Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
haha i forgot this was starting this week, so catching up now and lol at the impromptu mud deception LOL fake blood and theyre taking way too long, yess.

ayy, this rando dude won me over with his "no rice, no flint, no machete, no pot" haha, honestly survivor is really skimpy with the weed rewards or weed based challenges oh literal pot as in vessel

That's a lot of screentime for a dude they just have to remove from the show almost immediately. Always weird too when they do a big "anti-stigma" thing that introduces you to new stigmas. I understood lithium to be an effective antidepressant, vaguely "the good/least-bad one" and don't know any really negative associations with. Guess I also didn't know it was something that needed to be weaned off of or whatever either though.

Goodbye Zach but lol at Drea just, immediately going to vote someone off her alliance, I wonder how far this approach will get her, I'm not sure I see the reasoning there.

Khanstant fucked around with this message at 08:53 on Mar 13, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Haha the way she immediately broke into a death-mourning wail as soon as it was being announced he was going to have to be taken off the show was when I noticed her abundance of energythusiasm.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I think they should be allowed to do drugs on survivor, which woulda let Jackson stay, and would make for a lot of interesting show moments. If nothing else, the psychoactive drug alcohol has been voluntarily administered to players before and I always wondered why they didn't leave booze filled coconuts around like easter eggs for the survivors to stumble into.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Come to think of it, I vaguely recall part of a radiolab on it and my takeaway at the time that lasted till now is that it's a really cool element and seems extremely helpful for mental health meds
https://www.wnycstudios.org/podcasts/radiolab/segments/lithium

i think veganism gets a pass in survival situation and probably survival show, one rando lobster is a way different act of meat eating than participating in industrial death

Khanstant fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Mar 17, 2022

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
i just dont like it because yelling is inherently irritating

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Cancelling challenge mid-challenge next game?! history!!!

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I don't actually want Russel around ever again, but I do wish one of these gently caress-you idols was around when Russell was just hoovering them all up, just to see him pitch his little babyfit about it.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
That's genuinely surprising to me, I know him as a goblin who spends most of his time stewing in his own survivor stew. I can at the same time see how actually having to see it with an audience where you really cant deny your badplayingness anymore would shake him off it lol

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
i googled Jeff Probst NFT and there aren't many image results at all so the one of a nude jeff with a plate of bacon really sticks out

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
hahaha johnathan actually carrying this team

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
the other teams should have johnathan come help

nice slow mo shots lol

honestly a good call, they shouldve scheduled the water to be calmer for this challenge.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
ahahaha both lose

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I'm pulling for Lydia on this one

edit: Hai looks like he's buying the lie

ahaha the goober outed their scheme through nervous chatter

LMAO chanelle just mouthed it outright

Khanstant fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Mar 24, 2022

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
woof this is awkward lol

cant they just bully hai and say hes next if he doesnt play along

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
haha yess Hai for hardlining and lol Daniel for being a flakazoid

FRACTURE

Glad Lydia sticking around, like Hai now too.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
gonna be some sour grapes back at camp

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
lol well i understand completely his decision making and lack of self awareness now

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Last season didn't feel like the lose-vote gimmicks really went anywhere so I'm glad there were two lost votes here that ended up really screwing over what could be an dominant alliance, the most annoying thing possible in survivor imo.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
he also flubbed the tribal council, the whole way he was talking made him sound fishy and then he listed people who gave him comfort and it was the whole bigger alliance he was cozying up to.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Daniel is the kind of player we will insult future players via the comparison

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
haha johnathan the tugboat

hey green team good catchup

i kind of spaced out during the pre-tribal scramble, who was actually the one trying to blindside drea?

Khanstant fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Mar 31, 2022

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Ahh okay I remember now. Good job, goobers lol.

Any of yall stick around after to see this Beyond the Edge show? This is the furthest I've made it in and it kind of seems like a lovely "celebrity survivor: oops all challenges."

quote:

“Beyond the Edge” is not “Celebrity Survivor,” and that’s something CBS and Renegade want to make very clear. The show has some of the hallmarks of “Survivor,” including the tropical beach, physical challenges and the same broadcast network home. But in “Beyond the Edge,” there’s no elimination — the celebrities only leave when they physically reach their breaking point (and a few do ultimately drop out) — and episodes end with a bit of a therapy session, led by host Mauro Ranallo (from Showtime Sports), as the stars discuss the challenge they just accomplished.

