Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

i know

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
is using a mental trick to avoid thinking about responsibilities considered self care

4lokos basilisk
Jul 17, 2008

going to be on call this weekend

Pardot
Jul 25, 2001

Penisface posted:

going to be on call this weekend

same

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

TGIF! :razz:

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

kiwis cannot be trusted, dont believe his lies

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

i ordered little jones his own sleeping bag. gonna have a back yard campout soon! but it'll need to wait until it warms up again since we have a cool spell coming

AlbertFlasher
Feb 14, 2006

Hulk Hogan and the Wrestling Boot Band

Achmed Jones posted:

i ordered little jones his own sleeping bag. gonna have a back yard campout soon! but it'll need to wait until it warms up again since we have a cool spell coming

:3: awesome! I remember doing that going up.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
imagine if your name was flean

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

I’m fleaning towards a name change

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

rotor posted:

kiwis cannot be trusted, dont believe his lies

hes right.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

gently caress you

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

:chord:

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

current weekend Friday night status: sister is pouring whiskey down my gullet and we are jamming and I am posting for my buddies in yospos.

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

i couldn't find my peach juice, so i'll be drinking my grey goose with seltzer

but hey, it's the weekend

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctjOKI-2vNg

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
i yearn for the days when I had friends you’d hang out with during the day and then also drinking with in the evening

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

how’s everyones weekend going so far

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

elden ring finally downloaded so i played maybe 40 minutes?

I spent like 20 - 30 minutes creeping around the place scared of everything, then a guard finally notices me and I fend him off muuuch easier. the game is a hell of a lot easier when you have played Bloodborne, apparently

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

I lied, i'm going to go to the urban zoo to buy some poo poo to put on my new coffee table instead of going to the zoo with the majestic animals.

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

I'm going trap shooting this afternoon

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

alexandriao posted:

elden ring finally downloaded so i played maybe 40 minutes?

I spent like 20 - 30 minutes creeping around the place scared of everything, then a guard finally notices me and I fend him off muuuch easier. the game is a hell of a lot easier when you have played Bloodborne, apparently

i have started playing this. I think I "get it" but man I am spending a lot of time just running around

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

echinopsis posted:

i have started playing this. I think I "get it" but man I am spending a lot of time just running around

Yeah I know theres a hugerier boss and two or more huge horse dudes but my choice of dex early on gave me a tiny loving sword thats barely longer than my arm. so like im incredibly efficient at killing in the small but the horse dudes i got no chance with, and absolutely zero idea how to level up or where i need to be going. im gonna have to find a fuckin guide or something because ????

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

i go into a fight with a horse dude and I only do papercuts. But swordmen (except for the unexpectedly agile polearm guy with the large shield. gently caress him) are effortlessly dispatched :confused:

I feel like previous fromsoft games had better damage scaling tbh

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

some friends came over with their kids for lunch and it was very nice. we had pizza. leftovers for dinner and we're watching kiki's delivery service (tv while we eat is a special sort of thing which does not sound exciting when i type it but is kind of a big deal for little jones)

tomorrow we'll probably walk to the hardware store if it's not too cold/windy

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

alexandriao posted:

i go into a fight with a horse dude and I only do papercuts. But swordmen (except for the unexpectedly agile polearm guy with the large shield. gently caress him) are effortlessly dispatched :confused:

if that’s who I think then yeah horse man is hard and I went around him

the world in this game is so unearthly it’s quite amazing. and there’s a lot I want to like about this game, but I do hope it’s more than just running around killing things

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Achmed Jones posted:

some friends came over with their kids for lunch and it was very nice. we had pizza. leftovers for dinner and we're watching kiki's delivery service (tv while we eat is a special sort of thing which does not sound exciting when i type it but is kind of a big deal for little jones)

tomorrow we'll probably walk to the hardware store if it's not too cold/windy

i made some pizza last night, turned out good

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

alexandriao posted:

i’ve been playing more now. I think i get it, but I am
not very good at it, i’m running around most enemies lol. I need to scale a but. getting torrent is going to make it better for exploring too

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
good morning and happy sunday

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
Posting in the real weekend thread; other one is an impostor.

I finished gearing up a healer in my game because the only healers we have in our guild are two very nice women that get stressed when we die on our lovely glass cannons, so im gonna help them out.

Now i'm starting a big ole pot of turkey chili for the IRL side.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

sounds good jonny. we watched a movie and now im drinking some cold milk after exercising

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

I saw The Highlander for the first time.

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.

Silver Alicorn posted:

I saw The Highlander for the first time.

hell yes

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

it was alright. I expected more than 20 minutes of sean connery

AlbertFlasher
Feb 14, 2006

Hulk Hogan and the Wrestling Boot Band
New fridge install went fine. Everything seems to be working. I hope it lasts 25 years like the previous one.

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

echinopsis posted:

if that’s who I think then yeah horse man is hard and I went around him

the world in this game is so unearthly it’s quite amazing. and there’s a lot I want to like about this game, but I do hope it’s more than just running around killing things

echinopsis posted:

i’ve been playing more now. I think i get it, but I am
not very good at it, i’m running around most enemies lol. I need to scale a but. getting torrent is going to make it better for exploring too

Yeah, I realised on the map that it's trying to lead me to the boss in the fort thingy, but I've not been able to defeat the super paladin guy with the huge fuckin shield yet so :shrug: The enemies in the other directions are way, way more effort to kill so maybe I should just go for it :( I'v already stumbled on several other huge fuckin bosses including a dragon, just by being haphazard and refusing to take the highlighted path lmao

I've been able to figure out how to use the bow and arrow, finally. Which has made it a bit easier to just target a single enemy and draw them out to deal with them

Protip: you can hit L1/L2 to attack on the left side when you're on Torrent, and I'd honestly recc upgrading stats asap id you haven't

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
yeah I need to level up, I die instantly basically if I attack anyone that’s not a boring man walking around

the stripped back nature is a treat after playing games like rear end creed that basically hand everything to you

the world in this game is like nothing else I’ve played. the scale of things is incredible

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

im posting in the weekend thread at 00:45 on Monday :laugh:

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
moo cow yeah i didn’t watch a lot of cricket but shane warnes death was a shock

I didn’t really realise how much of an impact he had, but he was an incredible bowler. and I kinda liked that he was a waster off the field because that’s how I’d like to imagine myself to be

rip
to a
legend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

idk who that is and idk anything about cricket