Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

what was actually supposed to be the problem with living in a virtual world. You still get to live a life and the 'real world' was a blasted hellscape anyway right so who cares. It's not like the other people in the Matrix are fake. Except Agent Smith but he was still a guy. just a dickhead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FuJpalsj9sQ

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

the problem is that once you discover you're living in a light up jizz coccoon, it's hard to go back to living in the jizz coccoon. although if you watch the newest matrix movie you discover that's exactly what neo and trinity chose to do lol

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

the ultimate sacrifice

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

Hell Yeah posted:

the problem is that once you discover you're living in a light up jizz coccoon, it's hard to go back to living in the jizz coccoon.

speak for yourself

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
The Matrix is a metaphor for late stage capitalism. You're comfortable but at the cost of being little more than a commodity and if you get too uppity you're disappeared.

Greg of Doom
Dec 22, 2021

by sebmojo
The movie that co-opted and whitewashed wire-work.

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
The point is that in 1999 pretty much anything was preferable to being a 30-something cubicle worker and they dreamed of living in a hellworld eating gruel to survive.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Watching the matrix made me the man I am today, op.

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

so you're saying I should avoid it?

runnypoops
Mar 26, 2016

been there. done that. prove yourself to me.
I think its about humans having to suck off robots for energy or something? Anyway 5 stars

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Now listen to me children and I'll tell you of the legend of the Ninja
Watch the movie, it's actually pretty good.

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
Watch it for fashion tips

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I've always wondered why Trinity wore that skin tight leather/latex suit while she was doing a Matrix run it seems like that would restrict her movement you'd think she'd want like sweat pants and a hoodie or like a karate uniform to look tough or just go full nude if she wanted to be sexy and keep range of motion. The whole 'wrap me as tight as possible in bondage gear that really makes it hard for me to move, great thanks' just didn't make a lot of sense to me. Then again I'm not a cybernet action ninja woman doing kung fu flips in a virtual world against renegade computer office workers.

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 21 days!)

it was the 90's and being a comfortable middle class american was the worst possible fate.

once you realise the world is fake, you get superpowers. that's even worse, though.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
People in the 90s were loving whiners imo.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
It's mostly a metaphor for a lot of poo poo, OP and very fun.

You have to at least partly accept what the movie tells you which is that a small percentage of people just don't accept the matrix fully on a fundamental level

Sequels do other things with this but the first movie is pretty loving great on it's own anyway

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010
The new Matrix movie answers all your questions and more, it was the perfect way to end the saga

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

I've only seen a trailer for new matrix and it seems like it's got some hosed up messages that definitely won't harm public at large. If you think you're in the matrix please take the pills your doctor prescribes, flushing them down the toilet doesn't make you some kinda badass resistance fighter, just an unmedicated schizophrenic

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010
You can also lie to your doctor to get him to prescribe you the good poo poo

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Colonel Cancer posted:

I've only seen a trailer for new matrix and it seems like it's got some hosed up messages that definitely won't harm public at large. If you think you're in the matrix please take the pills your doctor prescribes, flushing them down the toilet doesn't make you some kinda badass resistance fighter, just an unmedicated schizophrenic

There's something to this but lol at judging the movie from the way a trailer is cut

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

The Bloop posted:

There's something to this but lol at judging the movie from the way a trailer is cut

This goon ain't got time for no movies, trailer and synopsis are enough

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Now listen to me children and I'll tell you of the legend of the Ninja
Unfortunately, nobody can be told what the matrix is, OP.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Just watch Tron 2 op

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010

Colonel Cancer posted:

Just watch Tron 2 op

Seen the trailer, it was not terrible but not great either.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Do they shave all the pod people every day? Neo isn't bald. His hair grows back almost immediately after he's let out of his pod but he's smooth bald in the pod which means his head was shaved that day.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Yeah there's a robot. By the way all that jizz in the pod is organic and cums from the human

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

Colonel Cancer posted:

Just watch Tron 2 op
a movie so bad they had to crank the music all the way up to keep people awake

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Do they shave all the pod people every day? Neo isn't bald. His hair grows back almost immediately after he's let out of his pod but he's smooth bald in the pod which means his head was shaved that day.

the jizz cocoon keeps them smooth as a porcelain :heysexy:

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

The Alchemist posted:

the jizz cocoon keeps them smooth as a porcelain :heysexy:

That doesn't make any sense. Jizz doesn't make your hair fall out.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Gazpacho posted:

The music slaps and they don't try to be deep it's all about imagining what happens to you're computer when you send a file in the recycle bin

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Funky See Funky Do posted:

That doesn't make any sense. Jizz doesn't make your hair fall out.

Maybe yours doesn't, thin jizz.

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

NairPods

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Gazpacho posted:

I'm not fully blaming the movie because I had a lot going on at the time, but it's the only movie I've ever fallen asleep during in the theater

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Narcolepsy is a serious problem I'd get that looked at

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Colonel Cancer posted:

Maybe yours doesn't, thin jizz.

Shut up! You don't know what you're talking about. My jizz is thick. As thick as milk! :mad:

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Colonel Cancer posted:

Narcolepsy is a serious problem I'd get that looked at

Fell asleep reading my post, did you?

thelizzerd
Nov 12, 2021
I didn't really find it that memorable of a movie. Ive only seen the first one. Watched it as a teenager because I wanted to get what people were talking about.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

StoryTime posted:

Unfortunately, nobody can be told what the matrix is, OP.

He says that, but then does tell neo and the audience exactly what it is and you're like 'ok I basically understand the concept' so I dunno why he says it can't be explained. He just did. Like if you walked up to someone who never heard of it could you give them a rough overview of the idea of the matrix based on the plot of the movies?

Yeah. Like this isn't some impossible ask, here, Morpheus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Big Beef City posted:

He says that, but then does tell neo and the audience exactly what it is and you're like 'ok I basically understand the concept' so I dunno why he says it can't be explained. He just did. Like if you walked up to someone who never heard of it could you give them a rough overview of the idea of the matrix based on the plot of the movies?

Yeah. Like this isn't some impossible ask, here, Morpheus.

If you tell someone what the Matrix is while inside the Matrix, the Matrix will know you have told someone inside the Matric what the Matrix is. And the Matrix will be very upset. And you don't want to upset the Matrix while you are inside of the Matrix.