Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Inept posted:

i think you're ascribing a lot of vigor to shitposts that isn't there, big beef city

is this the first time you've seen a BBC post?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
I can't get enough of people getting mad at BBC lmao

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

Colonel Cancer posted:

I can't get enough [...] BBC

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

100% DOG LOVER
ALL DOGS LOVED, ALL THE TIME

WaryWarren posted:

I hope it hits $10/gallon, make the brodozers and SUV owners hurt.

actually my little 1000 kg coupe gets worse gas mileage than my big engine suv

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
Coincidentally the worst time to buy a car as well. I'm stoked for this next CRISIS

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

WaryWarren posted:

I hope it hits $10/gallon, make the brodozers and SUV owners hurt.

do you like food

because you don't want this if you like to eat food.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Wow I can’t believe Biden controls Canada’s gas prices too! TYRANNY!!!

His insidious tentacles writh and creep across the border to pull our own Canadian GAS PRICES UP lever. Real sick stuff.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Who needs food when you've got all this delicious guzzoline to guzzle

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

100% DOG LOVER

Colonel Cancer posted:

Who needs food when you've got all this delicious guzzoline to guzzle

luv to guzzle gasoline

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Time to get back to fracking the poo poo out of all those lousy plains states to make sure we coastal elites can gas up for under two fifty.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Zero VGS posted:

You know you can buy a used non-Tesla electric car for like $5000 and run an extension cord out your apartment window right?

People figured out that one weird trick. Have a new EV on order, doing some financial planning and got a Carvana quote on my 7 year old EV:

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

do you like food

because you don't want this if you like to eat food.

I'm off food.

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude

Three Olives posted:

People figured out that one weird trick. Have a new EV on order, doing some financial planning and got a Carvana quote on my 7 year old EV:

Every one of those is going to need a new gas generator if it has one, I think they might all have one. Terrifying car to drive.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

interwhat posted:

Every one of those is going to need a new gas generator if it has one, I think they might all have one. Terrifying car to drive.

Nope, they were offered with and without the range extender. I don't have one.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Three Olives posted:

of course you drive one of these

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

Three Olives posted:

BMW is back! In Pug form

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

when you beep the horn on that thing does it just make a cute little slide whistle noise or what

cardedagain
Aug 28, 2006

Stoatbringer posted:

It's £1.60/litre here in the UK, which works out at around $9.50/gallon.

So you've got it good.

do you drive an hour to work every day?

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Just lol if you have a gasoline/diesel engine larger than a 4 banger.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

100% DOG LOVER

You Are A Elf posted:

lol if you have pistons in your gasoline engine

vudan
Dec 11, 2010
Tesla is good now - gbs

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Big Beef City posted:

when you beep the horn on that thing does it just make a cute little slide whistle noise or what

You press it and it goes MEEEP MEEEP I COST $7.50 IN ELECTRICITY A MONTH IN TOTAL ELECTRICITY USAGE TO DRIVE TO WORK AND BACK EVERY DAY.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Sounds annoying

vudan
Dec 11, 2010

Three Olives posted:

You press it and it goes MEEEP MEEEP I COST $7.50 IN ELECTRICITY A MONTH IN TOTAL ELECTRICITY USAGE TO DRIVE TO WORK AND BACK EVERY DAY.

Haha you commute to work.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

vudan posted:

Haha you commute to work.

ErrorInvalidUser
Aug 23, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
ugh $300 a month to drive my ford ecosport

vudan
Dec 11, 2010

ErrorInvalidUser posted:

ugh $300 a month to drive my ford ecosport

But it has eco in the name, and sport. Surely driving it is good for your fitness and wallet.

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

Three Olives posted:

lol

central dogma
Feb 25, 2012

Come to the Undead Settlement in the next 20 mins if u want an ash kicking
250 years ago we grew our own food. Today our food costs correlate with the gasoline market. What went wrong?

ErrorInvalidUser
Aug 23, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
a global class war

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

You Are A Elf posted:

I miss my 1.8 turbo Jetta and it’s solid 40 miles a gallon.

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I have one of those electric bmw that 3O posted and it rules. I work from home 95% of the time but we I need to go to the corporate campus I just use the charging stations there for free. I haven’t paid for gas in months.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

LuckyCat posted:

I have one of those electric bmw that 3O posted and it rules. I work from home 95% of the time but we I need to go to the corporate campus I just use the charging stations there for free. I haven’t paid for gas in months.

Sorry you're literally a slave to your corporate masters for your transportation needs lol NOT

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
riding a bike is fun and healthy

you also dont have to follow any traffic laws which is super rad

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

filled up the ninja, 14 liters for $27 CAD

if im easy on the fun dial the bike is decent on gas, but the worst milage i got was 215 km for all 14.4 liters

plum ran out while i coasted to the gas station

weather is getting super nice again and the novelty of a new motorcycle has kinda worn off, time to get back on the pedal bike (and not stop for anything)

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude

Thanks carvana

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude

vudan posted:

Tesla is good now - gbs

But but but you can change it to make fart noises when you honk the horn annnd and and annnnnd you can make the model X dance it's totally not a normal car and DEFINITELY the future. plus! Totally reliable!

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
The BMW i3 is just like all the other brands that make a TINY amount of hybrid or electric vehicles just so they can say they are doing their part. This just in, Audi brought less than 5500 e-trons to the United States, and no longer do so, so good luck if you bought one 4 years ago and its starting to go to poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

interwhat posted:

The BMW i3 is just like all the other brands that make a TINY amount of hybrid or electric vehicles just so they can say they are doing their part. This just in, Audi brought less than 5500 e-trons to the United States, and no longer do so, so good luck if you bought one 4 years ago and its starting to go to poo poo

:lol:

Everyone has been all in on EVs for the last couple of years, no one can keep up with demand, I will consider myself lucky if I get my new car by Christmas.