Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thekeeshman
Feb 21, 2007

Tag me please

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thekeeshman
Feb 21, 2007

my bony fealty posted:

Would you be ok with money you donated to arm Ukraine buying weapons for far-right groups? What is your philosophical stance there?

Do you really think that the hypothetical threat of far-right groups in the future is in any way comparable to the current killing, raping, kidnapping, and just general grab bag of atrocities being committed by the current Russian army, which has a long and consistent history of being in every way terrible and barely better than the actual WW2 Nazis? Nothing any far-right group in Europe has done since literally WW2 has been anywhere near as horrifyingly destructive as the current Russian war crimes, and nothing is making the far-right look better by the minute than the ongoing Russian war crimes.

You don't want the far-right to gain support? Great, that means ending the war ASAP. Which means getting as many weapons as possible into every available hand on the Ukrainian side. You are using distant hypotheticals to discourage people from doing the objectively correct thing here and now, which means you are literally carrying water for Putin. You should take some time and consider how you ended up in this position, and how you can avoid supporting genocidal dictators in the future.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

thekeeshman
Feb 21, 2007

Donated to UNICEF, tag me please.

Was going to donate to the Ukraine Red Cross, but the cyber orks don't like that apparently.

thekeeshman
Feb 21, 2007

I'd like my gangtag back, thanks.

thekeeshman
Feb 21, 2007
Wow that was quick, thanks. Didn't think you were going to get rid of my red text though, it was kind of growing on me.