Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
Given that Survivor isn't a game where someone can just hop right in after the first two days (since imo those days are incredibly important), it doesn't seem that far fetched that the night before the game started they did final clearances on everyone, sent the alts home, and fired everything up the next morning. Probably not the best idea and they'll probably rethink that after this incident, but I don't think it's particularly stupid or nefarious that they released the alts the night before the game started, especially since they probably load everyone up and start first thing in the morning.

I also suspect Jackson wouldn't have revealed his medication issue if the alts were still around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
I don't know if he was being sarcastic about Daniel's shoulder injury but in his exit interview Zach implied Daniel was bleeding all over the place so Hai didn't look out of place.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
If you haven't seen it yet, Lydia is possibly the most Extremely Online contestant the show has ever had and she's absolutely a top tier poster:

https://twitter.com/lydia_meredith

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
This was the most fun episode in quite a while, IMO.

Also, Daniel being a wormy little College Republican makes so much sense.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

ApplesandOranges posted:

Maryanne likely goes - Omar/Jonathan have been called out as close, as are Jonathan/Lindsay. Also it's impossible for Jonathan or Lindsay to be voted out if they go to tribal unless the three-way idol gets activated, since only Jonathan and Lindsay can vote on the tribe right now.

Solid chance that the idol gets activated next episode or by the time they go to tribal though, which would put Maryanne in a very strong spot on Taku with whatever power the idol has and the extra vote if they don't blindside her.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
What do you mean "no" that post rules

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
He’s the embodiment of a wormy little College Republican

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

curiousCat posted:

https://ew.com/tv/survivor-42-daniel-strunk-interview/

he goes into detail about how he basically was trying to protect both Mike and Channelle, but neither of them would give him anything -- and that he and Channelle had agreed not to risk their vote on the walk and then she immediately did.

Also forgotten in this business about the not merge -- Omar still doesn't have a vote either.

God, even his interview is wormy. Two big thing, one is probably a spoiler --

1. I'm confused about what he's saying about Chanelle. She walked off the boat last week and already knew she had lost her vote and then immediately told him? Aside from it being obvious, how would she know that quickly?

2. I strongly suspect he gives away the next boot in the final paragraph, because he lists all his best friends and they're all everyone who got voted off before him plus one other person, and as a supposed superfan he should know better, lol.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
https://twitter.com/lydia_meredith/status/1515050788292243458

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

SweetJahasus posted:

My point is that by even saying things like she did to Mike or to Maryanne which were nice things can have negative affects on their game based on how the remaining contestants perceive them.

I've given a version of this speech in this thread before, but I'll do it again.

The reason why Survivor is such a cool and interesting game is because of people and poo poo like this. The whole conundrum of this game is "how do I prevent people from winning a million dollars while simultaneously convincing them I deserve it." Figuring out who is going to take it in stride vs. who will be bitter, and figuring out how to deal with that, is absolutely fascinating and the reason this show has been on for 42 seasons.

I firmly believe the day Survivor becomes a solvable formula - "Win x Challenges" or "Be responsible for x number of boots" or "Play x amount of hidden immunity idols dramatically" is the second to last season it's on the air. I know this gets wildly meta in a way that's not realistic for how the show probably works in practice to the contestants, but it's still important. You can and should be looking at pre-merge boots as people who you think will vote emotionally, won't vote for you, will torch you at tribal, etc., and that deep level of play is why Survivor loving rules.

If we ever get a pure season of emotionless gamebots, the show is toast. Having to play around PEOPLE is the crux of the game. It's the reason why Russel will never win, why Erika kicked rear end even though she was terribly edited, and how we get moments like Sue's snake/rat speech (which is one of the reason why this show is still on).

You are allowed to be a bitter juror. It's REASONABLE for you to be a bitter juror. In fact, you can and should WIELD the possibility of being a bitter juror as a weapon to use if your back is against the wall if you want to play this game seriously.

In conclusion, Survivor rules. Thank you.