Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
Ah grumblecakes, the old thread is closed so I can't just quote this.

Hey! Would you like to play in a very low-effort survivor fantasy league!

If you're interested head over to https://tribal-council.com/ and use join code: d98dd968-1741-4707-95f0-68b3c32f6186 to join the 12 other people who have signed up so far! I think the league holds up to 16 so there aren't many spots left, get in while you can!

The point system is kinda neat, feel free to give it a read!

Some quick things to note:

There are times when you will be able to entirely redraft your team! I believe last season these moments were after the first episode and when the merge occurred. I imagine a swap would trigger a redraft as well. If there's a redraft you can pick as many new players as you like but when a player from your roster is booted, you lose access to that slot entirely!

I will post here when redrafts are available and I'll post some scoring updates that seem interesting.

Oh and if you're feeling extra confident about the power of your team and its potential to go the distance, go ahead and brag it about here. If you confirm confidence and you come in last place I will purchase you a survivor fantasy losertar.

Chili fucked around with this message at 15:45 on Mar 8, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
Oh and...

Pony: Omar
Poison: Tori

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
Survivor Fantasy Update!

Tied for first right now are myself and Studio#4031!

Rosters are open now so if you want to switch out any of your picked players for someone you may have overlooked, have at it! Couple of people feel the burn big time in picking both the boots but there's still plenty of survivor left!

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

IcePhoenix posted:

I really do want to sign up for this even if I'll be a week behind can someone tell me how to actually make an account there? There's plenty of ways to log in but that does me no good if I don't have an actual account at all.

You make an account by logging in. Just try and access the site through discord or steam. Though I don't know if you can sign up now that the season has already started. I'm fine with it, just not sure if the site will allow it.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

A Fancy Hat posted:

It sounded to me more like he told them he's taking LIthium and the Survivor crew just didn't have enough time to research what the possible negative side effects from being on Survivor could be. Presumably he was taking it on the island (they let you take prescriptions there, right?) and the med team eventually decided it was too risky.

Yeah this is pretty much the case. Lithium is just one of those drugs that you really don't want anyone on while playing the game. It's a perfectly fine drug to be on for mental health purposes but it needs good medication management and a stable environment or the side effects can be problematic.

My guess is that they knew he was getting yoinked as soon as he disclosed it but had nobody to fill in so they gave him what they could. It's a good compromise in a lovely situation and what presence Jackson did have held a lot of value.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
Fantasy Update!

Not a whole lot of shifting around! There are only 5 teams left that have their entire roster intact. Teams are now locked and will likely stay that way for a bit until there's a major event. But, you can still activate up to 5 players and bench 3 each week.

Good episode! Though I'm really starting to hate the beware advantage. As Maryanne said, desperate players go looking for idols. It sucks that if you're in a position of desperation, and you find an idol at the 11th hour, you're essentially even more screwed than you were. Omar's stock continues to rise. I don't see a way that he at least doesn't merge, hard to see him missing the finale as well.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

The Bloop posted:

Can you give it away

Or hide it poorly and let someone else find and activate it

It's like a booby trap

It specified that you either had to take it or leave it. I kinda wish Daniel had found it. Probably unlikely but he may have been cunning enough to put it back and lead someone else to it.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
Yeah, it's a problem imo. It's making things far more scripted than they should be. Even last season with the knowledge is power advantage and "they have to tell you if they have an advantage" like ok, what if they don't? Does Jeff come up and wrestle it out of their hands?

It's dumb and bad. I'm not one to complain about twists and advantages as a rule. Some of these are just poorly constructed, though. Like I think the idol nullifier is generally not good but i don't complain about it or mind it cos it at least makes sense and fits. But yeah, this poo poo is generally too cute.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
Yeah. Lydia is just the best. It's a shame the sia money seems to be gone. Feel like she's such an obvious choice for it.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
Producer Romeo's stock is sharply rising. Dude is astute. My wife pointed out that him and Hai could make for a really solid partnership if they ever meet in the merge. I could see it going that way or them being huge rivals but either way, would be cool to see them play together.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
Fantasy Update!

Of note:

• Studio has been in first place for the entire run so far.
  • With fantasy favorite Jenny the boot last week, there are now no teams left with an entirely intact roster.
  • At this point, Taku members have been 100% the track to the most points with them winning the most challenges.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

Corin Tucker's Stalker posted:

I'm just getting caught up with the show and this thread, and I am so glad someone else was annoyed by this. There had better be some sort of penalty beyond not getting to vote. I liked Mike at first but find myself rooting against him because selectively ignoring downsides in a "hey don't open this thing unless you accept the downsides" advantage isn't great.

