Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Also known as Fantasy Knockout, Fabiniku, or FBO.

I have been watching this show and read ahead in the manga and think it's a fun series, so here is a thread for it.

MAL posted:

Since their days as students, Tsukasa Jinguuji has had incredible luck with women due to his good looks; Hinata Tachibana has had almost none, overshadowed by Jinguuji's brilliance. However, while Jinguuji has never shown interest in the opposite sex, Tachibana is always desperate for a girlfriend. Despite their polar differences, they continue to be best friends even in their thirties as salarymen.

One night, the two are returning home from a mixer where Jinguuji was the center of attention as usual. In his drunken rambles, a frustrated Tachibana inadvertently wishes to become a beautiful girl with irresistible charm. As if the heavens were listening, a goddess suddenly shows herself before Jinguuji and Tachibana, transporting them to another world to defeat the Demon Lord and simultaneously granting Tachibana's desire.

Tachibana—now in the body of an impossibly perfect woman—has become so attractive that even Jinguuji is captivated. Moreover, Tachibana grows aware of Jinguuji's stunning appearance, finally understanding his popularity. Before they fall in love with each other, the duo must complete their mission or risk remaining prisoners to their infatuations forever.

Tachibana, hero summoned by the goddess of love. Mostly useless but innately able to charm all the men around just by being seen, which mostly just causes problems for the pair.

Jinguuji, summoned along with Tachibana. High spec on earth and in the new world alike, but kind of a stiff.

Telolilo, leader of a group of forest elves with a grudge against Tachibana and Jinguuji for many reasons.

Our precious son Schwarz von Liechtenstein Lohengramm, also a reincarnated hero summoned by the goddess of night.

The series is primarily the adventure of Tachibana and Jinguuji with other characters tagging along for short arcs and occasionally recurring. It's very much an idiots and assholes comedy, but the two understanding what their relationship with each other is is also a major thrust of the story. Of note, the series is by a husband (Ikezawa Shin, artist) and wife (Tsurusaki Yuu, writer) pair.

Having read ahead, there's a pretty clear point where they can end the season, so no need to worry about the show leaving something hanging beyond the overarching plot which isn't close to concluded in the ongoing manga yet, either.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Feb 26, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Schwarz is the best and he only gets better later on.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I figure it's OK to talk about stuff past where the anime is likely to end, so if anyone who has read ahead in the manga wants to post about that, feel free but use your judgment to not spoil stuff that will probably be in the anime for those watching.

Mostly I just want to post about how the latest arc has been great.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Just a little teenage rebellion going on right now.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Our boy is becoming a true hero.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Sindai posted:

Unfortunately I think the adaptation consumed nearly all of the existing material, so it'll be a while.

Nah there's a good amount after, but probably not quite enough for a season yet.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Good finale and I'm glad they really did go all in on the climax of it. A bit of a shame that it ended there since probably my favorite chapter so far is pretty much the next thing that would happen, but it wouldn't be the best ending point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

The manga is a bit more fanservicey if that is your concern, but not really beyond like an average shonen series beach chapter. You'd lose a few goofs if you just went with the anime, but I don't recall them off the top of my head.

You could also just look and judge for yourself.