Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

G-Hawk posted:

I'm fairly skeptical the whens soccer on thing is a real issue, given its actually on pretty much all the time, just different leagues, competitions, etc - many of which outdraw MLS consistently.

I think it’s less “when’s soccer on” and more “when’s MLS on,” and if you can minimize the number of broadcast windows it’ll help to build that date equity. It’s what the NFL has with its Sunday windows, and single games on other days. And having all the games with no blackouts really helps.

Having it be a baseline for global rights as well is useful for somebody like me, who cannot legally get MLS because there’s no deal here. And if that also comes with a bump in quality and some other improvements then I’ll be happy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Putting all the games on at 7:30 pm local time - even for the west coast teams - is…certainly a choice, but I’m also coming from it as a PAC-12 college football fan told our games go too late. Not sure how many sickos on the east coast will want late night Cascadia or LAFC matches, but sure, fine.

So long as the games stay on Apple+ without an extra charge and without a region block in places MLS doesn’t have a TV deal already I’ll be set.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Edward Mass posted:

MLS' deal with Apple is NOT Apple TV+ - it's its own thing. With that being said, Apple TV+ will have "select" non-exclusive matches.

Ah, okay - murky memory. It's a subscription available exclusively through the AppleTV app. But still, if it's reasonably priced, they've already promised it won't be blacked out, so, still, an improvement on my current "not able even to pay for it without a VPN" situation.