Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I saw season 1 of The Circle a few years back, and one of the dumbest things about that show was how they kept bringing in brand new contestants over halfway into the season. I'm so, so glad Survivor does not do that.

Like say what you will about Edge of Extinction, at least those contestants were people we had seen before!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I think the usage of "must" in that note is ambiguous enough that the message probably needed to be clarified.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

If the family visit was this season do you guys think Jeb! would come visit Daniel?

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Antiquated Pants posted:

So, could Lindsey not done a shot in the dark of Tori was safe?
They probably brought down the SITD to 1/6 for the split tribal instead of 2/12. If Tori was safe, there probably wasn't a second "Safe" for Lindsey to get.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

STONE COLD 64 posted:

oh sure, NOW all of a sudden Tori wants a shot
Lmao.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

ninjahedgehog posted:

Long odds, but couldn't this result in all five people at Tribal having immunity? Wonder what the rules are for that
No. The dice metaphor is incredibly misleading but it seems to be a lottery system where there's between 1 and 2 winning "Safe" papers, not something where every individual player could potentially become immune.

Tori winning would mean that Lindsey gets Cirie'd as the last player without immunity.

Raxivace fucked around with this message at 06:34 on Apr 28, 2022

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Not making people mad when you vote them out is literally the game of Survivor IMHO. If you gently caress it up so badly that somebody tries to take you down with them, that's on you. Anything else is just an excuse for a gameplay error.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I mean there's something to be said for just laying low and just being nice to people, especially when you have Russell freakin' Hantz wanting to take you to the end.

It may not be the most "dominant" kind of win or whatever but it can work really well in the right situation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

sportsgenius86 posted:

I can absolutely see Maryanne talking herself into a loss at final tribal if she makes it. She can be really loving annoying sometimes.
She could potentially use this to her advantage though, depending on if she has a strong FTC. She could make an argument like "I know I have an energetic personally that can be exhausting and annoying to people, so I played into that a bit to make people think I was a goat while getting them to still like me until it was time to make my Big Moves (TM), and then I got out Omar, and had an Idol blah blah blah etc."

Like depending on how self-aware she is about her personality she could make a legitimate case here.