Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AgentHaiTo
Feb 7, 2003

Well, isn't this a coincidence? So, um, how you doing? You're busy, I know and I don't want to distract you, please, don't let me interrupt you.

Marshal Prolapse posted:

Kasparov (and I apologize if you knew this already) is a major spokesman for Russian Democracy and hates Putin with a goddamn passion (and rightfully so). So actually a great guy to have on.

Awesome on setting it up in the office. Please let us know how people react! Funny enough the first time I noticed India Today was sitting next to a dude on a train and I was thinking, "what is this crazy news?" Well I found out eventually.

Interesting, I didn't know that about Kasparov.

So far, introduced a couple of co-workers to India Today already :) Gonna just leave it on 24/7 unless someone complains. I have the volume real low and captioning on so it's not so intrusive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

AgentHaiTo posted:

Interesting, I didn't know that about Kasparov.

So far, introduced a couple of co-workers to India Today already :) Gonna just leave it on 24/7 unless someone complains. I have the volume real low and captioning on so it's not so intrusive.

So by low volume you mean what would be CNN at normal volume, right? ;)

Yep, Kasparov been firmly committed to advocate for Russian to be an open society with transparency and corruption free government for a while now.

You know they’re back at the war room and I have to be honest I was kind of wondering if I’ve ever chatted with any of these guys on Twitter. I’ve actually come across a few retired admirals generals and air marshals on Twitter and they’re always cool for a discussion on Indian defense policy and generally nice dudes along with casual followers too. I had a really good discussion on Indian submarine development about me feeling they need to expand for a larger nuclear powered force than to keep getting diesels. I got a lot of interesting information from the Indian side of things about Indian naval development.

Also for fun follow a bunch of Indian defense officials policymakers and news channels and check your Twitter l late night eastern standard time. It just lights up with Indian news coverage because of what time it is locally.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
You know mad respect to India Today for their discussion of the Holocaust in Ukraine. Well done, respectful, and good use of images from the US Holocaust museum. It’s part of a segment discussing the previous occupation of the Ukraine in World War II. Honestly like I said very surprised to see this, but also very happy to see this coverage.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

They have started playing this cartoon now

https://youtu.be/vvihQZZEiyU

I have no idea what the gently caress is going on lol

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
I think INDIA TODAY might be the only news I trust.

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012
ihor didneko is a hero

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012
*zooms in on some bullet casing by a burnt out transport*
"medicine for russians"
*pans around to empty ammo boxes*
"medicine boxes"

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

That piece on cluster bombs was an informative as it was terrifying and hilarious.

“Blowing up civilians, including small children, who are drawn to the bright colors many years later”

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Corn Glizzy posted:

That piece on cluster bombs was an informative as it was terrifying and hilarious.

“Blowing up civilians, including small children, who are drawn to the bright colors many years later”

My supervisor watched that with me and he recounted an Iraq (1990s) war story about a marine in his platoon kicking one because he thought it was a ball.

Luckily he only lost his foot.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

MarcusSA posted:

My supervisor watched that with me and he recounted an Iraq (1990s) war story about a marine in his platoon kicking one because he thought it was a ball.

Luckily he only lost his foot.

Holy poo poo, poor dude. One would think there’d be at least a PowerPoint on how cluster bombs look for people who are actively going to see them.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

AgentHaiTo posted:

That man's mustache is glorious!

India is the land of glorious facial hair.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Booty Pageant posted:

*zooms in on some bullet casing by a burnt out transport*
"medicine for russians"
*pans around to empty ammo boxes*
"medicine boxes"

:drat:

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

India is the land of glorious facial hair.

Honestly, India is one of the few places that someone can get away with hair styles that may have peaked with British Officer Corps in the first half of the 20th century...and still look make it look awesome.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Okay this special bonus content on Putin’s walking style is pretty interesting.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf
Out of all their IN YOUR FACE insanity I'm not sure why this in particular made me question wtf they are thinking but...

why the hell do you have the camera shooting the reporter with a view THROUGH a tree? is the camera propped up in the tree itself? who knows

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
maybe it looked kinda like a cow

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010
very artistic, such aesthetics

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Based on the colorscheme I have to assume this is India Today, and the payoff is pretty great.

https://twitter.com/skbozphd/status/1499298691156705282

e: ah no this appears to be a competing, shouting, English language Indian news channel TIMES NOW - https://twitter.com/TimesNow

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

EL BROMANCE posted:

Based on the colorscheme I have to assume this is India Today, and the payoff is pretty great.

https://twitter.com/skbozphd/status/1499298691156705282

e: ah no this appears to be a competing, shouting, English language Indian news channel TIMES NOW - https://twitter.com/TimesNow

Its the wish version of India today.

Accept no substitutes.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

MarcusSA posted:

Its the wish version of India today.

Accept no substitutes.

Yeah another one is called Republic, that no surprise, isn’t fit to shine Shiv Aroor’s shoes.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
H2H guys stop having the ghoul from Sputnik International on there.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Holy poo poo. I switched over and found out Shane Warne is dead.

This is the only appropriate channel to break me this horrible news.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Captain Beans posted:

Out of all their IN YOUR FACE insanity I'm not sure why this in particular made me question wtf they are thinking but...

why the hell do you have the camera shooting the reporter with a view THROUGH a tree? is the camera propped up in the tree itself? who knows

every frame a painting

AgentHaiTo
Feb 7, 2003

Well, isn't this a coincidence? So, um, how you doing? You're busy, I know and I don't want to distract you, please, don't let me interrupt you.

Raged posted:

Holy poo poo. I switched over and found out Shane Warne is dead.

This is the only appropriate channel to break me this horrible news.

This channel is so bipolar. I also learned Alia likes men's perfumes.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

AgentHaiTo posted:

This channel is so bipolar. I also learned Alia likes men's perfumes.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

It's completely no-fucks-given balls-out nuts! Indian media is just *impossible* to match for batshit bombastic presentation. They adore it. gently caress, I adore it!

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

holy poo poo, it's like some fake tv channel in videogame.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

LifeSunDeath posted:

That is a goddamn astute observation.

Also like the news in a Paul Verhoeven movie.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

LifeSunDeath posted:

*static from changing the channel*

“The hand of nod continues to gain ground as its forces under Kane oppose the GDI-

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Alan Smithee posted:

*static from changing the channel*

“The hand of nod continues to gain ground as its forces under Kane oppose the GDI-

*desire to Hell March intensifies*

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Mods pls change my name to BIG WAR KILL CLAIMS

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

N plants

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Why does this young Indian man have toilet paper wrapped around his AK?

He stayed to join the fight.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

MarcusSA posted:

Also that magazine looks weird as hell, but music is bumping though in that segment.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Marshal Prolapse posted:

Also that magazine looks weird as hell, but music is bumping though in that segment.

Yeah there was a lot going on there. I just can’t get over the wrapping.

I don’t get it.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

MarcusSA posted:

did they interview some rando in the woods with a mummified AK?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

LifeSunDeath posted:

did they interview some rando in the woods with a mummified AK?

No he was an Indian student who stayed behind.

Like the only one of the 20k that were there lol

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

MarcusSA posted:

No he was an Indian student who stayed behind.

Like the only one of the 20k that were there lol

dude failed out of premed and he CANNOT go back home now. his only option is to take over russia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Worked for Assad, medic types are the best brutal tyrants. I don't think he even failed