Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

:cry: :cry: :cry:

torygraph/business/2022/03/07/britains-private-schools-face-funding-shortfall-sanctions-wealthy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

goddamnedtwisto posted:

https://twitter.com/LOS_Fisher/status/1500786978585038851/photo/1

A lot of people claiming this is anti-BDS legislation and they're half-right - it's a law meant to stop people from divesting in apartheid-era South Africa.

how many times can i become the joker

it just keeps happening

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
if i see pigs harassing someone on the street in london am i allowed to film it? will they come and confiscate my phone and/or try to get me in legal trouble as well

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

If Government is serious about human rights and tackling #ClimateEmergency,

ahahhahhahaahahhahaahhaha

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/Hector_E_Alcala/status/1510270601969160200

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
a lotta americna boomer and gen x libs love to cry at that one scene in west wing thst uses hallelujah and its kinda ruined the song for me

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
ok i know that american political cartoons are always way too over-labelled and over-explained but what is goin gon in this one

why is the cop screaming porridge? whta

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Borrovan posted:

It's (old) slang for prison

weird. is it like a rhyming slang thing or ...?

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
gently caress it’s so nice out

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
are they as nonce-ey as german greens

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
also i just discovered my grill tank is low and every single store is sold out of refills

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

smellmycheese posted:

Say what you like about the Tories. They might be a bunch of despicable Cunts but they are a gift to comedy

what does oklahoma have to do with uk politics

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
what’s the tractor version of killdozer

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
the back yard adjacent to my apartment is pretty much abandoned and there are clearly foxes living there, i’ve seen one coming around that’s clearly injured or sick or something - if i call animal control will they try to help it at all or just come put it down?

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Borrovan posted:

every lib dem party member I have known very strongly identifies as a lib dem & also has no knowledge whatsoever of actual lib dem policies, i always put it more down to a cult mentality. Being a lib dem is a social identity for middle class people who want to pat themselves on the back about how sensible & right-thinking they are, basically, so they all put up signs to make sure everyone else knows it too, is my theory

However, having looked up how many lib dem candidates there are in my ward & the next one over, I have another theory for why I have seen that exact number of signs in each

so they're american democrats?

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
can someone explain a stormont thing to me: saw this in an indy article: "with the DUP refusing to re-enter a devolved government in protest"

didnt SF win a majority there? who loving cares if DUP doesnt want to go to work?

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

feedmegin posted:

There is a Whole Thing iirc whereby basically both sides of the divide explicitly under normal circumstances form a coalition government - having either side be the entire whole government would be, uhhhh, bad optics for various reasons. Also, Sinn Fein having the most seats (as they do) does not mean they have a majority. There are 90 seats, they have 27, they can't form a government on their own.

ok but like, what defines "both sides"? liek every elected party has to take a seat or there's no government?

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Lungboy posted:

There are 3 sides in NI, Unionist, Nationalist and Other (cross-community parties). To form a government there must be a representative from the largest Unionist party and the largest Nationalist party. The rules were seemingly written under the impression that you'd never get a wrecker party acting in bad faith.

before this was there a different biggest nationalist party than SF?

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
love it when the egates never fuckin work

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
i really hope that shitabout reintroducing imperial units and getting rid of metric is true cause this dumb loving country deserves that king of dumb useless poo poo.