Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Ask yourself, do you really want to talk to pair of really nice gaudy shoes?

Where's my gang tag? :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017
In case you want to donate but wish to have something tangible in return, Cobi is selling a mig29 model with ukraine colors and giving their sales to charity

https://youtu.be/-6Td0wMFiQg

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Buying "Russian Warship, Go gently caress Yourself" merch from the official UA post office website also allows you to just donate some extra along with your purchase.

god please help me
Jul 9, 2018
I LOVE GIVING MY TAX MONEY AND MY PERSONAL INCOME TO UKRAINE, SLAVA
I did donate some a couple dollars during my random paypal purchases, but I guess that was not enough for a gang tag. Alas...

For my next donation, are there legitimate places to donate money to have your custom message written on a shell? I saw this one here (https://t.me/s/combat_ftg) and wouldn't mind shelling out some cash to help Ukraine survive the invasion.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

god please help me posted:

I did donate some a couple dollars during my random paypal purchases, but I guess that was not enough for a gang tag. Alas...

For my next donation, are there legitimate places to donate money to have your custom message written on a shell? I saw this one here (https://t.me/s/combat_ftg) and wouldn't mind shelling out some cash to help Ukraine survive the invasion.

There are no legitimate places to do that.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Civilians paying money to write something on an instrument of war during wartime so someone can be killed by the thing bearing your message is so on the nose that we'd all laugh at how stupid it was if it wasn't also terrifying.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

For my next donation, are there legitimate places to donate money to have your custom message written on a shell?

“MODS KNEW”

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

god please help me
Jul 9, 2018
Alright, thanks. The allure of the UwU shell got to me, but now that I'm not posting late at night I would rather the money go directly to the Ukrainian government than some rando making a hustle. I heard there was some concerns about how various international donation agencies are sitting on unspent donations, so does buying a pack of "Russian Warship, Go gently caress Yourself" stamps go directly to the government?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Alright, thanks. The allure of the UwU shell got to me, but now that I'm not posting late at night I would rather the money go directly to the Ukrainian government than some rando making a hustle. I heard there was some concerns about how various international donation agencies are sitting on unspent donations, so does buying a pack of "Russian Warship, Go gently caress Yourself" stamps go directly to the government?

If Ukrposhta sells them, yes, since Ukrposhta is owned by the state exclusively.

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Lol

god please help me
Jul 9, 2018
I can't use Ukrainian postage stamps in my country, the UwU shell was the better option.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

I can't use Ukrainian postage stamps in my country, the UwU shell was the better option.

If I got my hands on some of the Ukrainian stamps, which I'm still trying to figure out how to do, it wouldn't be to try to use them as regular postage. It'd be to collect them, which is apparently called philately and is horrible, or otherwise you could put them on the back of the envelope as a seal.

jonnypeh
Nov 5, 2006
another 50€

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

Not to be a nuisance but I did a donation on page 6 and I was wondering if my tag would arrive any time soon. No worries if it turns out to be a difficult technical issue, I can live without it. But the tag does look kind of sick tho.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Mikojan posted:

Not to be a nuisance but I did a donation on page 6 and I was wondering if my tag would arrive any time soon. No worries if it turns out to be a difficult technical issue, I can live without it. But the tag does look kind of sick tho.

I've filed yours, and I'd like to ask others to refrain from making individual requests in the thread. I'll comb through it by the end of the week, and file tags with everyone who has never received it.

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

cinci zoo sniper posted:

I've filed yours, and I'd like to ask others to refrain from making individual requests in the thread. I'll comb through it by the end of the week, and file tags with everyone who has never received it.

Hey thanks, and sorry about that. I’ve never had a tag before so I was sort of clueless about the process. Thanks for the effort you are putting in!

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

:siren: I've gone through every single post in the thread, and requested all outstanding gang tags – sending PMs to a few users with ambiguous preferences. Admin approval may take a few days. If you don't get one by the first half of the next week, I don't believe you should get one.

If you believe I've made a mistake by not granting you a tag, or by doing so, or I hosed up your title formatting, or you wanted to have your stupid newbie avatar removed, or something else – please PM me. To be clear on this one – if you've lost your tag on a red text, it will not be restored.

I've also updated the donation tally in the title.

Mikojan posted:

Hey thanks, and sorry about that. I’ve never had a tag before so I was sort of clueless about the process. Thanks for the effort you are putting in!

That's fine, especially waiting from page 6. I just posted that as an advance warning to avoid people piling up with their reminders.

cinci zoo sniper fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Jun 23, 2022

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Edit nvm read cincis post

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

cinci zoo sniper posted:

:siren: I've gone through every single post in the thread, and requested all outstanding gang tags – sending PMs to a few users with ambiguous preferences. Admin approval may take a few days. If you don't get one by the first half of the next week, I don't believe you should get one.

Ah, so that's how it suddenly appeared today. Thanks. o/

RBA-Wintrow
Nov 4, 2009

Clapping Larry
Thank you for the gangtag!

thekeeshman
Feb 21, 2007

I'd like my gangtag back, thanks.

thekeeshman
Feb 21, 2007
Wow that was quick, thanks. Didn't think you were going to get rid of my red text though, it was kind of growing on me.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

My official Ukranian Post office order came in. Mug, stamps and a magnet. I also used the donate option when ordering to just send money for medical aid.

jonnypeh
Nov 5, 2006

quote:

Organization: Ukraine House DC Foundation
Campaign: U24 Humanitarian Aid
Amount: 103.83 €
Donation Interval: One-time

Another 100€.

e: I'm not done yet.

quote:

Sergei's birthday fundraiser for United Help Ukraine
EIN 47-1837509
Makstud summa 50,00 €
Makstud summa USD 51,05 $
15. august 2022 19:17:54

jonnypeh fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Aug 15, 2022

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Bump

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

My request instead of a gang tag is to keep only Smilie Filer and delete the other two if possible. Thanks either way, it’s just a little cluttered right now.

