Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

abraham linksys posted:

I think this year all races are on Peacock in addition to practice/qualifying, so it's pretty easy to watch for once

I suppose it's time to resubscribe then

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

He had plausible deniability in the first two wrecks, but went full-blown moron into that last one.

Was still a far better Texas than I expected. Holy gently caress did AA and SPAM manage to poo poo the bed, though.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

On one hand, as someone who would need to put up a giant loving external antenna to pick up NBC and refuses to pay for cable TV, $5/mo for Peacock to avoid that for the only thing I can't easily get live any other way is a steal.

On the other hand I would gladly pay more just to never see another ad break.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Reminder about the caliber of driver that was last shafted on ROY:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lqHxWKyoJI

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

harperdc posted:

I grew up going to IndyCar/Champ Car at Portland ever year, and remember distinctly just how loud it was -- and that was at a natural road course, not a street circuit.

The current cars are slightly quieter than the old 2.65L turbos, but only just.

And yeah, for all of NBC's faults, it's still so much loving better having any version of the NBC booth instead of Scott Goodyear and Eddie Cheever. Hell, the Lee/Bell/Hinch booth we had on Sunday is probably the best since the days of Paul Page and Uncle Bobby.

I do still wish Jon Beekhuis was back, though.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

I'm pretty sure that Rusty's "THIS IS THE BEST DAYTONA 500 EVER" call made sure he didn't get a call back to the booth.

Bestwick was solid, but holy gently caress Eddie and Scott could drag anyone down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Dudley posted:

Literally not been out of the top 10 all year except the 500.

It's this.

If Dixon loses the championship by any less than 62 points - possibly by any less than 82 - that pit speed violation at Indy is going to give him another reason to stay up at night.