Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Eyyyy

E: truly the worst snipe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
The river was deep but I swam it (Janet)
The future is ours so let's plan it (Janet)
So please don't tell me to can it (Janet)
I've one thing to say and that's
Dammit, Janet, I love you never touched them kids

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Adrian Chiles now identifies as a 🐸

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Literally crying, thank you Boris

https://twitter.com/PippaCrerar/status/1530569025390092288?t=QGng0FuLGedBuLA3lMQmoA&s=19

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
It'll be done by slaves of whoever the UK has an extant trade relationship with, so ... North Korea?

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Darth Walrus posted:

The main argument on restaurants I saw is that sit-down, table-service restaurants (as opposed to, say, food stalls and cafeterias) are only an economically viable business model for mass consumption (as opposed to an extreme and unusual luxury) thanks to colossal labour exploitation, and the same may apply to other service-economy luxuries that we presently take for granted. I'm prepared to accept that the people who are familiar with the industry and have done the relevant maths might know what they're talking about on that one. Some industries have exploitation baked in to the point where they're unreformable - see also, tuna fishing.

I recommend everyone watch Boiling Point which is a fantastic single-shot film featuring the king Stephen Graham as head chef in a restaurant on an incredibly stressful night. I think it really hammers this point home about how poo poo the service industry is even in a fancyish restaurant, as well as being an accomplishment of a film

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
There's a Govindas HK place in Dublin, all I know is that their paneer gave me the worst hot farts of my entire life, never again

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Fuckkkk. Wonder how much if that is gonna come from the large civil service in NI

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Giants Causeway is very ironically much smaller than you would expect but it's quite nice on a nice day. Plus that ropebridge a few miles away that keeps getting sabotaged by local youngsters lol

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Lord of the Llamas posted:

Also rather than "even in a fancy restaurant" it seems that fancy restaurants are *especially* poo poo to their staff.

Yeah probably right, well maybe fastfood and high-end are the worst, but the in-between might be a bit more chill

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

therattle posted:

I thought the film was good but not great. I knew pretty much exactly where it was going but it got there fairly well. I am not sure that the one-shot wasn't just a gimmick - I don't know how it necessarily added to the story.

It's the kind of thing that I reflexively assume is going to be gimmicky but for me the form really complemented the content - I was stressed as hell for the whole thing about how they were keeping the whole production going, which is the point. Doesn't have to work for everyone

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Tesseraction posted:

One of the claims that "wog" wasn't slur because it was "Western Oriented Gentleman" - a term that has never been used seriously and is clearly trying to pretend it isn't more likely to be from gollywog. Which I only bothered to learn today is from golly + pollywog, a pollywog being another name for a tadpole, meaning "wiggly head."

So technically 'wog' means wiggle/wiggly. I guess that does rhyme with the main racial slur those kinds like to use.

The Wiggles, deeply problematic

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Yeah gently caress that, the price is the price

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Bobby Deluxe posted:

"If you think character doesn't matter, you weren't there on the doosteps where we thoroughly and repeatedly assassinated Corbyn's."

Check out my terrible crustpunk Dead Kennedys cover-band, Assassinated Corbyn's