was too much in vacation mode.

Have another game today that feels like a must-win to keep top-of-league momentum.

Hosting KSU this weekend. Hopefully we can shake off the Sundays and come away with a sweep.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

chaoslord posted:

Arkansas faces a tricky trip to Florida. I know Florida isn't the strongest team this year, but I think it's a tricky trip all the same. Nervous about Arkansas pitching on the road and, especially if Florida can get Ramage to come out to play, could be a bad weekend.

Having watched many excruciating innings of UF baseball, I feel fairly certain you don’t have much to worry about.

They’re certainly capable of striking hard but with inconsistent arms and being prone to collapsing under pressure, im sure y’all will take the series at a minimum.

If UF hits on Barco’s start they may pick up an isolated W, otherwise :rip:

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/JomboyMedia/status/1511561418298081286?s=20&t=azFZeK91_txNrrmLHLNgHg

That pitcher is soft as baby poo poo but lol at the hitter tripping over first (he’s fine apparently)

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Tech climbed to #4 in the polls and proceeded to lose 2 to GCU in Phoenix. Pretty bad look there.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Meanwhile, in ridiculous game promotions:

https://twitter.com/TechAthletics/status/1512432101257265162

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

LeeMajors posted:

If UF hits on Barco’s start they may pick up an isolated W, otherwise :rip:

Sweep it is

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

Whelp, game one lost. We’re just not that good this year. I still think we make someone else’s regional, but I think that may be it for us this year.

Still buzzed from 2021 tho B)

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

LeeMajors posted:

Sweep it is

Well now I just need to reverse jinx every series for the rest of the season.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I’ve tried to shut up because I know I’ve been combo posting about them but god dammit I love this team so much

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
We’re never losing again Vols bitch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
This is where we rail off like 5 losses in a row