Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What will happen to our brave protagonist?
You will die.
You will not die.
You will eventually die.
You will never eventually die.
You will get high.
You will get not high.
You will get high.
View Results

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
Dude you need to call 911

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sootikins
May 24, 2008

Did I ever. Remember it as if it were yesterday. Soon as I woke, I went to empty my bowels - my favorite part of the day. Defecatin' to the sunrise - downright glorious.
I do this sometimes when I reup because I have a little bit left in my grinder and gosh I just wanna try this new stuff.

They tell me the names and I just go "oh okay cool" and immediately forget what it is.

Good times

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

it makes me feel alright

:yeah:

sootikins fucked around with this message at 12:53 on Feb 26, 2022

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

sootikins posted:

I do this sometimes when I reup because I have a little bit left in my grinder and gosh I just wanna try this new stuff.

They tell me the names and I just go "oh okay cool" and immediately forget what it is.

Good times

i do it constantly because all weed is the same.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

sootikins posted:

Good times

lol all the hipsters I buy weed from always trying to tell me strains and poo poo and its just like, "man, I am almost 40 years old, in a month I'm gonna be able to go to the store and buy weed when I want to, does it get me high and make me feel alright or does it suck? Oh nobody has sold weed that sucks balls in like 15 years? Cool."

Lieutenant Dan
Oct 27, 2009

Weedlord Bonerhitler
I keep a detailed log of all the different strains I've smoked like a stamp-collecting nerd :ohdear: am i going to jail

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Lieutenant Dan posted:

I keep a detailed log of all the different strains I've smoked like a stamp-collecting nerd :ohdear: am i going to jail

no you are just a nerd and I would make fun of you for doing that while gladly smoking ur weed with u

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

in the UK most dealers just make up random poo poo for a name and it's lame.

either that or you go through a period where literally everyone just has one strain like lemon haze

i had a brief period when I lived in Edinburgh where my dealer was some super geeky D&D guy though and he's the only one I've ever believed his strains were actually what he said they were.

he had some 'master kush' once and it blew my brains out in a way no other weed ever has, and I spend my days now searching for it through the barren wastelands of scotland

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

either that or you go through a period where literally everyone just has one strain like lemon haze

i had a brief period when I lived in Edinburgh where my dealer was some super geeky D&D guy though and he's the only one I've ever believed his strains were actually what he said they were.

he had some 'master kush' once and it blew my brains out in a way no other weed ever has, and I spend my days now searching for it through the barren wastelands of scotland

almost 20 years ago I bought some Great White Shark from a dude and it was legit medical weed at a time where you couldn't buy anything with qc and TRICHOMES WERE AMAZING, and that poo poo really was straight white. It was amazing. My brother and I still talk about smoking that poo poo sometimes when we smoke weed with each other, it was that good and that legit.

I have never remembered the name of another strain and don't give a gently caress to lol

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

lol master kush and sour diesel are the two exceptions to my "all weed is the same" rule. Master kush is the best for smoking/vaping, and sour diesel makes the best firecrackers.

sootikins
May 24, 2008

Did I ever. Remember it as if it were yesterday. Soon as I woke, I went to empty my bowels - my favorite part of the day. Defecatin' to the sunrise - downright glorious.
I always appreciate how pretty modern weed is.

Older high end cultivars (like, 1970s era) look like lawn clippings at best with copious seeds. Compare Colombian or Acapulco Gold from then and now and it's an extraordinary difference.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

sootikins posted:

I always appreciate how pretty modern weed is.

Older high end cultivars (like, 1970s era) look like lawn clippings at best with copious seeds. Compare Colombian or Acapulco Gold from then and now and it's an extraordinary difference.

