Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gambrinus
Mar 1, 2005

keep punching joe posted:

I've just found an insanely detailed Neighbours website with full scene by scene episode guide for every season, and surpsingly active fan forum. So that's how I will be skiving from work today.

You can't leave us hanging! Share the link.

I fancied Annaliese like mad when I was about 15. No idea what happend to her after Neighbours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gambrinus
Mar 1, 2005

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

Basically every Aussie actor you name did either Neighbours or Home And Away. It's like Australian Actor National Service.

Exactly the same in Aotearoa. Every New Zealand actor ever has been in Shortland Street.

Gambrinus
Mar 1, 2005

keep punching joe posted:

Enjoy yourself

http://www.neighboursepisodes.com/

Still can't believe the problematic age gap marriage between Annalise and Lou.
Brilliant. That's this afternoon sorted out.

Gambrinus
Mar 1, 2005
A month or so ago I booked a train ticket via one of the split ticketing websites.

I got an email last week saying that the first train (0908 from Hengoed to Cardiff Central) has been cancelled or no longer exists.

My journey is to Hull (and back, arf). I have a ticket booked on the 0956 from Cardiff to Manchester.

My question is, can I take the earlier 0855 train from Hengoed to Cardiff, despite my ticket being for the 0908, which no longer exists?

Transport from Wales haven't answered my email which I sent over a week ago. I don't have a Facebook or Twitter account. There is nothing on the Transport for Wales website that is helpful. This is the sort of thing I hate ringing up about, as it will take ages to sort out, involve repeatedly mishearing a booking reference number, and multiple attempts to spell my name. Also, using phone for something that should be done by email winds me right up when people do it to me in work.

Although if I haven't heard anything by lunchtime tomorrow, I'll give them a ring. I figure someone here will probably know though.

Thanks.

Gambrinus
Mar 1, 2005

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Transport for Wales. It says you can use a later train but that is no use to you.
I would print out the email you received, take the earlier train, the guard or 'Revenue Protection Officer' will most likely be sympathetic (if they even notice).
That said, the cost of Hengoed to Cardiff is £5 so if they do charge you, it should only be that much anyway and you can claim compo later.

Got the 0855 and no-one cared.

Now on the Cardiff to Manchester train, which may be the worst long distance journey in the UK. Three glorified dog boxes jammed together.

Still, there's always some nice knackered old trains to look at around Crewe.

Gambrinus
Mar 1, 2005
I hope Graham Linehan gets his Twitter account back, and everyone else gets banned.

Gambrinus
Mar 1, 2005
I've just booked flights to Belfast in June. Been meaning to go for years. Where's good and is there anywhere I absolutely should not go?

Being on this website obviously I'm of a certain age and just associate Belfast with bombs, kneecappings, and gruff men being interviewed in shadow. I'm sure there's more to it than that though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gambrinus
Mar 1, 2005
Belfast chat: thanks for all the advice.

I like a Botanic garden so will deffo have a look at that. Black cab tour of the murals and whatnot sounds interesting but also a bit insensitive, don't know if I'm overthinking it...

I did think of having a jog round Loch Neagh but I've just checked and it's substantially larger than I thought, but will go and have a look at it anyway.