Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

every FO is just batshit this season

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

any word on NYCFC gettin’ a drat spot yet? this league istg

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Madison what the gently caress
eh whatever if it pisses off the FO then I guess it’s ok

also, begrudging congrats to the Sounders. throwing a load of money at a team then actually knowing how to make it work isn’t something that happens enough lately in this shithouse league

the escape goat fucked around with this message at 20:18 on May 5, 2022

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Azerban posted:

seattle's cup will forever have an asterisk beside it, but congrats for technically winning it

and their first MLS cup too, istg

that’s soccer for ya!

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Dalmuti posted:

Hate is a disease. Get well soon, ya bitter bitches

the world is on fire, gonna keep hatin’ til the sweet release of death takes me

…on the bright side of things though I’m working with a friend who has a TV in the office so when euro footy is on we can watch it. hammering away at spreadsheets, hootin’ and hollerin’ at City shooting themselves in both feet and thighs yesterday was a bit of a treat so that’s a dece combo of being able to hate on paid company time.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

MLS in the mud

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

whypick1 posted:

I don't care how cliché it is, I'm going to sit here and pout about Seattle probably not making the playoffs this year and none of you can stop me.

Feel free to throw this back at me if Seattle makes it to #2 in the West as seems to be the norm.

it’s MLS, poo poo gets real weird out of nowhere.

like the Timbers being trash in 2015 then having a hot streak through the playoffs then scoring a 27 second goal during the final, which they then won

or the Sounders winning the cup without a single loving shot on frame

this league is a trainwreck so hold your boo-boo face back for a few weeks, you KNOW how this works by now!!

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

G-Hawk posted:

this is a big deal and whichever teams plow money into youth scouting are gonna run the league in 10 years

America is hosed with the pay-to-play system; the fees are WILD. I had no idea how awfully expensive they are til I joined the board of a scholarship specifically dedicated to helping kids pay for gear, academy fees, funds for tournaments, etc.

it’s a huge struggle for so, so many families to get to the financial point of sending their kid to an academy.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

whypick1 posted:

lol Portland

how about instead of laughing you tell your boys to somehow whip rear end the next couple of matches so the Timbers are booted out of playoff contention JEEZ

also ran into a guy at a show last night wearing a DCU kit and chatted about dedication to teams despite how much shithousery happens in front offices and poor coaching. not an easy time to support that team right now, woof

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

rooting for RSL because Portland getting a playoff run just further enables Merritt to go “oh see, look how amazing Gavin Wilkinson is he’s a genius and can’t be canned despite being an absolute oval office”

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

jfc the investigative report about abuse in NWSL had so much more horrible proof and info than I could’ve even imagined. now I REALLY want the Timbers to lose and embarrass every cowardly motherfucker in the front office that enabled such horrific actions.

awful that I’m rooting against the team I love because the organization running it is full of monsters. it shouldn’t be this way.

so many owners and GMs in both leagues need to be fired into the sun.

should anyone want to read it, here ya go- even just skimming the table of contents is nightmarish.

https://twitter.com/itsmeglinehan/status/1576981012889813001?s=46&t=BDGWce29MDIpcXs7_Tr2Zg

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

https://twitter.com/lucaswmuller/status/1579216864999198720?s=46&t=qlSZp5PtVmii8_2m57OQHQ

haaaa gently caress yes

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

He’s still making money. He’s gotta sell his percentage of ownership (as he doesn’t own the team outright, just a share of the company that does) and be 100% out of the organization to make any difference.

Preferably him AND his father (Hank Paulson, also a real shitlord) will bail. They’ll make far more than they paid initially.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

at least Portland didn’t take over 2.5 hours of play time over the course of two matches to get a single shot on frame.

hell, only took 27 seconds in their first MLS Cup appearance to score a goal, can’t take that away from PTFC.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

oh no / lmao

https://twitter.com/arililjenwall/status/1588281560083492864?s=46&t=8BuG71-mRrTDM5a49cqYzQ

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

ughhh I wish Merritt had connected when he took a swing at me a few years ago after I chirped him saying he should spend his father’s money better if he wanted more capable defenders rather than blaming the TA for a loss.

I’d be a much better team owner than that shitstain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

the reporter would have to know what that is in the first place