Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?
I generally like the cast!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

lydia pony
mike poison

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Another Bill posted:

Jackson definitely had agency over his own story being told, to be clear.

I think maybe it's the contrast with Zeke who talked about the stress of people thinking he was hiding something by transitioning or identifying as transgender. So seeing the show exploit or play up that angle with another player is what left a bad taste with me. I liked Jackson too and it sucks that this is how he'll be remembered as a player ( until he comes back another season)

Which is making me realize that I think i have ideas about right and wrong ways of being transgender, and that's my issue to work on. Anyways, I hope I didn't offend because that wasn't my intent. My favorite part of the last 4-5 seasons of Survivor is the push for inclusion because it gives me a great opening to pause the show and to talk about social issues with my kids.

I am trans and your questions/comments have been fine. Thank you for your concern, though!

Glad Maryanne stayed.

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Let's loving gooooooo Lydia

Let's loving GOOOOOOOO HAI

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Studio posted:

Also thinking about last night's episode, has a tribe ever worked as closely as Taku was last night? They literally Idol Hunted as a group and shared the text. They'll be bonkers strong if they make the merge, but uh, what are the tribe dynamics if they have another vote (they don't seem great at puzzles!)

Yes, but usually that was in the olden times of survivor

Fast Luck posted:

Four players were drawing rocks and only 1 of them was Hai, so 75% chance Strunk! is on the losing side on that rock draw. Therefore he was right to not want any part of rocks. Maybe Hai would have crumbled though if everyone else on the tribe was pushing him to.

????

Mike and Jenny both tried to convince Hai to flip

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

garthoneeye posted:

I’m not normally a fan of his archetype, but I am really enjoying Jonathan. He seems good-natured and oddly humble without coming off as disingenuous. I doubt he’ll go all the way simply because of challenge threat, but I’m rooting for him so far.

Agreed. They're giving him a bit of time to articulate his strategic thoughts about it too.

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

A little annoyed we didn't get to hear Lydia's thoughts at all about that TC.

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

blue squares posted:

???????????????

Is this sarcasm?

https://ew.com/tv/survivor-42-daniel-strunk-interview/

he goes into detail about how he basically was trying to protect both Mike and Channelle, but neither of them would give him anything -- and that he and Channelle had agreed not to risk their vote on the walk and then she immediately did.

Also forgotten in this business about the not merge -- Omar still doesn't have a vote either.

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

so loving stupid

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

STAC Goat posted:

I also assume that the knowledge/suspicion Mary Ann had an idol might have just kept her out of the question. Otherwise that 9 fell apart real fast. But I thought it was funny that they formed a final 9, then decided to vote out Jonathan, and then Omar used Lydia being willing to vote out one of the new 8 as reason to turn on her. Modern Survivor is funny.

no, lol

they formed a F8
Omar turned the rest of the 8 on Lydia
the 6 votes for Lydia were legit just that group -- everyone else was left on the outs completely.

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Fast Luck posted:

Let's say Tori loses immunity and goes home because now she's a challenge threat on top of being an outcast. That leaves 9 players left.

From there, Drea could join with Maryanne and they'd basically have the advantages to run the game together. Obviously this is just fan fiction but the point is the amount of power Drea + Maryanne could wield is just absurd. Two extra votes, two idols already, steal Mike's idol for a third idol, idol out Hai and Lindsay for a fourth idol. Rejoin with Romeo and you can do even more.

There's some good uses for the extra votes. Like, at 9, if the majority (minus Drea) is splitting 3-3 against Maryanne and Romeo, then MA+R+D+extra vote can take it 4-3-3 without using an idol. If the majority is planning any other type of vote split, you can vote together and play an idol there, keeping the two extra votes, and your three has the majority at 7 without even needing an idol. And so on, the number of options for all those powers is huge.

Did you miss the preview for next ep?

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Sad to see Hai go. Really thought that was going to turn the other way -- I'm shocked they've allowed Jonathan to survive so long.

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Khanstant posted:

I miss when the blindsided were shocked, angry, upset, betrayed, etc about being blind-sided. Someone earlier in the season called their vote out a blindside and were all excited to check that off their list, when it wasn't even a blindside. Hai reacted pretty cheerfully about it.

It's rly player-dependent -- even back in Guatemala you got "Blindsided, NICE!! Now THAT'S HOW YOU VOTE SOMEBODY OUT!!!"

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

STAC Goat posted:

I don't know that I see the Xander/Jonathan comp. As I recall Xander directly betrayed a bunch of allies and then just kind of backed into the end game.

he didn't even have a vote premerge, and then he was in the minority instantly postmerge. who did he betray lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

The Mighty Moltres posted:

Fuckin lol

My parents kept saying she should switch, but the odds are better sticking with what has already been chosen.
Case in point.

That's not how the math works