Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

What if you just tell the matrix you don't give a poo poo that you know that it knows that you know and that you're fine knowing now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side
You think that's poop you're pooping?

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Now listen to me children and I'll tell you of the legend of the Ninja

Big Beef City posted:

He says that, but then does tell neo and the audience exactly what it is and you're like 'ok I basically understand the concept' so I dunno why he says it can't be explained. He just did. Like if you walked up to someone who never heard of it could you give them a rough overview of the idea of the matrix based on the plot of the movies?

Yeah. Like this isn't some impossible ask, here, Morpheus.

I think this is because Morpheus is a big fat drama queen, and only left the matrix because agent Smith bullied him about the massive gap between his upper front teeth.

Greg of Doom
Dec 22, 2021

by sebmojo

Big Beef City posted:

What if you just tell the matrix you don't give a poo poo that you know that it knows that you know and that you're fine knowing now

Seriously, If you end up in the Matrix just poo poo and piss everywhere. They'll get the hint.

Bula Vinaka posted:

You think that's poop you're pooping?

Simply eat a handfull of glitter the night before and youll know its yours.

ErrorInvalidUser
Aug 23, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

what was actually supposed to be the problem with living in a virtual world. You still get to live a life and the 'real world' was a blasted hellscape anyway right so who cares. It's not like the other people in the Matrix are fake. Except Agent Smith but he was still a guy. just a dickhead

to gamble and win big? the illusion of choice? i have no idea.

Greg of Doom
Dec 22, 2021

by sebmojo
I haven't seen it for a long time but Neo had a desk job and lived in the "normal" world, this is a world where he could quit his job and get another, get laid, get drunk, go on holidays, eat food etc, do whatever..

Or he could be a Matrix dude and fight in a war he doesn't really need to forever.

In conclusion, Neo is an idiot.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Greg of Doom posted:

I haven't seen it for a long time but Neo had a desk job and lived in the "normal" world, this is a world where he could quit his job and get another, get laid, get drunk, go on holidays, eat food etc, do whatever..

Or he could be a Matrix dude and fight in a war he doesn't really need to forever.

That was actually Jerry McMatrix, a Jerry Macguire and Matrix mashup, where neo is all like “I’m not gonna do what everyone thinks I’m gonna do, and just EAT THE RED PILL MAN.” And he keeps getting super hosed up on blue pills and coming into work all sweaty and bug-eyed and saying “goddamn this matrix is THE poo poo dawg!” with a loosened tie and feet on the desk. When trinity walks in he’s just like “hey I’m just gonna cut the poo poo here trinity, this doesn’t take 3 loving sequels to spit this out, SHOW ME YOUR POOOOSSAAAAYYYYYY!” and she’s all like “it took me half an hour to get these pants on” :colbert: and then neo says “I’m so drat tired of all these matrices” and rails like a whole chopped up blue pill off his desk. :argh:

je1 healthcare
Sep 29, 2015

Greg of Doom posted:

No you don't get it. Like his dickhead boss explained, in order to keep his well-paying job, Thomas Anderson had to show up on time, at his desk, like five days a week. Ugghhhh. And then Agent Smith described his life to him, a man who pays his taxes, doesn't get in trouble, and helps his elderly landlady take out her trash. THAT is how the film tells us he had a lameass life. He helps elderly people instead of being an internet superhero. I'm 16 and this hits every chord

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.

Big Beef City posted:

I've always wondered why Trinity wore that skin tight leather/latex suit while she was doing a Matrix run it seems like that would restrict her movement you'd think she'd want like sweat pants and a hoodie or like a karate uniform to look tough or just go full nude if she wanted to be sexy and keep range of motion. The whole 'wrap me as tight as possible in bondage gear that really makes it hard for me to move, great thanks' just didn't make a lot of sense to me. Then again I'm not a cybernet action ninja woman doing kung fu flips in a virtual world against renegade computer office workers.

she's sitting in a computer chair with a big plug jammed in the back of her neck, the clothes aren't real and don't restrict her karate movements at all

second life works the same way

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp

Big Beef City posted:

I've always wondered why Trinity wore that skin tight leather/latex suit while she was doing a Matrix run it seems like that would restrict her movement you'd think she'd want like sweat pants and a hoodie or like a karate uniform to look tough or just go full nude if she wanted to be sexy and keep range of motion. The whole 'wrap me as tight as possible in bondage gear that really makes it hard for me to move, great thanks' just didn't make a lot of sense to me. Then again I'm not a cybernet action ninja woman doing kung fu flips in a virtual world against renegade computer office workers.

The Wachowskis wanted to be hot goth ladies in skin tight leather outfits. That's why.

Sally Sprodgkin
May 23, 2007
so if im in the matrix and im having sex or whatever is it like a wet dream and when i cum im cumming all into the weird alien jizz im swimming in and it's like living in a bathtub full of my own cum or do i simply cum only in my brain? i dont know which one is worse

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp
Neo: Why do my balls hurt?

Morpheus: Because you've never used them before

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

lol at the americans so browbeaten by their awful lives that they earnestly want to live a 90s pastiche of soulless office drudgery.

Any messages for me Pam?

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Strategic Tea posted:

lol at the americans so browbeaten by their awful lives that they earnestly want to live a 90s pastiche of soulless office drudgery.

Any messages for me Pam?

Betty White says, "Go gently caress yourself."

Greg of Doom
Dec 22, 2021

by sebmojo

Strategic Tea posted:

Any messages for me Pam?

