Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zybourne Clock
Oct 25, 2011

Poke me.

Nigmaetcetera posted:

I would kill myself within an hour of being permad, no doubt.

This is not a healthy thought.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

Zybourne Clock posted:

This is not a healthy thought.

i said it was an exaggeration.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

no thoughts are healthy

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

Yeah it's weird. Log out, delete the bookmark, delete taskbar history so it doesn't autofill when you're typing in other urls. I did that with facebook instead of deleting my account and I find myself using it way less afterwards.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

roomtone posted:

are autobans permanent?

try it and find out

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

roomtone posted:

are autobans permanent?

You can revive the account for a payment of I think :10bux: (Only permabans are permanent.)

Also IMO, OP did nothing wrong, and I've considered doing the same sort of thing (but instead asking for a probe for a period of my choosing) a number of times. (My forums use is under control lately, ops, so no probe now pls). Hey, some of us have addictive personalities.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

BigBadSteve posted:

You can revive the account for a payment of I think :10bux: (Only permabans are permanent.)

Also IMO, OP did nothing wrong, and I've considered doing the same sort of thing (but instead asking for a probe for a period of my choosing) a number of times. (My forums use is under control lately, ops, so no probe now pls). Hey, some of us have addictive personalities.

historically speaking, if you ask for a probe, you get a ban.
E: or maybe 11 years

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

roomtone posted:

are autobans permanent?

nothing is permanent!

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

kntfkr posted:

nothing is permanent!

I like the cut of your gib

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

The French Army posted:

Your old av was way better.

I'll live to squid again

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
i hope op finds a way

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

i found myself using sa too much a little while back and i just logged out and deleted it from my bookmarks and didn't post for a week. it's fine

Schlong Connery
Jan 20, 2014

Pika-Chew

Nigmaetcetera posted:

I don’t get why people do this, especially if they try to get permad. I would kill myself within an hour of being permad, no doubt. I don’t use social media of any kind so it would basically be cutting me off from all human contact.

drat, dude
this place is my main social media too. i'm sorry that you are in that place of isolation. I have felt that way as well.
you seem like a good person, and while i don't know you, i'm sure that you do have people irl that care about you. take care

RadicalTranslation
Jan 26, 2021

Nigmaetcetera posted:

I don’t get why people do this, especially if they try to get permad. I would kill myself within an hour of being permad, no doubt. I don’t use social media of any kind so it would basically be cutting me off from all human contact.

Are there any studies on how healthy this is, cause I'm the same way lol.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

Please stop quoting that post, I already said it was an exaggeration.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
I think it's good to take a break if you find the forums are occupying too much of your mental real estate, good luck with everything OP

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Nigmaetcetera posted:

you okay buddy? :shobon:

Shishkahuben
Mar 5, 2009

Nigmaetcetera posted:

Maybe you should make your own thread homie, sounds like you're overdue for some time on the bench.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

Ok y’all are doing it on purpose now.

Shishkahuben
Mar 5, 2009

Nigmaetcetera posted:

Yours is the third post in the thread and the first substantial post on the page. Edit your post to better reflect your actual thoughts instead of calling people out for being concerned about you.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

Shishkahuben posted:

Yours is the third post in the thread and the first substantial post on the page. Edit your post to better reflect your actual thoughts instead of calling people out for being concerned about you.

No!

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

Nigmaetcetera posted:

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Nigmaetcetera posted:

Susan

DONKEY SALAMI
Jun 28, 2008

donkey? donkey?

Nigmaetcetera posted:

The pendulum swung hard first three posts in this thread.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.

Nigmaetcetera posted:

Hey man, they have hookers you know

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

I’m never, ever going to kill myself now, even if I get horrible diseases and gruesome injuries and end up like the guy in Johnny Got His Gun. In fact, I will pursue immortality at any cost, drinking up the blood of your descendants and sustaining my unnatural existence with their precious, precious life-energy as I endure countless eons. You brought this on yourselves, really.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Ending up like Johnny Guns from Johnny got his gun specifically precludes you from any self harm

runnypoops
Mar 26, 2016

been there. done that. prove yourself to me.
Im dumb and gay and penis is small and doesn’t work anymore

runnypoops
Mar 26, 2016

been there. done that. prove yourself to me.
The OP asked me to post that for him

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
I'm deeply embarrassed that I have had time to live, laugh and love. Raised a family, listened to rock and roll, dodged the fedora

OP is the real deal, tough as nails, stone cold poster

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

runnypoops posted:

alright buddy. and is op in the room with us right now?

DONKEY SALAMI
Jun 28, 2008

donkey? donkey?

Nigmaetcetera posted:

I’m never, ever going to kill myself now, even if I get horrible diseases and gruesome injuries and end up like the guy in Johnny Got His Gun. In fact, I will pursue immortality at any cost, drinking up the blood of your descendants and sustaining my unnatural existence with their precious, precious life-energy as I endure countless eons. You brought this on yourselves, really.

We need auto immortality threads.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Hellblazer187 posted:

Banning myself to get a way for a while

(USER WAS AUTOBANNED FOR THIS POST)

how was your vacation?

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

how was your vacation?

autobans don't clear av hth

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Peggy Edson posted:

autobans don't clear av hth

ah. didn't know that

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
wait. i thought it gave you the banned until you bought back, but didn't delete your avatar like a normal ban does

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

See you in Posting Valhalla op

Edit: or in a month in a pizza thread or whatever

Johnny-on-the-Spot
Apr 17, 2015

That feeling when he opens
the door for you

runnypoops posted:

Reported for account sharing.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
You can log out any time you like... but you can never leave!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

You can log out any time you like... but you can never leave!

:hmmyes: