Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Poohs Packin posted:

"End of trip" (showers/lockers)

It's like this weird thing where people are so close and they don't understand that I do not wish to shower at work. There are so many things that companies could do like financially incentivize things like shared commuting instead of showering at work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

j o y c e
Jan 12, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
gasoline prices for my car

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
You already poop at work why not shower too??

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Yeah but if you want to ride your bike to work then having lockers and showers is kind of a necessity. You can't really incentivize for the physical and mental benefits of being able to commute by bicycle.

These facilities aren't generally provided because companies think its a good thing to do, and its not like they preclude you getting other benefits. They are provided because they are legally required if you have an office space accommodating over a certain number of workers. This is a good thing.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Colonel Cancer posted:

You already poop at work why not shower too??

I don't poop at work, I drive home, to poop in peace in an extremely clean room with 5 plants, a flower in a cute little vase and a bidet.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Three Olives posted:

I don't poop at work, I drive home, to poop in peace in an extremely clean room with 5 plants, a flower in a cute little vase and a bidet.

Sicko.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Sorry, I forgot, there are actually six plants, I added one the other week.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

My bathroom stays so spotless precisely because I save the worst dumps for the company shitters :getin:

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Three Olives posted:

gently caress this trash

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
I predict gas will be :10bux: by the end of the week.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

C'mon homemade woodgas cars!!

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

Poohs Packin posted:

Yeah but if you want to ride your bike to work then having lockers and showers is kind of a necessity. You can't really incentivize for the physical and mental benefits of being able to commute by bicycle.

most businesses in the u.s. don't even have lactation rooms. showers for cyclists are a pipe dream

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

What about prayer rooms?

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Colonel Cancer posted:

What about prayer rooms?

In australia we have these in government buildings and its where you're meant to bang hookers.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

Inept posted:

most businesses in the u.s. don't even have lactation rooms. showers for cyclists are a pipe dream

Somehow we have both. But we're not renewing the lease because covid mercifully made us notice that our offices are pointless.

I'm tempted to try squatting in there so they have try to evict me from 20k square feet with showers. All I need is a business hammock.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Prayer not player :rolleyes:

Think of the state of your immortal soul and apologize before Allah

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Inept posted:

Yeah nobody is going to do it for funsies. You have to legislate it through strategic planning which America is incapable of doing.

no_tears
Dec 20, 2020

Bing Bong
My legs are gonna be ripped after all these walkies instead of drivies

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Hahahaha How Is Gas Real Hahaha Just Take The Tube

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

The Chyeooob

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist
It does seem like the solution is readily apparent but the entire US is built on the idea that cars are good instead of very bad. So better public transportation and biking infrastructure and even sidewalks are sacrificed while people try to innovate and 'tech' a solution when the answer already exists.

I agree with the guy talking about how trains need to levitate and glow or no one would invest.