Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

insider
Feb 22, 2007

A secret room... always my favourite room in a house.
Crew's offseason was the definition of :effort: . We lost our starting right and left back on a team that is crazy reliant on them. We got a new solid CB and a mid tier winger and that's basically it. We are playing an old man at left back (Santos) which is not his natural position and if he gets injured I guess we are just hosed because we basically have no depth there.

The bright side is that this is still essentially the same team that won MLS Cup 2020 so if we stay healthy unlike last year then who knows. There is a 0% chance of a Supporter's Shield but I think a 5th place finish is likely and a MLS Cup run could happen as long as we make the playoffs.

Strengths:
-Our Spine (CBs, DMs, CAM)
-The best direct freekick taker in the league (Zelarayan)

Meh:
-Striker (Zardes and Berry should be able to do a serviceable job but if they slump or are injured we are in for some pain).

Weaknesses:
-Everything on the outside (l/r backs and wingers)
-Slow
-Predictable

If I was coach my strategy would be to:
1) get ball
2) get ball in area directly in front of box
3) draw fouls
4) let Z drain freekicks all day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

insider
Feb 22, 2007

G-Hawk posted:

The recent increase in transfer fees into mls has tilted the league more toward attacking in terms of talent balance i think

A lot of the league is spending like 5 or 10mil to buy wingers or strikers or attacking midfielders fairly often now and its adding up. Go look at yesterdays scoresheets and its full of recent expensive incoming players

Yep. Like look at the LAFC vs CLT game. You have loving Vela and Arango attacking some poor bastards named Brandt Bronico, Ben Bender, and Quinn McNeill in the midfield. Like these guys don't have a chance in hell against that quality.

Basically all clubs finally have the resources to get some really potent attacking players at this point so that is where all the money is going, and they are just throwing draft players out to defend and hope for the best.

insider
Feb 22, 2007

whypick1 posted:

Time to learn another name of a ref to yell out next year:

https://twitter.com/PSRAofficials/status/1575881246093123586

Kinda sucks as he was decent.