Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

Wait, do people really eat glitter to make their poop glittery? Is it dangerous or

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sex Farm
Nov 17, 2017

Just watch eXistenZ

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

does seem easier and safer but I'm having a hard time understanding how it will make my poop glitter

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Big Beef City posted:

Look just because I dream about wearing trench coats and sunglasses in the rain and I feel awkward at night clubs because I'm there to drop off a USB drive backup for my buddy Dave doesn't mean that, like, I'm... like...totally in The Matrix and capable of saving the world. Ok?

Would you like this NyQuil, or this DayQuil?

It really depends on how long you plan on staying up.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Flowers for QAnon posted:

Wait, do people really eat glitter to make their poop glittery? Is it dangerous or

What if I eat a glowstick whole could I poop out a glow-poop on command at a futuristic rave party in a cave while being attacked by squid-bots?

e: I've already eaten the glowstick. I need answers re: the other parts

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

First Matrix is great and even 2 and 3 are worth watching, they’re just not all time classics

Matrix 4 though yeesh. Geez. Man.

Yowza.

Stealthgerbil
Dec 16, 2004

the matrix references a ton of gnosticism. Its supposted to be some deep symbolistic wankfest.

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo
Matrix 1 is a must watch for its influence on cinema alone, 2 has some good ideas and excellent scenes but is utterly incomprehensible to watch, 3 is a mind numbingly boring sci-fi action flick on par with 2009's Avatar.

Matrix 4 exists because the Wachowskis wanted to spite Warner Bros who in turn wanted to spite you personally and is not actually a real movie. Still pretty good though, easily top 3.

The Animatrix is rad as gently caress. If you liked the Matrix but haven't seen the Animatrix, don't sit on it for 20 years like I did.

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo
Two also has the most gratuitous sex scene I've ever seen in a cinema.

Greg of Doom
Dec 22, 2021

by sebmojo
Roger Ebert saw the Matrix movie and look what happened to him.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

oldpainless posted:

First Matrix is great and even 2 and 3 are worth watching, they’re just not all time classics

Yowza.

2 and 3 were bad. The CGI bits looked awful even when it was new. That CGI Neo was incredibly obvious and fake. Yes, I saw 2 in theaters, yes, I went in expecting to like it ("but slightly less than the first one"), and yes, the action scenes felt so dragged out and pointless that I started getting bored. And that's without even touching the weird orgy and the orgasm cake (and the weak overall plot).

I'm sorry, but no, I really need to put my foot down when it comes to this trend of "In hindsight, things that were bad when I was younger were actually good, because as I look back I realize that I was younger and happier back then" nostalgia.

Blurry Gray Thing fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Mar 8, 2022

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
The noticably bad cgi in the Neo vs literally 100 Agents Smith fight is because Smith and Neo were both seriously loving with the code and the matrix was chugging. Lowering the poly count and frame rate was the only way to keep it from crashing.

Next time I will tell you about midichlorians

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo
The Matrix 2 and 3 is canonically an in world PS2 game.

je1 healthcare
Sep 29, 2015

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

2 and 3 were bad. The CGI bits looked awful even when it was new. That CGI Neo was incredibly obvious and fake. Yes, I saw 2 in theaters, yes, I went in expecting to like it ("but slightly less than the first one"), and yes, the action scenes felt so dragged out and pointless that I started getting bored. And that's without even touching the weird orgy and the orgasm cake (and the weak overall plot).

I'm sorry, but no, I really need to put my foot down when it comes to this trend of "In hindsight, things that were bad when I was younger were actually good, because as I look back I realize that I was younger and happier back then" nostalgia.

Nah, they were good.

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

Big Beef City posted:

What if I eat a glowstick whole could I poop out a glow-poop on command at a futuristic rave party in a cave while being attacked by squid-bots?

e: I've already eaten the glowstick. I need answers re: the other parts

Let me kno when you poop out the glowstick. I need to get a good look

ErrorInvalidUser
Aug 23, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

It really depends on how long you plan on staying up.

ErrorInvalidUser
Aug 23, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

oldpainless posted:

Yowza.

ErrorInvalidUser
Aug 23, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The Bloop posted:

Next time I will tell you about midichlorians

anxiously waiting

ErrorInvalidUser
Aug 23, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Flowers for QAnon posted:

Let me kno when you poop out the glowstick. I need to get a good look

Greg of Doom
Dec 22, 2021

by sebmojo
If I was in the Matrix I'd just stay in the capsule sipping on that free pink liquid all day

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

"I want womb service" - John Matrix (Neo)

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Greg of Doom posted:

If I was in the Matrix I'd just stay in the capsule sipping on that free pink liquid all day

Do you think it tastes like bubblegum? or salmon?