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

That was actually Jerry McMatrix, a Jerry Macguire and Matrix mashup, where neo is all like “I’m not gonna do what everyone thinks I’m gonna do, and just EAT THE RED PILL MAN.” And he keeps getting super hosed up on blue pills and coming into work all sweaty and bug-eyed and saying “goddamn this matrix is THE poo poo dawg!” with a loosened tie and feet on the desk. When trinity walks in he’s just like “hey I’m just gonna cut the poo poo here trinity, this doesn’t take 3 loving sequels to spit this out, SHOW ME YOUR POOOOSSAAAAYYYYYY!” and she’s all like “it took me half an hour to get these pants on” :colbert: and then neo says “I’m so drat tired of all these matrices” and rails like a whole chopped up blue pill off his desk. :argh:

Yeah we all saw the matrix 4, we’re trying to pretend it didn’t happen

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast

Greg of Doom posted:

The movie that co-opted and whitewashed wire-work.

umm wachowski is clearly a chinese surname

Stonehouse Beach
Feb 8, 2019

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

Shut up. Just shut up.

You had me at "whoa." You had me at "whoa."

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Stonehouse Beach posted:

Shut up. Just shut up.

You had me at "whoa." You had me at "whoa."

*gently caress yeah, jerry dumps a whole bottle of blue pills into break room blender with a head of cabbage and some kale*

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
The Matrix actually rules and is better than the movie that won best picture that year (American Beauty).

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Ad by Khad posted:

she's sitting in a computer chair with a big plug jammed in the back of her neck, the clothes aren't real and don't restrict her karate movements at all

second life works the same way

Neo dials up Tank on his cell phone: "Operator, I need you to give me a pair of quadruple-D tits and a 3 foot dong. They're holding Morpheus in The Yiff Zone, and we're gonna get him back!"

Sex Farm
Nov 17, 2017

"I know Kung Lao" - Liu "Neo" Kang

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast
everyone talking about being happy living in the matrix should read this really good book called 'the odyssey' there's a whole chapter about people who like living in the matrix

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
More like the GAYtrix if you ask me

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
Why watch a movie about The Matrix when you can watch one about John Matrix

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010
If you die in this thread, you die in real life

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Just watch "The Big Hit" (1998) instead, OP.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Just watch Johnny Mnemonic, it's practically the same movie!

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

matrix would have been better if the virtual world looked like tron

then every time keanu is in the real world he just keeps being blown away by how almost nothing is glowing

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

what was actually supposed to be the problem with living in a virtual world. You still get to live a life and the 'real world' was a blasted hellscape anyway right so who cares. It's not like the other people in the Matrix are fake. Except Agent Smith but he was still a guy. just a dickhead

The problem was that, idk, the machines did it TO us, and the machines are bad.

Though if you watch the expanded universe stuff, we were the real monsters and the machines were 1) kind of right to gently caress us up and 2) were nicer than we would've been to them if we won, since they still let us survive.

The setting kind of breaks down the more you focus on that stuff. If "The Matrix" ever happens for real, it will, 100%, be something we do to ourselves.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Nuts and Gum posted:

Yeah we all saw the matrix 4, we’re trying to pretend it didn’t happen

So it's just like Matrix 2 and 3, then.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Strategic Tea posted:

Any messages for me Pam?

Okay, whoa, whoa. That's uncalled for.

The Matrix isn't to blame for Neo's lovely, boring-rear end life. The Matrix is a very realistic simulation of the 90s, the good along with the bad. The version of it that tried to idealize or soften the actual human world didn't work. It's a sandbox game, not a guided experience.

Neo's the one who chose to become a computer-toucher who works in a boring office and spends his weekends as a "hacker" to try and feel cool.

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

fishing with the fam posted:

The Matrix actually rules and is better than the movie that won best picture that year (American Beauty).

Excuse me sir but I think you will find that The Cider House actually Rules

abortion lol

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

It's a sandbox game, not a guided experience.

Neo's the one who chose to become a computer-toucher who works in a boring office and spends his weekends as a "hacker" to try and feel cool.

This is hitting just a little too close for comfort for me, dog. I mean heh, let's just keep this about the movie and stuff ok? I mean, woah. Relax man.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Big Beef City posted:

This is hitting just a little too close for comfort for me, dog. I mean heh, let's just keep this about the movie and stuff ok? I mean, woah. Relax man.

Have you considered learning kung fu?

Just, you know, for a change of pace.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Have you considered learning kung fu?

Just, you know, for a change of pace.

Look just because I dream about wearing trench coats and sunglasses in the rain and I feel awkward at night clubs because I'm there to drop off a USB drive backup for my buddy Dave doesn't mean that, like, I'm... like...totally in The Matrix and capable of saving the world. Ok?

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

Okay, whoa, whoa. That's uncalled for.

The Matrix isn't to blame for Neo's lovely, boring-rear end life. The Matrix is a very realistic simulation of the 90s, the good along with the bad. The version of it that tried to idealize or soften the actual human world didn't work. It's a sandbox game, not a guided experience.

The thing about The Matrix is that modernity is itself a harmful fiction used to suppress and control billions of people to buy supposed total freedom for an elite few. The machines chose to replicate the 90s for their (v3) matrix because it was already a matrix that worked on humans.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
Or maybe because the movie was made in the late 1990s.

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
im gaytrix

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

if I was the matrix I would have cloned billions of dinosaurs in the cum pods and just had a giant dino planet and then they just would have had a bunch of cool rear end dinosaurs to check out and none of them would have bothered loving around and causing trouble because they're dinosaurs, what are they gonna do about it?
If they need to reset the matrix? Blammo. Meteor. New dinos. Next?