Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

I fought the lava, and the lava won.
Well, yes, discouragement from using your favorite weapons has its obvious downsides, but when you're determinedly trying to complete the Impossible Challenge using only the Spiderbot Glove, you get REALLY good at using the Spiderbot Glove. This game discouraged me from using weapons because if I used them, I wouldn't have full ammo, and I'd find myself picking up Decoy Glove ammo when I really need Visibombs. Keeping all of your unused weapons topped up means all of the ammo pickups are helping you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

I fought the lava, and the lava won.
As I'm catching up with the videos, finally, it's worth mentioning that you don't have to wait until New Game + to get the Gold weapons. The game gives you easy access to the shop in Challenge mode, but there's a room at the Blarg base that has five of them for sale as soon as you get to the end of the level.

It's also kind of weird returning to this game after playing absolutely any other Ratchet game, since you almost always start with some kind of pistol, while this one doesn't make that available until... Metropolis, I want to say? It's been a very long time since I've played it through.