Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
Strictly speaking at the point we get the Swingshot, we hadn't actually done anything to be seen as a legitimate threat to Drek or Quark.

Recall that the former only said that "This could be a problem" when he told Quark to take care of Ratchet & Clank while Quark believes that he can lure us to our deaths on his planet, it won't be until after Quark's trap fails that Drek chews him out on his idiocy because Drek "Simply needed him [Quark] to eliminate those two nuisances before they can cause any real trouble".

Also technically you're jumping the gun regarding Ratchet and Clank's respective priorities because it isn't until after the aforementioned back stab and being lured into death trap by Quark that Ratchet prioritizes getting revenge vs Clank trying to stop Drek. Right now though Ratchet is only looking to have fun while Clank is the one currently looking for Quark, believing that Quark can be trusted to stop Drek.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
I like how Clank forgot that the whole reason Ratchet was pissed off with him in the first place was because it was Clank who fell for Quark's deception, not Ratchet. Granted, Ratchet doesn't bring the fact up either not even in a calm "You know, I haven't forgotten the time you nearly got us killed" reminder.

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
Correction: The Glove of Doom is a gauntlet that releases man-eating robots named Agents of Doom, the punching glove weapon is known as the Walloper.

Also I love how the old man is like "I picked the wrong guy...."

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
Naughty Dog actually did try to reboot Jak and Daxter after Uncharted but they realized that they were doing so for marketing reasons rather than being genuinely passionate about the project and they felt like they were doing a disservice to to what they believed fans wanted which led to the reboot getting scrapped and team creating The Last of Us.

Also the Plumber became Insomniac's favorite running joke, appearing in every game to make meta jokes to the point Kalon and Ape started calling him God.

Also the decline in mascot platformers wasn't so much a decline in mascot characters in general but more a decline in platformers as a genre altogether. Microsoft did not want Master Chief as the X Box's mascot because had a generic armored soldier design, no discernible personality and Halo's age rating which was why they initially pushed Blinx the Time Sweeper as their console's mascot until he proved unpopular.

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
And now Ratchet has a personal stake and thus reason to want Drek dead whereas before Ratchet was, by his own admission, gunning for Quark while Drek would've been taken down with him.

It was only after Quark was cast to Oltanis in humiliation that Ratchet accepted that Drek needed to be stopped after seeing the damage Drek had done to Gorda City even then it more out of duty to Clank than a vendetta like with Quark.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
This was the only game in the series I played growing up and I still enjoy it.