Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Borrovan posted:

Can anyone point me towards any concrete examples of the EHRA definition of antisemitism being a big pile of poo poo used to suppress left wing free speech/criticism of Israel (apart from the obvious), ideally with sources, or criticism of it by Jewish groups, that sort of thing? Need it for a thing

https://rebellion602.wordpress.com/2022/02/21/reaching-the-tipping-point/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

I'm on Octopus but can't find a referral code - do you not get one if you're on a fixed tariff?

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

If you go to your dashboard and scroll down, it says "refer your friends" and then there's a link with some random words eg big-blue-elephant (I made that up, it's not mine!).
Only word of caution, it does doxx your real first name (but not your surname).

I'm on a fixed tariff. I guess if you can't find one, maybe you've been on the tariff longer than they've had the referral thing? I fixed mine in October.

Nope, and I fixed mine in Sept. But I was with Co-op Energy originally, Octopus took them over, so maybe I'm in some weird legacy limbo.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Borrovan posted:

narrator voice &c

I swear to God when my daughter starts school if I ever hear of a single police officer setting foot onsite I will absolutely lose my poo poo. If literally anything that ever happens within a school becomes a criminal matter rather than a welfare/safeguarding matter, you have already Done hosed Up, bigly, and need to fix that gently caress up before treating literal children like criminals.

This is unfair

The married ones are even worse, the single ones at least don't beat their partners

Nah, the single ones beat their partners instead of beating their spouses.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

keep punching joe posted:

edit: also what the gently caress with the weather, its sunny here right now but I also just saw some random flakes of snow.

Actual hailstones here in SE London about half an hour ago...

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Grey Hunter posted:

Looks like there is another run on fuel going on atm...

They've got the "no more than 2 of these items" notices back up on the bogroll shelves in my local Sainsburys too.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Trickjaw posted:

Thread, I need your help. I think I have just watched Johnny Cash singing 'Ghost Riders in the sky' on the Muppet Show. Have I had a stroke? If I'm going to to go, this seems oddly appropriate.

We had a record with him on singing "I'm Being Swallowed By A Boa Constrictor" when I was little. Johnny Cash gave no shits at all. :rock:

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

God almighty I can actually feel my soul trying to crawl out of my ears to get away from this broken world:

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2022/apr/18/piers-morgan-compares-himself-nelson-mandela-free-speech

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Julio Cruz posted:

yeah it'll absolutely vary from one cat to the next and depending on the circumstances involved, I was probably too generalising in my original post

Yeah, I once rented a first floor flat and moved in with 2 cats who were used to garden access. The younger lad couldn't have given less of a poo poo but the older girl spent most of her time at the back window trying to scrabble her way out.

They'll let you know their opinions quick enough...

Ed: and they were both garden users when they had the opportunity, it was just one wasn't bothered either way and the other definitely was.

Runcible Cat fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Apr 19, 2022

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Apraxin posted:

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-61203575

Guess they feel they have to play catch-up with the US war on trans people :smith:

oh no too affirmative the horror.

Ed: argh snipe here have a cat. Thread meet Sam; he's a true UKMT cat because I adopted him from a post here a few months back:

Runcible Cat fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Apr 23, 2022

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Can I count a paunch as a pouch?

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

I might be lured over to an East London goonmeet if they're willing to accept an interloper from South of the River...

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Jeherrin posted:

South London solidarity!

:orks::respek::zombie:

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

feedmegin posted:

I mean I live in Ilford, broadly speaking, it's not exactly posh round here either ;p

I'm Woolwich-adjacent, so not so much posh or un-posh as crammed with Army leftovers and remnants of Empire. Every bloody street and quite a few houses named for battles, battleships and/or military twats.

Some very nice Nepalis and Sikhs around though.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Guavanaut posted:

Born too late to explore the world. Born too early to explore the stars. Born just right for never before studied helminths from the Amazon to explore my loops of Henle.

A whole new frontier is open to you!

(one of my favourite books)

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

happyhippy posted:

That was meant to be a Harry Potter joke. Should have left in the 'And he hated public transport. Always chaufferred everywhere by privately owned transport'

"Let's not even mention his private courier service."

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Dead Goon posted:

Eat the rich.

That's the problem with wealth concentration; there's not enough rich people around for the rest of us to get more than a mouthful.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Guavanaut posted:

"Mankind does not strive for happiness; only the English do" may have been the wrongest thing that Nietzsche said.

IDK, a hefty number of us seem to be made very happy by toffs making GBS threads on us from a great height and telling us it's a windfall, so...

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

fuctifino posted:

We're going to have to change all the signpost distances from km to miles.

That'll put a dent in the unemployment figures.

Though of course it'll be farmed out to some rich Tory benefactor's shell company with the actual work done by poor sods on zero-hours contracts who have to change 72 signs per hour to avoid financial penalties.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

His Divine Shadow posted:

I'll buy that for a farthing!

Found an excellent thread on Twitter regarding historical metric hate and how it's tied to nationalism (including a truly amazing anti-metric anthem from the 19th century involving the lines "Let every Saxon sing / A pint's a pound the world round / Till all the earth shall ring")

https://twitter.com/jjvincent/status/1530901940623880192