Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
I'm excited at how this trip to the broom shop is elaborating on Kana's different approach to things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

I got a good laugh over the panel flashback where Prez was talking to a toddler Ginji who's still in her pajamas.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

the old man was too cute but otherwise big fan of these two. this broom upgrade is gone be sick

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Wow, this chapter really cemented what Kana's talents as a magical girl are--she's got a strong grasp of the technical aspects of the equipment and its functions which makes her a good and capable professional. It really makes her a nice fit for the company too, contrasting with Koshigaya's intuitive skill and working well with the programmer's ability to write up poo poo on the fly. They're a tight outfit!

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Yeah, these are all good people.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I'm glad I decided to check out this series on a whim, binged it all.

I wonder if Kana will ever get to use all 108 commands by the time the series ends?

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
They're all commands in assembly code. Variations on x=x+1

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Ibblebibble posted:

I'm glad I decided to check out this series on a whim, binged it all.

I wonder if Kana will ever get to use all 108 commands by the time the series ends?

Well we just need to hope that it catches on with the magazine audience. If you happen to get the little weekly comment cards please fill them out.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Oh boy next week we get a spicy Office Lady! I'm looking forward to the clash of wills!

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
I love Kana so much. There's something so very relatable and heart warming to me about her constantly second guessing her own strengths while people around her are appreciating her precisely because of those strengths.

:shrug: "My strength isn't special, all I can do is just read a book. Everyone can read. Meanwhile everyone around me is a genius in something."
"Nah, it's about that you want to read the book and how you use that knowledge and combine it with the external factors that makes you special."

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Lol at Shigemoto. "I get that a lot."
Gee, I wonder why.

Also stupid Midorikawa getting in the way of the biggest mystery. I can't hate Midorikawa.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
I know what I like and what I like is setting backstories that involve a Medabots style Ten Days Of Darkness event.

narm00
Feb 18, 2006
Just a single panel page this week: https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1013222

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
glad I gave this series a shot, not normally one for magical girls but this is such a drat good series that it goes beyond my indifference towards the genre.

I like that they're going with the "the problem solvers are also the cause of said problems in the first place" route with the Kaii.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Captain Invictus posted:

glad I gave this series a shot, not normally one for magical girls but this is such a drat good series that it goes beyond my indifference towards the genre.

I like that they're going with the "the problem solvers are also the cause of said problems in the first place" route with the Kaii.

Welcome!

It’s a fine series and a new chapter dropped.

I really want to know what the deal is with Shigenoto.
I love this cast so much.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I was interested in this series since it came out but I forgot to read it until now. I then read everything that was out in the span of two days. This is really good. As a programmer, some of the whole Ginji/Kana stuff really got to me too.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

One of the things I like is that they're not using traditional Magical Girl outfits, they've got Office Lady style mixed in to show that they're more mature and businesslike.

And then boss just dressing like a Cardcaptor.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
I really hope we visit other magical girl offices later on. I want to see more about how they operate.

I'm also liking this slow burn of the President's mystery outfit. Though it's probably someone he loves died because they couldn't adapt to a mutation they themselves caused.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Great display of teamwork with MGs this chapter, those twin rose swords were a delightful surprise.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
New chapter out, mostly talking heads but one big devlopment in it.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

ConanThe3rd posted:

New chapter out, mostly talking heads but one big devlopment in it.

That development is hilarious when you have the narration comment on it only to answer it in the immediate next panel, that isn't even in another page.

Also this was the most capitalism chapter to date which is impressive when you consider what the manga's about. Being a magical girl company comes with a lot of bureaucracy and a lot of conservatism it seems.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

It seems to be that not everyone on the council is aware of the realities of Kai extermination. They have their heads in the sand talking about old days when Magical Girls were in fact actual girls (Can you believe it?) and ignore President's proposal that they adopt the Alice System immediately (it seems like the smart thing to do) while meanwhile the Kai are mutating out of control and are taking even more magic to subdue using the old methods.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Kwyndig posted:

It seems to be that not everyone on the council is aware of the realities of Kai extermination. They have their heads in the sand talking about old days when Magical Girls were in fact actual girls (Can you believe it?) and ignore President's proposal that they adopt the Alice System immediately (it seems like the smart thing to do) while meanwhile the Kai are mutating out of control and are taking even more magic to subdue using the old methods.

I don't know, seems like a fair amount are aware, but because they approach it like a business and not a way to save lives they rate this possibility as a lower prio

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Yeah there's a heavy hint of "We could cure cancer but there's no money in that" going around and I'm entirely willing to bet that was what caused the Familial Schism.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

The latest magical girl transformation is one of the coolest IMO.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Ibblebibble posted:

The latest magical girl transformation is one of the coolest IMO.

I agree and I also agree with Koshigaya, I want to see it again. I want this to be adapted into an anime only for the transformation sequences.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Blaze Dragon posted:

That development is hilarious when you have the narration comment on it only to answer it in the immediate next panel, that isn't even in another page.

Also this was the most capitalism chapter to date which is impressive when you consider what the manga's about. Being a magical girl company comes with a lot of bureaucracy and a lot of conservatism it seems.

The talk about how things were back during the "nationalisation era" has me singing the internationale every chapter. It doesn't talk much, but still.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I love that transformation sequence. This meeting other companies magical women arc is really good world building. I hope the payoff is just as great.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
The newest magical girl continues to be awesome. This new Kaii looks interesting en there's a lot of background in this chapter.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Darth TNT posted:

The newest magical girl continues to be awesome. This new Kaii looks interesting en there's a lot of background in this chapter.

Interesting is an understatment for that Kai.

I did like the background info though.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i love how they just casually threw that out there. these things are fundamentally unkillable by any of our current or even theorized methods. well, have fun!

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
I'm just thinking that the symbol on the lock has some really worrying "Symbol of The Ide" energy.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
ah good, Cyriak is now designing Kaii

Jomo
Jul 11, 2009
Just started this series a few days ago as I had a lot of travel to do and seemed to be well recommended here. My goons, this is some :discourse: manga and I am glad I picked it up. Currently 1/3 of the way thru current translations, so will join the thread once I'm caught up on spoilers.

Thanks again for the recommendation thread y'all.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Won’t someone please think of the rich useless people with no actual skills?

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
I love that the villains are just people who want to deregulate the industry

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
capitalism is always the real enemy

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
it's been a while! if you're up to date, here's a new chapter!

oh boy, tsuchiba smiled! time to recruit the robotic girl from the megacorp using our grit and gumption!

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Yeah, this continues to just be a solid magical girl manga where the running plot is about evil capitalists who want to deregulate industry to profit off of big government research grants.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Yes, I’m enjoying it quite a bit. Interesting opponents as well.
Though I though miss the earlier interactions a little. It’s getting crowded at Magilumiere.