Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

Dan Lacey (The faithmouse guy), an artist and free spirit, known on the boards here as a former main character of LF has died.

RIP to a real one. Dan came to SA as a broke brained evangelical and left just broke brained.

He got a bit of real attention on twitter in the obama years as the painter of pancakes. I bought some art off him years ago and he was as bitter and cynical about whole thing as you might expect a weird artist to be. I liked Dan he was alright.

https://www.startribune.com/painter-dan-lacey-unofficial-ambassador-of-paisley-park-who-never-went-inside-dies-at-61-prince/600144346/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Southpaugh posted:

Dan Lacey (The faithmouse guy), an artist and free spirit, known on the boards here as a former main character of LF has died.

RIP to a real one. Dan came to SA as a broke brained evangelical and left just broke brained.

He got a bit of real attention on twitter in the obama years as the painter of pancakes. I bought some art off him years ago and he was as bitter and cynical about whole thing as you might expect a weird artist to be. I liked Dan he was alright.

https://www.startribune.com/painter-dan-lacey-unofficial-ambassador-of-paisley-park-who-never-went-inside-dies-at-61-prince/600144346/

He's putting pancakes on jesus now

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

:rip: to him

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

f

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
F

(real good LF vibes here)

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice
Did he get the pancake idea from Oolong? I was thinking about the rabbit the other night when I couldn't sleep, as one does

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Him and David Dees are double teaming RBG in Heaven now

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕
Permaban his account, or give it the motherfuckin ICE rear end

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

I wish I could have been around to see that.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

One of a kind

DMCrimson
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
i still remember the LF faithmouse and pancake discussions, what a strange weird dude

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

Man, this takes me back to less stupid times. RIP to a real one.

E: oh man, I forgot about the little "FREEEP" the car makes. Classic.

The Atomic Man-Boy has issued a correction as of 19:06 on Feb 21, 2022

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Didn't he start out as a fundie christian cartoonist and then had some kind of awakening or mental break and started drawing x-rated leftist comics? Or something?

turnip kid
May 24, 2010

The Pussy Boss posted:

Didn't he start out as a fundie christian cartoonist and then had some kind of awakening or mental break and started drawing x-rated leftist comics? Or something?

He religiously Googled himself and ended up on any kind of forum you could imagine, engaging all comers. Very open minded guy.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
Requiescat in Pace.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕
[quote post="340425074"]a few statements I believe are true-

God is real, and God is love.

God is the creator of procreation, desire, and eros.

God wants us to be happy.

I like to draw naked mice.

Drawing naked mice makes me happy.[/quote]

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

f

Poco
Jul 17, 2005

....I am a Tariff Man

LF was nearly half my life ago. Didn't realize he was the same dude as the guy in Minneapolis. F to a real one.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Southpaugh posted:

RIP to a real one.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Does someone have that one where Obama was doing gay sex on one of his characters, that's what I think of when I think of Lacey

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

Aw man rip :( loved his pancake paintings even after 15 years

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Gunshow Poophole posted:

F

(real good LF vibes here)

Raiad
Feb 1, 2005

Without the law, there wouldn't be lawyers.

i can't believe he was 61 years old

i don't know if he should have been older than that or younger than that, but that's not the age i expected him to be

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

I assumed he was in his 30s in the LF days. Shows what I knew...

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Aw man I feel badly about that, he was definitely unique

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
Rest in Prince

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
Pouring out a little syrup for him.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Orbis Tertius
Feb 13, 2007

LF, at the time, was like suuuuper aggressive in its politics, but everyone could still appreciate the simple silliness of Sarah palin with a pancake on her head.

When I was trying to figure out where my head was at in college in the early aughts, the easy embrace of Laceys absurd art kinda spoke to me more strongly than the generalized intense
aggro tenor of LF.

or I should say, the place his art had within that tenor spoke to me. rip

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

I enjoyed his art :rip:

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

goondolences

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

jesus does the time ever fly :(

angels sing thee to thy rest bro

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
this was honestly the first I heard about his connection to prince

I just knew about him from on here lol

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Don't care

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

he was a weird guy for sure, but his cartoons were cool. rest in peace, playa

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

The Pussy Boss posted:

he was never explicitly leftist iirc so much as he was able to reconcile sexuality with his christianity. one of his cartoon characters was a positive portrayal of homosexuals within the church. he was a very intuitively empathetic guy.

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

Orbis Tertius posted:

LF, at the time, was like suuuuper aggressive in its politics, but everyone could still appreciate the simple silliness of Sarah palin with a pancake on her head.

When I was trying to figure out where my head was at in college in the early aughts, the easy embrace of Laceys absurd art kinda spoke to me more strongly than the generalized intense
aggro tenor of LF.

or I should say, the place his art had within that tenor spoke to me. rip

oh poo poo now I remember him. that was so long ago. gently caress.

Brrrmph
Feb 27, 2016

Слава Україні!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carlton Banks Teller
Nov 18, 2004

I never would've expected the Faithmouse guy to have a final coda as the Prince painter. That was a nice obit. rip, dan.