Who knows what the weed even looks like, it's not trimmed. This is more of a processing advancement than anything. And when it comes to flower from the third world, using traditional methods, like a thai stick or malawi cob, these are old world techniques for curing weed without A/C and mason jars. They are hacks for drying and curing weed and transporting it long distances without airtight containers or climate control in humid places, and they've solved most of the practical problems and likely enhanced and decarbed the weed microbially to some degree if the cob people are to be believed. It just comes out looking like a dog turd. To look at it and judge it based on appearance compared to modern weed handled from start to finish for bag appeal isn't necessarily going to give you a fair assessment of its quality as a drug for you to smoke. The mexican weed we grew up on, for comparison, was grown haphazardly at huge scale, resulting in lots of seeds, and then pressed into bricks and shipped without trimming as soon as it was dry. It was poo poo long before it turned brown. IMO the gains from the 70s to the present in good weed are probably just a blip compared to how much better things are today than in the bad old days of ubiquitous mexibrick. But I wasn't there

poverty goat fucked around with this message at 15:13 on Feb 26, 2022

sootikins
May 24, 2008

Oh for sure. My statement was entirely about the looks.

I've had some that looked like weird turds that was just super dense and ended up being amazing. I've also had batches that look stellar, taste like grandma's change purse, and very little buzz.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

I want to learn to be a pro weed breeder, and make the strongest strains in the world and give them all incredibly offensive names so no dispensary will carry them. Novichok, Unit 731, Einsatzgruppen, Jonestown, and Literal Genocide will be my main indicas. My sativas will include MKULTRA, Sadistic Dentist, Nonconsensual Butt Stuff, and Ottis Toole. This will be funny to me, because I find sabotaging myself and alienating others to be humorous.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Mac and Cheese posted:

the true bullshit collapse happened as soon as it was legal. strains are more just taste and i literally mean how it tastes when you hit it

yeah i've never been able to tell much difference between "sativa" and "indica"

i'm also pretty much convinced that all the "flavors" that legal weed has are just like, they're spraying them down with Lysol or whatever

becayse oterwise how in the world does this weed taste like oranges

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

precision posted:

yeah i've never been able to tell much difference between "sativa" and "indica"

i'm also pretty much convinced that all the "flavors" that legal weed has are just like, they're spraying them down with Lysol or whatever

becayse oterwise how in the world does this weed taste like oranges

terpenes

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
yeah it is pretty crazy how good all weed looks now

all of it has a billion THC crystals in 40 colors and hairs and everything

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

yes yes i know about "terpenes" i'm just saying, i think they're bullshit

the weed store even sells "terpene shots" now and i looked at them the other day and lmao they just have a ton of caffeine in them

like yeah, i'm sure they make you feel something... cause you just did two shots of espresso lmao

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

precision posted:

yes yes i know about "terpenes" i'm just saying, i think they're bullshit

the weed store even sells "terpene shots" now and i looked at them the other day and lmao they just have a ton of caffeine in them

like yeah, i'm sure they make you feel something... cause you just did two shots of espresso lmao

Myrcene is the only important terp.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
what really does grind my gears a bit though is that where i live now, the weed store only hires people who TRY WAY TOO HARD

you know what i mean.... they have a zillion (bad) tattoos and they act like they're super weird bad asses cause we live in the midwest and i'm like... haha people in actual big cities don't EVER try that hard, you look so silly

nice japanese tattoos, guy. what do they mean? "i'm a white dumbass"? haha

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

they are important for flavor and smell, they just don't have magical psychoactive effects in concert with weed

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

poverty goat posted:

they are important for flavor and smell, they just don't have magical psychoactive effects in concert with weed

right, exactly. they don't "do" poo poo

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
poo poo, i forgot to get high this morning... i've been awake for 25 entire minutes without smoking

sporkstand
Jun 15, 2021
voted die

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay dog house

precision posted:

delta 8 is unregulated and also barely gets you high do not smoke it unless i guess you have absolutely no other optionss

the head shops around here all try to push delta 8 and it's like no... no thanks... i just need a pack of screens for smoking my Actual Weed haha

oh that's dumb. i kept hearing about delta 8 like it was a good thing but i dab diamonds so i can get insanely high and i think i'll stick to that

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

R.L. Stine posted:

oh that's dumb. i kept hearing about delta 8 like it was a good thing but i dab diamonds so i can get insanely high and i think i'll stick to that

I live in a legal state and I prefer delta8, I'll only really buy real weed from the dispo if I run out but d8 is better for me. Less/zero anxiety and I'm a little more functional with it. DOnt buy from a headshop, they'll rip you off and sell you bathtub juice for $40. This place is pretty good:
https://cannaclear.com/

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

i dont smoke weed i smoke fools like u on the court

frh
Dec 6, 2014

Hire Kenny G to play for me in the elevator.
I am a new weed smoker because it just became legal where I live and my employer is no longer allowed to fire us for testing positive for it.