This feels very much like a hate the game not the player situation. Production is letting him do it. He's trying his hardest to navigate entirely new advantages and I can't fault him for finding an angle. I do hope that production is being even handed about it.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
I think I agree with the strunk case as well tbh. As a spectator I'm happy he's gone. But were I in that majority, I think I tip toward keeping strunk. He has Adam vibes. Like yeah, he hosed up, but he also held himself accountable and made it clear he's sloppy.

If a player isn't a direct ally, take sloppy over cunning every time.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
You're going into the merge with two players who are on the outs... Chanelle is not showing any signs of fear and feels more likely to go hunting for other options.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
Idk. Daniel came across as generally pretty open and sincere in the interview.

I'm not about to stan for a Jebber but he seems fine. And I'd be really surprised if that last paragraph is a spoiler.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

IcePhoenix posted:

I'd say it was probably related to the doctors telling him that he could cause permanent damage to his shoulder if he re-injured it

He confirmed that on his exit interview.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
I read that as my colleagues who also happen to be republicans.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
Heyo it's time for an update!

Lotta movement this week! Studio was finally unseated by Stone Cold! I've trimmed away the bottom of the list only because some people have left booted spots in their active position. Drea was the big winner this week with the idol activation and the tribe win.

We'll see what happens in the mergatory!

And, be on the lookout, as the rosters are likely to unlock and you'll be able to redraft following next week's episode!

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
Let's not forget that we have our own game going here!

Of note:

Rosters are open! You can now freely remove and add in any players you'd like.

Stone Cold's lead is growing and though Studio and myself were at the top of the heap early on, I've dropped to 7th and Studio is sitting tight at 3rd.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

I don't know, I'll still stick by Jonathan being awesome at Survivor. And I'm not really sure if taking a bodyguard gig for one of your Dad's friends is really the worst thing either. Even if the person is a giant piece of poo poo, if you need a job and money, it's probably a good gig.

Yeah, I'm honestly pretty quick to defend anyone who shows up on a show like this. We just don't know their stories until we know them. Like Spencer went ahead and decided to be an actual giant turd, and now he's a turd. But what good does it do to form a negative opinion of a guy on a beach playing a game. That's all he is right now.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
Mike's "good for you" seemed to be more of an admiration for discipline. Which I can definitely see him having appreciation for as a football and wrestling coach.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

Stone cold is running away with it!

Hai was a universal roster hit.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

Studio posted:

Important news, Cameo Prices are out for S42.

Jackson having a cameo is extremely funny, imo.

It there was one thing I was certain of before I clicked that link it was that Rocksroy was absolutely not getting anywhere near that.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
Great season and a fun time!

Interested in more survivor?!

I'm running the next Something Awful Survivor and am looking for a launch in late June. If you're interested in participating (new players and veterans alike are encouraged to apply) head over here and apply! It's going to look a bit different from previous survivor seasons, but it should still be a fun and good time!

https://forms.gle/tA69kyHHnpMt1Brd6

Chili fucked around with this message at 05:22 on May 31, 2022

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

Studio posted:

(What's a FRG)

Forum Reality Game, think these sorts of games are more commonly referred to as ORG (online reality game).

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
Call me crazy, but I'm expecting the production end of things/twists to be far more tame.

I think they heard the feedback loud and clear and I also think they've learned to trust their casts.

After they made it, they watched 42 just like all of us and have to have realized that over-production was remained the k

JOHN CENA posted:

are we doing another draft for 43? i want to defend my title

Yup. I'll be making it soon

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
I mean we're already off to a good start. If just those two things alone are cut and nothing else changes I'm very happy. But yeah, new bad twists are always a possibility...

gently caress maybe they'll gently caress it but let me have hope. I need a good season right now.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
I know we're still waiting on a season 43 thread but for now:

Come play Fantasy Survivor!

Head over to https://www.tribal-council.com

Find out league with code: df9dbecb-7131-4836-ba25-99410ec1ca04

Join up, and draft away!

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
If you're talking about a team, I don't know if you're talking about a league so far. It's just been me who's been making them.

And the good news is you can always change up your draft picks after the first episode!

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
Ah, a new op. That makes more sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
We filled up!

Play it out this season, y'all. It doesn't take any longer than a minute or so to keep your roster current.