Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
Iowns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

https://twitter.com/jennafryer/status/1551327834328760325

Well, that's not good. Hope JNew is ok. :(

https://twitter.com/nateryan/status/1551334234014580737
Helicopter flight is a mixture of post race traffic and an abundance of caution.

Bentai fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Jul 24, 2022

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
https://racer.com/2022/07/27/ganassi-team-sues-palou/

It’s getting weirder

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

CGR gonna implode by the time the season is over.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Bentai posted:

If by implode you mean have another championship, yeah probably.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Bentai posted:

Scott Dixon celebrating the title in Laguna Seca, now and forever, until the heat death of the universe

dennyk
Jan 2, 2005

Cheese-Buyer's Remorse

Getting an injunction against your own driver to force them to keep driving your incredibly delicate and expensive racing cars for the next year against their will when that driver really just wants to go drive someone else's race cars instead doesn't seem like a recipe for success.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

So Seb Vettel is retiring from F1 at the end of the season. CGR should just let Palou go and try to land him instead.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Bentai posted:

So Seb Vettel is retiring from F1 at the end of the season. CGR should just let Palou go and try to land him instead.

it would be funny to see him crush grosjean

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
I think Chip just wants money.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Bentai posted:

I don’t think Vettel wants to be full time with anything at the moment.

Frond posted:

I think Chip just wants money.

Also this, very much so.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
Bad track but another decent race.

ScooterMcTiny
Apr 7, 2004

I thoroughly enjoyed the morning of F1 quals followed by the indycar race. I’ve only ever been to the 500 in Indy, but I’m thinking I should try and make it to this race next year.

I had to miss 10 laps or so today. I left and Herta was leaving then came back to him retired. Was it the rear right body work that was all effed up that cost him?

And yea it’s all about money for CGR. Someone will just write a check at the end of the day.

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
There was a kerb strike that looked like it knocked Herta out of gear or had some sort of gearbox/clutch/drive line issue that took him out of the lead and into the pits.

ScooterMcTiny
Apr 7, 2004

Ahhh that’ll do it I guess. Tight points race with only a few to go!

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

https://au.motorsport.com/indycar/news/indycar-penalizes-rossi-andretti-autosport-after-indy-win/10348332/

quote:

IndyCar has revealed that Alexander Rossi’s winning car was found to be in violation of two rules, following the Gallagher Grand Prix on the Indianapolis Motor Speedway’s road course last Sunday.

Rossi led 44 of the 85 laps, to score his eighth career IndyCar win and his first in more than three years.

However, following post-race technical inspection last Saturday, the #27 Andretti Autosport-Honda was found to have reached minimum weight in a manner not allowed by the IndyCar rulebook.

“To meet minimum weight, the drink bottle and its contents were used as car ballast, which is not permitted and why the team is being fined and penalized.”

As a consequence, IndyCar has fined Andretti Autosport $25,000 and penalized the team 20 entrant/driver points.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Run an illegal car, still get points for 5th. Nice.

Cataffy
Aug 12, 2008
Yeah this seems kinda crazy to me. I'm an Indycar newbie, but I feel like the general motorsport law is illegal car = DQ

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Well, about that…

quote:

“Based on pre-race and post-race technical inspection, the No. 27 was compliant and met or exceeded 1700 pounds during the race,” the series told RACER. “It was once the car was weighed without elements of Rule 14.4.1.1., in post-race inspection, when the car was found to be non-compliant. The process the team used to achieve the minimum weight is not permitted.

“Since the drink bottle was used to achieve minimum weight, IndyCar imposed a monetary fine and points deduction in line with the severity of the infraction according to IndyCar’s Technical Penalty Guidelines.”

But if the car is slightly under 1705, I’ve heard the practice is to immediately demand for the drink bottle to be removed — if it wasn’t already taken out – and for the car to be weighed without it. This is what happened with the No. 27 entry. We don’t know what low number it hit, but it had to be in the sub-1705 range to catch the attention of the technical inspectors, and the bottle was still in the car.

In the case of the No. 27, the team is believed to have missed the target with its extra ballast, and without that safety margin in place to keep the car above the 1700-pound minimum, it didn’t race comfortably above the number it needed to be deemed legal after the race.

Huh! Interesting for sure.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

Cataffy posted:

Yeah this seems kinda crazy to me. I'm an Indycar newbie, but I feel like the general motorsport law is illegal car = DQ

In 2014 Carols Huertas won a race for Coyne in a car with not only and oversized rear wing, but also an Illegally large fuel tank. The win still stands.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it
Nashville might need a redesign of the track

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Flikken posted:

Nashville might need a redesign of the track

no

e: gently caress graham rahal

DEEP STATE PLOT fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Aug 7, 2022

Personal Lucubrant
Oct 18, 2016

Just thinking about what to do with all the money I don't have.
Too much racing interrupting this sweet car parade around Nashville.

They should all take it easy like that Corvette driver out front most of the time who hasn't run into anything.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Nashville:
https://twitter.com/Motorsport/status/1556428167270858752

Bentai fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Aug 8, 2022

Number_6
Jul 23, 2006

BAN ALL GAS GUZZLERS

(except for mine)
Pillbug
Did anyone try to watch today's race on Youtube TV? I set it to record this race, but my recording cuts off after like 10 laps.

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

Number_6 posted:

Did anyone try to watch today's race on Youtube TV? I set it to record this race, but my recording cuts off after like 10 laps.

They went to CNBC after an hour because of the delay

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
It's all on peacock if you have it

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is
Best race ever or greatest race ever? I can't decide!

Personal Lucubrant
Oct 18, 2016

Just thinking about what to do with all the money I don't have.

:lmao: at the juxtaposition of the vodka ads and broken cars.

ScooterMcTiny
Apr 7, 2004

Spaced God posted:

They went to CNBC after an hour because of the delay

Ended up watching on peacock bc I couldn’t figure this out. Not like NBC had anything worth watching on either.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

How the hell does Dixon do this almost every season.

Just comes from no where to be in with a shot at winning the championship.

Mr Consistency.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Literally not been out of the top 10 all year except the 500.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Dudley posted:

Literally not been out of the top 10 all year except the 500.

It's this.

If Dixon loses the championship by any less than 62 points - possibly by any less than 82 - that pit speed violation at Indy is going to give him another reason to stay up at night.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Yeah, if you're going to make one costly mistake in a year that's not when you want to make it.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
Castroneves resigned again vOv.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Dude got his fourth, go kick back and chill in sports cars.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Frond posted:

Castroneves resigned again vOv.

resigned or re-signed?

EDIT : Re-signed.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Dudley posted:

resigned or re-signed?

EDIT : Re-signed.

Thank you, this is also something that drives me mad.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
Oops.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Bentai posted:

Dude got his fourth, go kick back and chill in sports cars.

He needs 5