I've tried all different types of legal weed from a dispensery. They seem pretty good. My friend is a big weed guy and still buys it on the streets. Most of his stuff is good but he had this one strain called "Greasemonkey" and it was so incredible that I literally couldn't stand up after smoking it.

Is this a known strain around the world? Or is this just some poo poo my friend's friend made up? Why does it work so much better on me?

Also I wanted to know what people do to make these things feel different than other strains. Is it all THC or are some people seriously lacing it with weird poo poo for this to happen? Or does it actually have to do with the seeds and growing process?

Oh and what's the general consensus? Which is considered stronger! Street weed or legal dispensery weed?

Thanks weed friends. 🍃

frh
Dec 6, 2014

Hire Kenny G to play for me in the elevator.
Oh yeah and any tips on not stinking up my whole house? I smoke in the garage but apparently it leaks into the house and even if it didn't I still manage to stink like smoke. I was thinking of no joke smoking in a robe or something so I can just take it off when I'm done and my clothes won't stink lol

Any one got any tips on not stinking out the house and or myself?

Furious George
Oct 3, 2002

Blooster posted:

Any one got any tips on not stinking out the house and or myself?

vape it

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Get a flower vaporizer and run it on low temperature, like anywhere between 155 and 200

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Blooster posted:

I am a new weed smoker because it just became legal where I live and my employer is no longer allowed to fire us for testing positive for it.

I've tried all different types of legal weed from a dispensery. They seem pretty good. My friend is a big weed guy and still buys it on the streets. Most of his stuff is good but he had this one strain called "Greasemonkey" and it was so incredible that I literally couldn't stand up after smoking it.

Is this a known strain around the world? Or is this just some poo poo my friend's friend made up? Why does it work so much better on me?

if it got you WAY more or differently high than the high-THC legal stuff, it was almost certainly delta 8

delta 8 usually just gets you "less stoned" but some delta 8, because it's all unregulated and untested who knows why, but some of it gives you a very "weird" high that is not exactly comfortable

if you're buying high-THC legal weed and none of it comes close to that stuff you smoked, it's definitely delta 8 or something even worse. be careful.

runnypoops
Mar 26, 2016

been there. done that. prove yourself to me.
You can’t get high off weed anymore OP. The weed “high” is actually an adrenaline rush from doing something illegal. Now that its legal its like smoking straw hth

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

Nigmaetcetera posted:

I want to learn to be a pro weed breeder, and make the strongest strains in the world and give them all incredibly offensive names so no dispensary will carry them. Novichok, Unit 731, Einsatzgruppen, Jonestown, and Literal Genocide will be my main indicas. My sativas will include MKULTRA, Sadistic Dentist, Nonconsensual Butt Stuff, and Ottis Toole. This will be funny to me, because I find sabotaging myself and alienating others to be humorous.

MKULTRA is already a popular strain

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side
The strongest strain I tried was a prepack (which is the best way to get them since if it's re-packed it could be anything) was GMO. I did 25 grams on a Volcano and it made me feel like there was a large hole in my head. (GMO stands for Garlic Mushrooms and Onions by the way.)

MKUltra prepack was another one that I found to be pretty strong, not quite as strong as the GMO though.

I stopped doing weed, I only did it for a short time (a couple of months), but ultimately, it made me feel like I was spaced out all the time and made it hard to think and concentrate... I guess this is the "stoner" effect, and it's just not for me. :\

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Bula Vinaka posted:

I stopped doing weed, I only did it for a short time (a couple of months), but ultimately, it made me feel like I was spaced out all the time and made it hard to think and concentrate...

that's stage 1

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

Faffel posted:

MKULTRA is already a popular strain

:(

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Smoke raisins :wiggle:

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Three different kinds of weed and grown together they call that poo poo Bin Laden weed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

https://youtu.be/y50eNpEqbTg