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Pepto bismol

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast
pepto epistimol

Vincent Valentine
Feb 28, 2006

Murdertime

Warner Brothers told the Wachowskis they were going to make a Matrix 4 and if the Wachowskis didn't come on board with the film they were just going to make someone else do it and so every single scene in that movie was pure spite. So Lana Wachowski made it to say "Okay fine sure I'll make another matrix movie, gonna make it exclusively to make a bunch of people really mad though, including you. but sure, i'll do it. gently caress you." and she did exactly that. It's great for the same reason Freddy Got Fingered was.

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo

Vincent Valentine posted:

Warner Brothers told the Wachowskis they were going to make a Matrix 4 and if the Wachowskis didn't come on board with the film they were just going to make someone else do it and so every single scene in that movie was pure spite. So Lana Wachowski made it to say "Okay fine sure I'll make another matrix movie, gonna make it exclusively to make a bunch of people really mad though, including you. but sure, i'll do it. gently caress you." and she did exactly that. It's great for the same reason Freddy Got Fingered was.

And for anyone who hasn't seen it, this is a mission statement that is directly read out loud by the characters in this film. Not quite word for word but; "We're only making the Matrix 4 because Warner Bros says we have to."

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

Mooey Cow posted:

The point is that in 1999 pretty much anything was preferable to being a 30-something cubicle worker and they dreamed of living in a hellworld eating gruel to survive.

99 was the best year that mankind had

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
The matrix was the film that made me truly appreciate what its like to be a man as a dog as a woman clad in sheer latex.
much like the wachowski's. I am certain.

Internet Old One
Dec 6, 2021

Coke Adds Life

roomtone posted:

it was the 90's and being a comfortable middle class american was the worst possible fate.

once you realise the world is fake, you get superpowers. that's even worse, though.

Yes this was also a theme in Fight Club. Thank god we finally had some wars and depressions and found purpose.

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

Internet Old One posted:

Yes this was also a theme in Fight Club. Thank god we finally had some wars and depressions and found purpose.

gen x are worse than boomers

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Poohs Packin posted:

Do you think it tastes like bubblegum? or salmon?

Yes

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Internet Old One posted:

Gen X in 1999: Don't trust the man, man.

Gen X in 2022: Blue Lives Matter. Trump 2024!

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Peggy Edson posted:

Never before in human history have young people been rebellious against the more elderly in society or gone against the social mores of the culture they are apart of only to eventually acquiesce and have the cycle repeat. I for one did not see it coming.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Peggy Edson posted:

I’m a late Gen X-er (1977) and I went the opposite. Leaned conservative when younger but I’m leftist as gently caress now.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Big Beef City posted:

Never before in human history have young people been rebellious against the more elderly in society or gone against the social mores of the culture they are apart of only to eventually acquiesce and have the cycle repeat. I for one did not see it coming.

indeed, it's a shocker

je1 healthcare
Sep 29, 2015

Vincent Valentine posted:

Yeah that was kind of crummy. The universe sets up a lot of interesting themes to explore, and the Animatrix had proven that other directors can tell compelling stories in that world, even with smaller stakes and minor characters. At one point Lana was okay with that relinquishing some creative control. At least Tom Green probably had a good time, but I'm not interested in paying money to hear rich people complain about their jobs.

je1 healthcare fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Mar 9, 2022

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

ErrorInvalidUser posted:

anxiously waiting

Midichlorians actually are useful measures of who is more force sensitive but the Jedi are wrong about the causal direction. Midichlorians being in your system don't give you access to the force, they are force parasites. The practical upshot being that people with more force to feed off of are indeed more attuned and make potential Jedi, so the basic comparison of power levels is still largely accurate.

The Jedi are shown to be unreliable narrators about a lot of things and their hubris has blinded them from the truth

je1 healthcare
Sep 29, 2015

The Bloop posted:

The Jedi are shown to be unreliable narrators about a lot of things and their hubris has blinded them from the truth

That's a cool premise, it's a shame George Lucas couldn't coherently tell it. Because (like the Wachowskis), he's an amazing technical director that can't write a script and needs people around him to keep his worst creative impulses in check.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

I’m a late Gen X-er (1977) and I went the opposite. Leaned conservative when younger but I’m leftist as gently caress now.

did u enter The Matrix and Rage Against The Machine? I hope so that would be rad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Big Beef City posted:

did u enter The Matrix and Rage Against The Machine? I hope so that would be rad

I’ve never entered a Matrix and I don’t plan on starting now