Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
[A]

Is the shuriken her main weapon?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

B. Wanna see how this plays out.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Wanna C where this goes

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

One nice upside of magic being much more well understood and common than in the base game is that it becomes a lot easier to explain the random crooks, mechanics, and dancing girls with access to magic in Zozo.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Finally, it's time to be Bad.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Minna seems like A real hometown heroine.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

I think the biggest impact of the randomizer is the sheer number of natural mages you're getting. When you're trying to do a narrative FF6 LP, every other character having the Magic command plays some real havoc with the setting lore, but you're handling that complication like a champ.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

From a pure mechanics standpoint, magic in FF6 having a homogenizing effect wasn't great design. Narratively, though, I did appreciate how effectively it hit home the core story conceit that magic returning is a big loving deal.

ETA: By contrast, the story in this LP is less about magic "returning" since it turns out it never really left, it was just rare and something of a special inheritance, but that just opens more room for exploration of how different actors in the story use (and abuse) magic, which is very neat.

GunnerJ fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Mar 28, 2022

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

Ziqiya, Zekiye, and Jadate should take the fight to Kefka. Ziqiya is obvious, Jadate promised Chayma, and Zekiye has some anger to work out after Kefka assaulted her domain. That leaves Chayma, Minna, and Nalaal to guard the back. Chayma is obvious; Nalaal and Minna are here mostly because they have some things to sort out with Zekiye and Jadate respectively, and now really isn't the time to have them team up with their, uh, antagonists.

Voting this.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

A just to see what Final Fantasy 6 looks like without Kefka (and test whether AB is mad enough to actually roll with this :v: )

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

I can't believe Kefka is loving dead

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

If this is for real, I feel a little guilty about how much rewriting of the whole story my vote contributed to forcing you to do :v:

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Oh hell yeah, C, lfg

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

MechaCrash posted:

I'm going to go off-menu here and say disappointed, but understanding. Rekha was manufactured to be a disposable weapons system, who'd get thrown at enemies until she inevitably burned out. That's going to give you some issues about who you can trust and with what.

The problem, of course, is that "how does Jadate show Rekha that she can be trusted" and "how does she not get conned again" are things that have wildly incompatible answers. Trust means vulnerability, after all, and Rekha's not acting this way because she's a bad person, she's acting this way because it's the kind of thing she had to do to survive. So that, I think, buys some leeway, since she doesn't really know any other way to be.

I'm also wondering if their Espers will play into it. Ramuh's Illumination may not have helped Jadate see through Rekha's bullshit thanks to Carbuncle's Concealment, but if Jadate lays down the law (gently, of course; I did just say Rekha's had a rough go of it so it's understandable :v:), will the fact that Carbuncle embodies Servitude make Rekha follow along with Ramuh's Authority? After all, I don't think "you took me for a ride, well the ride's over, gently caress off" would go over very well, and even overlooking that throwing this kid to the wolves for doing what she thought she had to to survive is kind of lovely, there's Wisdom in keeping her around. If not as an asset for us, at least to deny an asset to someone who'd use her against us, possibly with no thought to her well-being.

Plus, y'know. It was a pretty good con.

Agreed w/ this.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Hooray, this is back!

Voting B

Actually this:

Felinoid posted:

B, then C. Secure the hostages then unleash something that would make the Esper War look like a footnote. If any part of the city besides the slums remains intact, that's a failure.

GunnerJ fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Dec 8, 2022

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Hell yeah this is back!

A - Help the Esper. - the scientist could be lying anyway and we can get the keycard off her body.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

I don't remember getting a new character at this point...? :stare:

Uh, A I guess.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

OTOH if Kefka is actually loving dead, we need a new big bad.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

"Mille" seems like she just wants to have a Ball.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

I'm just going to vote for OP's choice on the esper assignment question.

For the party:
Chayma (leader)
Minna
Ziqiya
Mille