Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Shame high proof alcohol doesn't get yellow stickered, could have made a decent last-ditch molotov.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

OwlFancier posted:

Minimum pricing laws iirc?

Also risks starting a perpetual motion machine of people getting shitfaced on the cut price booze and then turning up to fight for more of it.

this is the content I'd pay a tv license for

e: ^ okay but what about everclear

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Boss has covid, end up having to break my WfH streak, work immediately goes "gov says everything is okay dont wear masks anymore pls :)".

Its a cramped af building. Love ingerland.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

OwlFancier posted:

I still think you should be able to do an unvote.

Rather than voting for people you should also be able to vote against them and it subtracts one from their vote count.

drat, I wouldn't have to deliberate and try to dig up what my Greens want to do and whether my Lib Dems are worth the time and if my Labour is the bad kind of I could just veto Tory votes :swoon:

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

The issue is the wording such as "Things you can choose to do" and "When to consider wearing a face covering". Plus I work at a school and:

quote:

Those attending education or childcare settings will not normally be expected to wear a face covering.

This in on a page that starts by talking about how you can't know who might be vulnerable and to care about your fellow commuters and then goes "but lol gently caress 'em muh rights".

We are in a cramped and poorly ventilated building and I have no clue why the administration of the school is so excited to scrap any safety measures. A friend caught covid 2 weeks into returning to work after 2 years of not catching it.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Are you allowed to wear one if you prefer to or is it strongly frowned upon?

Yea, the wording was "support the people that want to wear a mask" but like, I'm protecting people while kind of just having to gamble. Whatever, I'm salty as gently caress and want out of this country.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

I too avoid committing too many braincells to remembering names of people I don't like tbh

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

My postal ballot got hosed up (by me, accidentally) and I forgot to check what I was meant to do about it, then forgot I had even received one. Went in to the polling station and was politely reminded about it. Oops.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

3 wards in my council have reported and 2 are tory gains or no changes, and one is labour :(

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

It's better than "fracas". At some point in the last few years the media had a hard on for that word and I have no idea why it's so grating, maybe it's just how Brits say foreign words.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

JollyBoyJohn posted:

Not yet but I've got somewhere between 6 weeks and 3 months left in me before I have a major meltdown and quit my job -

:unsmith::hf::unsmith: