Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Fornax Disaster posted:

Bumpers are rechromed originals.

i never noticed how much better that rear end looks with the trunk taking up the whole rear, and without the tail lights sticking up like the 69 chevelle. that whole trunk/lights/bumper tail area is very nicely designed. is the trunk lid wider, or do the rear quarters scrunch in further at the top?

Seat Safety Switch posted:

That's a gorgeous blue.

seconded

i want to find a color that's dark like that, but red. the burgundy from around that time is close

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Fornax Disaster posted:

It's a perspective thing, the trunk lid is pretty much the same width back to front. This was a single model year design, the 69 has larger vertical lights. I am little uncomfortable with how low, small and dim the tailights are, I have been thinking I might want to come up with some sort of slim led centre brake light I could put in the back window. Suggestions are welcome.

According to the cowl tag the original colour of the convertible was burgundy, but from the photos I am seeing it was a bit dull. It would have looked like this one but with a white interior -

https://www.barrett-jackson.com/Events/Event/Details/1969-OLDSMOBILE-442-CONVERTIBLE-186957

sorry, my description was kind of unclear. i meant that the trunk lid is pretty much the full width of the back of the car. there isnt much "bezel" around it, compared to a normal A-body like a chevelle, so i wonder if the trunk is wider or if the tops (like, towards the sky, not towards the front of the car) of the rear quarters are narrower.

e: looking at these pics it looks like the trunk lid is indeed wider

68 chevelle for reference

its a good look

personally i really like the thin tail lights. they look nicely integrated with the design, rather than slapped on like the 69 or 70. unobtrusive. imo just put some bright-rear end LEDs in there if you're worried about being seen, though the idea of a stealth CHMSL is kind of neat

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
That is coming along very nicely. Looks real good!

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Fornax Disaster posted:

Interior time.

I haven't been posting these updates in real time, I am still not caught up to where the project currently is. These pictures are from last October through to January. I wouldn't want to create any false impressions about how fast I work!

my chevelle has been untouched since december 2020, if that helps put things into perspective

looks good, and its p cool that you can use so much of the original stuff

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
man, even the dash looks cooler than the two-pod chevelle one. led bulbs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
why go to 2.73:1? that sounds like a pretty undesirable ratio. what ratio is in your other axle?