Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Brexit means Brexit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

'ave you got a loight, buh?

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Email I received this morning from the data breach people:

quote:

Dear Mr Dead Goon

We write with an update in relation to your Labour Party data breach claim.

Further to our last update we are still waiting to hear from the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) regarding our report that Labour failed to respond to a number of you who made subject access requests; it is unfortunately usual for the ICO to take some time to deal with such complaints and we continue to chase.

In the meantime we are now in correspondence with solicitors for the Labour Party and their two agents, Blackbaud & Tangent regarding both data breaches and have sought the opinion of a cyber expert as to the cause of both cyber attacks and whether any of your data may have appeared online or been sold on.

We intend to ask a number of you to make subject access requests to Blackbaud and Tangent shortly in an effort to obtain more information from them and will be in touch with those individuals directly.

We expect to provide a further update in early April.

[Snipe edit] More than 26 email addresses and other such personal information was leaked by the Labour Party because they are useless.

Dead Goon fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Mar 8, 2022

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Is the watery bit in the middle of Northern Ireland a lake or something boring like that, or is it an actual hole on the island and a magical underground spring keeps it topped up with water from the Irish Sea?

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Dabir posted:

I don't get it, who is that?

Gonna assume it's Pierre Orsini.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Priti Patel is one of those people you see videos just talking normally and she just seems nice, and then you read about literally any policy she's written or voted for and the act becomes so much more chilling.

It'd almost be more reassuring if she was a swivel-eyed lunatic like Thatcher but the disconnect between her beliefs and how she comes across is like the reveal moment in a horror film.

She always has a kind of smirking snarl whenever I see pictures of her, preparing to bite a baby's head off.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

It's "crown of poo poo" Cash changed.

For fucks sake.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

The local Facebook groups have been full of fuel panic posts for the last 4-5 days. The local Facebook groups are also full of loving idiots.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Unkempt posted:

new monkey island, I'm celebrating the small victories today.

For reals.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

1965917 posted:

Boris is the unflushable turd.

He could poo poo in the queens cornflakes and 40% of this cursed island would still back him.

"Labour would have poo poo even more!"

Boris legend shat in the queen's cornflakes, lol, he's a lad i'nt 'e?!?!

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Porridge is never on Dave, it's on UKTV Gold.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Not sure what channel it is on (Yesterday - maybe?) but I have seen it quite recently (like in the last few weeks) and I don't have UKTV Gold.

Ed: Yesterday:

https://yesterday.uktv.co.uk/shows/porridge/

Yeah, Yesterday tends to show them in the evening.

Watch Last of the Summer Wine and Porridge in the morning, afternoon and early evening on Gold (the same 2-3 episodes of each, repeated) and then watch different episodes at night on Yesterday.

[Edit] Actually, that's not quite correct. The early evening Gold episodes are different, because they become the morning and afternoon episodes for the next day.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

WhatEvil posted:

All this talk of old sitcoms got me thinking about Open All Hours and how they did that revival Still Open All Hours where Granville (David Jason) had taken over the shop.

I had no idea it had run for six seasons, I just thought it was a one-off 6-episode run.

Was that any good?

Not great, not terrible.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

I was reading something on Reddit (I know, I know) yesterday and a person, presumably from Rwanda was very upset that the only thing people know about the country is the horrific genocide. Oh, and someone else was saying a authoritarian police state isn't that bad.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

No one did this, so I had to.

Nice tat, Mebh.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

I think all these people with a strong desire to beat children should be reported to the authorities.

You wouldn't beat a car, now, would you?

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

TACD posted:

We ordered a printer off Amazon and they emailed us a “password” to give the delivery person when they arrive 😂. Like we’ve got to engage in some embarrassing spy noir cosplay because our home address (where we’ve had more expensive stuff than a fairly cheap printer sent) isn’t a solid enough verification that it’s really us buying it??

They did the same when I ordered a new monitor from them, and I was very glad. At least it would mean that when they went to the first building they found with a number 5 on it, they wouldn't have the password, and it wouldn't get delivered. I do put in my delivery notes "I DO NOT LIVE IN A FLAT" but that doesn't seem very effective.

They chose this delivery to find my house for a change, so it all worked out.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

crispix posted:

is anyone in thread actually going to hold their nose and vote labour next general election? :/

Nope.

Spoilt ballot, most likely.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Mebh posted:

What are the symptoms of long blair? Campbelism?

Yeah, you start eating soup until you are sweating cream of mushroom.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Just finished the first chapter of that Kieth Starmer book and wow, I disliked him before, but a seething hatred is now forming.

Hold your nose and vote Labour apologists can get in the loving sea.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Chapter 2 of the book now, seems that John McDonnell was poo poo too.

Tune in next time for more "Dead Goon can read a book" updates soon.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

It's like reading a book and then watching the film adaptation, and the film character is nothing like the person you have created in your head.

I refuse to believe that the actor real life human being Kieth doesn't sound like crispix's wonderful prose.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Angela Rippon and Tom Coyne?

Probably.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Was expecting jam and cream on a pasty.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

OwlFancier posted:

And also if he had something wrong with his brain that made him just repeat the same thing over and over in response to questions lol.

I had to double check the timeline to make sure it wasn't a really short clip looping.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Partykurfuffle

Beerfracas

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

His fingers looked like that yonks ago, aren't there any new photos of Charles's (Charles' ?) fingers?

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

OwlFancier posted:

An Irish Divorce sounds like a euphemism for something, answers on a postcard.

Striking someone's ankle with an axe?

When it's all over, their foot is separated from their leg!

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Twisto is Jago Hazard and / or Geoff Marshall, confirm / deny!

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Is Countdown still going?

Couldn't they make more shows, like, a lot more shows to keep her really busy?

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDKQliH1awY

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

I am 42 Josef.

What I hate about Totally Top Hits of the 80s on the lovely local radio is that there's never any Slayer.

Even Metallica were good during the 80s.

Tears for Fears are great, though.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

sinky posted:

If you have ublock you can do

code:
forums.somethingawful.com##.postbody > .bbc-block:-abp-contains(A_USERNAME)
and you won't see quotes either :science:

Holy poo poo, I love you :D

[edit] not sure if this actually works, can still see quotes from the million people I now have in my ignore list.

All it did was hide your quotes when I quoted you,

Dead Goon fucked around with this message at 11:58 on May 22, 2022

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

sinky posted:

What fuctifino said, you need to put a username in the brackets. And create a new rule for each user.

Hopefully you aren't the goon that ignored so many users it slowed the forum down.

Ah, I see.

I did briefly think, and then I stopped.

Thanks.

P.S. I have a million users on my ignore list in much the same way we now have an extra 350 million quid a week from Brexiting.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Marmaduke! posted:

From da war thread:

https://twitter.com/SamRamani2/status/1529571493902008321?t=T5m0xYK4heq9XAPTtfeCkw&s=19

Still probably more reliable than what our media says

Eat the rich.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Spit roast?

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Don't sneak on to the causeway without paying, how will they afford to feed the giants if everyone does it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

I've told this story before I'm, sure, but when I used to play cricket for my local village team, we used to play against a team called the Wisbech Old Grammarians.

Yes.