Uh huh. It's boringer survivor.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I wonder if you could use that advantage offensively, if you knew ahead of time what it was. Hopefully they never do it again, but as a "lose your vote until arbitrary conditions are met" device seems like if you could get the right rival to stumble on it, they could lose their vote power long enough for you to do something. Get the feeling we will get more double edged idols but maybe drop the corny phrase thing, so any "beware" kind of idol could be a weapon.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
there should never be that much text on a survivor idol, unless it's a poem clue or some bit of theming history when they still tried that.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
lol yeah the way it's written to me reads as:

In order for your idol to have power, the other must have been found. That's it, once all idols found, the idol activates. There's no reason to read further, nothing there stipulates further requirements. The ones they drop afterwards feel unrelated, they're in the subsection about "how you will know" which is... an obtuse way to sort out if anyone else has found them or not, it should activate itself. At worst you should get to boot hand find out you suddenly have your vote back once all three found.

Really could've worded it much clearer to their intentions. As it stands -> you only "must" say it the next time after you read it. Says other players will reply... but doesn't say you must or will reply if they say theirs. Honestly it being an option to just never say phrase, accept dead vote until merge for an idol advantage post is more interesting.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
best part was the fishing to escape the tribal bickering and then when daniel is voted off.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

aidoru posted:

Why did Daniel go on and on about how awesome it is to be on Survivor but he participated in like one challenge the whole time... thats like half the reason people watch the show

feels like the shows always been a blend of all three parts but challenges are usually when i zone out or take a break, who loses is really the part I'm waiting to find out. these days especially the challenges usually feel like some obstacle course, maybe some old puzzle we seent before. there's no "eat weird poo poo" challenges anymore, they shy away from gladiator fights, there's no themed anything, they don't do pecking order challenges, no quizzing, no crazy endurance feats, rarer to get those temptation quit-challenge moments.

So since he probably doesn't get the joke of Bart Simpson about himself, I get why he was still jazzed about his farts worth of survivor. If I were a survivor I wouldn't be looking forward to the challenge parts, especially if I'm not on the team with a Johnathon carrying. Unless it's cool challenges like eat bug, carry mud in hair, or spit pork into a bucket.

edit: If anyone watching Severance the finale had me thinking a certain character would be good at some of those endurance challenges.

Khanstant fucked around with this message at 06:37 on Apr 8, 2022

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Aside from the people I already lost, and how it's losing, I'm kind of fine with my roster. Except maybe Lydia. And Chanelle. and Tori. How does scorinOH there's literally the rules, first time I'm actually reading this haha whoops. I was just picking on who I thought would win or not in the end. well cool i can be more deliberate on a redraft

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
ooooh is that what miller time is

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
boston rob is about 60% of the things i know about boston besides something something old times america war, then that stupidass tea party movement.

and i missed everything jeff was saying just now because I was so loud cheering about applebees

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
goddamn i want to be on survivor just for my chance to be so loving pumped for applebees like i am everyday in real life where i live and work

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
grey rock is stupid when there's no odd number

johnathon is gone pretty fast once the individual challenges are around unless he's core to a solid alliance

oof drea hard to watch that look it hurts. drat mike though, good pullin

lmao johnathons diet of 18 eggs, hunks of cheese, and grits

Khanstant fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Apr 14, 2022

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
big eyeroll lol if it's just a straight up reverse winners to losers again

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
chill out romeo

maryanne a better pick, keep johnathon around for a while unless u want to do all the hunting and hard labour, gently caress that. golden boys dont win, the fact every1 already thinking him, means kerep him round and get out some weasel early.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
drat, my first loser. and lydia doesnt even make jury RIP

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Yeah I liked the edit of him "pfft im safe i can chill" to "full out scheming action"

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

The Bloop posted:

Applebee's sucks poo poo at home but I'd be pretty excited about it too if I were them

it's fun to freak out and be excited and everyone knows your time to shine is during the applebees promo. On applebees day all my confessionals mention how much I eat applebees every day, how the bartenders all know me by name.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
everyone's dad sucks and is conservative, he's not necessarily the same thing but i'm also not willing to bet on it since all i know about him is Strong, Friendly, eats a lot.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
friendship ended with pedo protector, the other survivors should eat johnathon to gain his strength

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
i really don't care who drinks what piss