Here’s a couple older ones to add to the count, $220 total. I’m waiting for a better receipt for the $20 nuclear one I just did a minute ago

Somaen
Nov 19, 2007

by vyelkin
The entertainment produced over the last week by frothing shook chuds is tremendous and will not go unrewarded

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

This is sort of adjacent but since it's nearly fall I know I'm starting my holiday shopping. There's actually a ton of etsy stores run by Ukrainians in Ukraine that produce some beautiful products. This would be a good way to directly support folks in Ukraine if that's something people want to do

You can easily search etsy for "Ukrainian sellers" but here's a few I found that I really like

EtnoVyshyvanka- Ukrainian traditional clothing including baby stuff, a lot of it with the amazing embroidery they are famous for. Mens and women's wear. Some jewelery/pins/homegoods like table cloths

Andamana - resin jewlery ranging from space swirly stuff to necklaces with preserved flowers. Really pretty.

NarodniyDimUkraina - more traditional Ukrainian embroidered clothing for men/women/children, but with a wider selection of homegoods. Also has some traditional Ukrainian shawls (which I am heavily considering for myself), jewelry, and embroidered ties.

HandicraftsMill - Ukrainian wooden goods, a ton of it featuring the gorgeous painting style they are famous for. Including hair clips, boxes, candle sticks, Christmas ornaments etc. Another one I'm looking at for gift buying this year.

Last one, but there's a ton I didn't include including some really cool lampwork glass

LebidCermaics - gorgeously painted mugs and bowls

Again, a good way to support individual Ukrainians, though probably assume extended shipping times.

god please help me
Jul 9, 2018
Hey there, I'm going to request my c-spam nazi avatar be blanked, and to get my ukraine gang tag back.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Hey there, I'm going to request my c-spam nazi avatar be blanked, and to get my ukraine gang tag back.

This is not the thread for asking that, and getting the gang tag is a one-time affair, as is customary for such threads. If you get a title change, it's on you to fix it for yourself afterwards.

With getting your current avatar blanked, I suggest you to PM a moderator of the subforum you got that in or just an administrator with your request.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Has anyone been able to order from Ukrposhta recently? I've spent at least an hour creating orders in different browsers but it always fails at the payment phase with "error data for create recipient client" :(

jonnypeh
Nov 5, 2006
Pour it on!
+100€

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Somaen
Nov 19, 2007

by vyelkin
Mods please rename me to Multipolarity Disrespecter tia

(don't j/k)

https://bank.gov.ua/en/about/support-the-armed-forces

Svanja
Sep 19, 2009

KitConstantine posted:

Andamana - resin jewlery ranging from space swirly stuff to necklaces with preserved flowers. Really pretty.

Again, a good way to support individual Ukrainians, though probably assume extended shipping times.

I just ordered the Stand with Ukraine necklace. Thanks for sharing that link!

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Would Saint Javelin be an appropriate fit in the context of this thread? They sell a bunch of cool merch, some of the money raised through donations and sales does go to Ukrainian soldiers, but it's all non-lethal aid (e.g. winter clothing and generators).

https://www.saintjavelin.com/pages/winter-is-coming

e: I would like the gang tag, naturally

e2: if it doesn't count or it's not enough, I also donate to Unicef monthly

Phlegmish fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Oct 8, 2022

thoughts and prayers
Apr 22, 2013

Love heals all wounds. We hope you continually carry love in your heart. Today and always, may loving memories bring you peace, comfort, and strength. We sympathize with the family of (Name). We shall never forget you in our prayers and thoughts. I am at a loss for words during this sorrowful time.

I did it a while ago, but just learned about the thread.

Orthanc6
Nov 4, 2009
Ukraine's schools now require bomb shelters in order to stay open. Donate here to help keep kids safe:

https://kse.ua/support/safe-education/

Qu Appelle
Nov 3, 2005

"If a COVID-19 pandemic occurs, public health officials may have additional instructions, such as avoiding close contact with others as much as possible, and staying home if someone in your household is sick." - Official insights from Public Health: Seattle & King County staff

My job has 'Loyalty Points' that you can earn. You can then trade them in for swag, or donate them to organizations.

As this is a Ukranian based company? One of the charities they picked was 'Caritas Ukraine'. https://caritas.ua/

I donated to what amounts to $100 worth of points to them. They could use it a lot more than me; I don't need yet another tech t-shirt that I don't wear.

(Don't have a screenshot; I don't want to dox myself.)

Qu Appelle fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Oct 13, 2022

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Qu Appelle posted:

My job has 'Loyalty Points' that you can earn. You can then trade them in for swag, or donate them to organizations.

As this is a Ukranian based company? One of the charities they picked was 'Caritas Ukraine'. https://caritas.ua/

I donated to what amounts to $100 worth of points to them. They could use it a lot more than me; I don't need yet another tech t-shirt that I don't wear.

(Don't have a screenshot; I don't want to dox myself.)

Your contribution is noted and appreciated. However, for gang tags it would be only fair to apply the rules to everyone consistently. Hence, if you’re keen on receiving it, as an alternative to posting an appropriately censored receipt here, I can suggest you to PM the same to an administrator of your choosing, so that they let me know that I’m good to proceed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Edit: Wrong thread!

Popete fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Oct 13, 2022