Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Yeah it’s pretty good, defintely up there for hub areas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I wonder how many players actually payed much attention to rally. I know when I beat the game I didn’t think much of it. It was fine but I didn’t try very hard to use it

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

I mean a lot of the enemies of dark souls woukd wreck the hardest boss of demon souls.

The series combat had been speeding up steadily for basically its entire modern run

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

I mean I disagree? At this point the bloodborne character is much slower than modern Souls character.

This is especially true in Elden Ring

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Kanos posted:

Absolutely 100% totally not, unless you're using quickstep(which is the bloodborne roll except it costs fp instead of just stamina) or bloodhound step.

I mean disagree I guess. It was interesting going back to bloodborne for just how slow the character (and by extension the boss fights) feels.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Also I feel like ER and bloodborne share the similar quirk in that most bosses are actually easier if you dodge into them than trying to dodge away from them

Maybe that worked as well in the older souls games but dodging wasn’t really responsive enough to really take advantage of it

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

I can’t think of any bosses that punish you for dodging in.

I can think of some that punish you for sticking on a bosses rear end but that’s a different thing and usually doesn’t involve much dodging

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

I can see getting bored of bloodborne if you are running the chalice dungeons