Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mirotic
Mar 8, 2013

I can see Jackson being brought back if/when he's off the lithium for good. And I can understand not wanting to talk about it - there's a lot less than there used to be, but still a bit of a stigma around taking mental health medications. But weaning off any antidepressant, lithium included, is tough, even before you get into the issues with lithium drugs.

In general, good premiere, I like this cast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mirotic
Mar 8, 2013

Big Taint posted:

I wonder if there is a list of medication that is like 'you can't be on this and play' given to the contestants, so they tried to conceal it/wean him and it didn't work out in time so they disclosed it last minute. And then medical decided to see how he did with the withdrawal. There was a comment about him 'shaking for 8 hours' or something and another tribemate pointedly making sure he was staying hydrated so it sounds like he wasn't taking it well physically to a noticeable degree.

Apparently, a quick Google brought up that the lithium weaning process can take at least four weeks but it's preferred to do it over three-six months (source). If you're dehydrated, you can also get too much lithium in your body and that causes other issues...

So if you're trying to withdraw and then you're on Survivor, where dehydration can/does happen... Yeah, I can see where it would become noticeable quickly, especially in the first couple days where you're still settling in to everything.