Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

https://twitter.com/MLS_Buzz/status/1521237671091310594

Kevin Cabral was signed to a 5 year contract, and everyone with google could tell that Costa was going to spend half the season injured. Whatever Klein does that makes ownership happy it must have nothing to do with building a team that can compete with the best teams in the league.

Feels like another season where we have a few outstanding players, but as a team have fatal flaws (terrible defense in 2019/2020, inability for anyone but Chicharito to score in 2021) that will prevent us from making the playoffs once again.

That said, it is funny that LAFC for a fifth year straight have failed to beat Galaxy away and that drives their fans insane.

threeagainstfour fucked around with this message at 23:24 on May 3, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

Galaxy gonna miss the playoffs again because Chris Klein keeps burning DP slots on guys like Douglas Costa and Kevin Cabral (on a five year deal!$

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

Minimum 250 million a year with Apple for 10 years is pretty good given that MLS ratings on TV have been pretty much dead in the water outside of the occasional game that cracks 500k viewers.

Also, with being locked in for 10 years Apple might be incentivized to actually try to promote and grow the viewership of the league. To me it always felt like Fox and ESPN barely tried to promote the league, which given the ratings you can't really blame them. Hopefully Apple puts more into the league.

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

whypick1 posted:

Congratulations Galaxy, you're no longer the retirement home team in LA

Hate LAFC but we gave our third DP slot to Douglas Costa, who has spent the majority of this season not playing at all while collecting 5 a million dollar a year salary lol

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

Delighted to see Porter knocked out of playoff qualification by Orlando

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

I'm at a point where I no longer want to watch a ton of MLS matches like I did back in the day. I kinda like the idea of just watching Galaxy games in full and then maybe putting on the whip around show to watch the rest of what is happening in the league on any given match night.

Mostly I'm pumped to never have to deal with the Spectrum Sportsnet regional blackout. I live in Long Beach which is like a 10 minute drive from Galaxy's stadium, but unless I want to get a very expensive old school cable package (currently split a YouTube TV account with two other people) I cannot watch any Galaxy games that are not nationally broadcast on Fox or ESPN.