Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good
I have no idea what to expect from the Red Bulls but I hope they’re good with another year of experience under Gerhard Struber’s belt. Also if Klimala can figure out how to finish even a marginal amount we should be half way decent with Long coming back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good
Apparently Kevin Thelwell just got the director of football role at Everton.

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good

Edward Mass posted:

https://twitter.com/MLS/status/1501299792625946625

Still the best celebration for hitting the century mark I've ever seen.

He was an absolute monster for us, I miss him.

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good
Sounds like Bradley Wright-Phillips is going to take up a roll in NYRB’s front office dealing with recruitment I guess, trying to keep a pipeline of English talent coming to MLS.

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good
I have also been been to a NYCFC game at Yankee stadium and while I am a NYRB fan and thus admittedly biased (I am a Yankees fan though) it is truly just a terrible way to watch a match. The field dimensions are small, the sight lines suck, certain sections are more or less entirely devoid of supporters due to distance from the field so the whole thing feels disjointed.

I have not been to citi field for a soccer match so I can’t comment on how a soccer field fits in there, but I have been there for several Mets games and you shouldn’t have to worry about safety, the 7 train drops you off basically right on the stadium doorstep and there will be other fans there.

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good
There were some pretty goals in last nights NY v DC game

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good
I don’t know if this was news already but I just went on the MLS website and apparently the new streaming partnership is a 10 year deal with Apple TV+ which includes league cup matches as well and some of the MLS next development league stuff. Apparently if you have season tickets to a team you get it as part of that. No blackouts at all.

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good

binge crotching posted:

10 years is way too long, they are getting screwed by the end of that deal. Glad we're getting the free access again for season ticket holders, that was nice with MLS Live.

Most games being on Saturdays will be really good, although that means either the season is going to be extended yet again, or they'll play through the international breaks, since there is no way they are reducing the number of games.

Based on that article that Dallan posted it sounds like the amount they’re getting paid is going to scale based on subscriptions sold and the $250 quoted is a guaranteed minimum apple will pay, so in theory if MLS can scale this they do better too.

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good

They're probably just going to cover his multiple golf memberships. A team charter up to Pebble 3 days a week probably costs more than a DP salary anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good

Wish this would’ve happened before Sunday.