Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

Holy poo poo. The MEN is so loving awful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

keep punching joe posted:

Why has everyone started pronouncing Kiev as Keeeve, did I miss the memo?

I'm really confused by the new spelling. Does it rhyme with Steve? Or is it like Cai-Ev?

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

I think it's fine to call it Kiev. English has its own names for other peoples' cities, like most languages. Nobody calls Paris ~Pareee~ except French people

Yeah I mean this is my take on most of these things tbh.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

Lord Young there. Former head of the CWU, current board member of the LGB alliance...

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

It's obviously opportunist as poo poo but if this means normalising our relations with Iran it's a good thing and a long time coming.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

Angrymog posted:

Anyone had experience with small claims court? I'm almost certainly going to be filling against a horse dealer who's taken my deposit, but is refusing to show me the passport so I can't confidently book a vetting.

(Also horse can't be sold or moved without a passport)

This is going to be a breach of contract so it's a bit trickier than issuing for a debt, I would suggest taking some legal advice before you go ahead with it.

The actual process of issuing small claims proceedings is very straightforward however if that is what you're asking.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

Angrymog posted:

I've been taking advice from the British Horse Society - they give legal advice to members.

That's good, to be honest the easiest thing to do is go through the moj website guide, it has a step by step guide which straightforward. You should be able to issue online through the county court business centre.

https://www.gov.uk/make-court-claim-for-money

Before you issue just make sure you've given notice to the other side that you intend to issue proceedings if they fail to make payment and that you will look to recover your costs and interest if you are obliged to issue proceedings. This will also give them the opportunity to confirm their address for service if they've got solicitors. Hopefully they don't and they'll fail to defend the claim once you issue, and you can just enter a default judgement against them so you can instruct bailiffs

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

So my understanding is that Labour has won council seats off the conservatives in London but has failed to make progress anywhere else?

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

Failed Imagineer posted:

Twitter keeps showing me pics of Charles' fingers. Man's organs are not working right

https://twitter.com/leahgaraas/status/1524605766673461248?t=VTxDl4vrPXTIrg4Iu5cASQ&s=19

Goatses really let himself go

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

Obviously the "doth protest too much" first line about noncing is getting a lot of attention but the fact he seems to think we'll all know who Janet is is definitely a great punchline.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

Lol gutted I no longer live in Stretford