Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/BrandyBeansH/status/1523851115908980738?s=20&t=vrGw2_DK5VbriWE0JXt9ug

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

willie_dee posted:

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...MP=share_btn_tw

We all know the spy cops scandal was utterly sickening, but if you want more rage fuel, new information is coming out.

:popeye:

quote:

As Steel prepared her defence, Dines would obligingly pick her up from meetings with the young lawyer who was helping her – a newly qualified Keir Starmer – enabling him to hear all about the defence arguments as he drove her home. Later it would emerge that another undercover officer from the same SDS unit had helped draft the offending leaflet.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

Guavanaut posted:

Yeah those are from spuds I think.

Today's "they did surgery on a grape" is apparently "post boxes have a hidden bottom"

How else would they survive the 'ra?

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

Cookie Cutter posted:

It's always surprised me how loving about with postboxes doesn't seem to be a thing in the UK, as most things you leave unsecured outside tend to end up becoming someone's "fair game" in one way or another. A direct open slot with a bunch of stranger's personal and possibly valuable things inside just seems like a perfect target to have matches thrown in, beer poured into it, etc, but I've never heard of it happening.

Interfering with the mail is very illegal in ways that other random stuff in the street isn't.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

fuctifino posted:

The magic of the ignore button doesn't work if you quote them

If you have ublock you can do

code:
forums.somethingawful.com##.postbody > .bbc-block:-abp-contains(A_USERNAME)
and you won't see quotes either :science:

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

Dead Goon posted:

Holy poo poo, I love you :D

[edit] not sure if this actually works, can still see quotes from the million people I now have in my ignore list.

All it did was hide your quotes when I quoted you,

What fuctifino said, you need to put a username in the brackets. And create a new rule for each user.

Hopefully you aren't the goon that ignored so many users it slowed the forum down.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

Lungboy posted:

"Specific term" for 2 male friends.....

Ant and Dec :catstare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Just had a nasty thought this morning, if the £400 heating thing is going to come directly off our bills, how does this work for people on metred electricity? Do their accounts get topped up with £400 credit, or do they just not get it?

A news article said it would either be vouchers or applied to the meter automatically.