Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I'm super ready

Close your tags, OP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Survivor 42: Am I a Potato?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Fast Luck posted:

Lmao fake blood

did that goober use a ton with no wound lmao

also goodbye arm guy

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Second person voted out

One by production and one by players I guess

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Photex posted:

I really dislike Maryann and her over the top energy/reactions.

Yeeah I was like OK, be unapologetically yourself. Good for you, we're all a little weird in our own way. And then I was like oh god no imagine being in camp with this person for weeks

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah I'm pretty sure he said he had quit taking it but coming off lithium of all things cold turkey is not something they're going to want to televise, that could be rough

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

njsykora posted:

My favourite thing about the amulet as a macguffin design is it's ostensibly pitched as an alliance uniting thing, yet is designed to heavily encourage a 3-way backstab since the last one left with it will then have a hidden idol.

plus if they manage to keep them secret as they should, they'll have to convince their groups to vote out the other person for made up reasons and that could lead to some lols

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Bro if you have any questions about Christianity...

lol

He knows, bro

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Can you give it away

Or hide it poorly and let someone else find and activate it

It's like a booby trap

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Chili posted:

It specified that you either had to take it or leave it. I kinda wish Daniel had found it. Probably unlikely but he may have been cunning enough to put it back and lead someone else to it.

Right, he took it. But then what

What if he genuinely couldn't find it again because someone else already had, for example

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I honestly think they're misinterpreting the complicated rules scroll and they DO have to say it but.... What if they just don't? How does the game enforce something like that

I wondered the same thing last season

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Lol lose 2 votes

At least she can say stupid random poo poo without seeming different than usual

Also lol captions SHIZ

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I've been exhausted and scared in big swells, I get it

They did the right thing

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Surely the prisoner won't dilemma my face vote

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Lot of time left here

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Fast Luck posted:

One thing I don't understand is how Mike didn't have to say his phrase. I swear the clue said "must." Then when you factor in the "fine print" that the idol gets activated at merge if it never gets activated beforehand, it becomes fairly unlikely you're gonna have three people trying to activate. Although now....... Mike should probably go for it and that's 2/3

Yeah i also read it as must but that's part of the problem with some of the season40+ advantages. Must... or what

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Lydia was a badass calling the blindfolded challenge

Of course she also super reminds me of one of my best friends so I noticed and remembered her for a different reason

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
But Jeff
Where are the votes Jeff

Where are the votes

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Professor Shark posted:

That was a fantastic tribal

After this one, Chanelle gets her vote back, correct? I hope Hai and Lydia just constantly practice making fire and use it as a way to ensure Daniel stays in line.

Even HE doesn't think he'll make it to fire building

Or is that the double secret tie breaker

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
It's bad

They won't do it again though now that the cat's out if the bag to new players

It would have been much better if they just had to say an unusual word one time like rutabaga or wheelbarrow

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Studio posted:

*sweating profusely* uhh there's hotter rats????

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Rox is so annoying

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Maryanne is so annoying

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Daniel is so annoying

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Hmm, a bisexual republican? How does this work?

Poorly

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
This is a fun group, mostly

Rox remains a huge drag ofc

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Fast Luck posted:

Somehow the minor minor tweak of saying he’d have the power to change th game and you can switch with him made it work. People actually anticipated it and know they let it happen

And no one seems massively butthurt this time

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

The Mighty Moltres posted:

HOLY poo poo?! APPLEBEES!
gently caress YEAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!
*Jumps up and down, punches my self in the face, headbutts the guy standing next to me, runs over and toungue-kisses Jeff, falls over and spasms until I vomit*

Applebee's sucks poo poo at home but I'd be pretty excited about it too if I were them

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

How's that for owning the nickname your high school bullies gave you

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Leatherhead posted:

First episode we saw him completely whiff on the triangle count, realize he was out of his depth, and gracefully decide to just go build camp while other people solved it. That doesn't mean he'd necessarily be awful at all puzzles, but I don't think it's a confidence area for him.

That may have been gameplay but I definitely think he's just smart enough to know his strengths and let others on the tribe play to theirs. His social game is genuinely good but it mostly just seems like he's actually a nice guy. He certainly has self control as demonstrated by the great chatterbox montage

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
lmao red handed

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Johnathan getting defensive about racism and having it explained and then seeming cool at the end is a pretty good example of how something like that should go

Plenty of white people knee jerk defend like that and it's pretty natural if you haven't been exposed to big ideas about systemic issues and subconscious biases

He still seems like a jerk but they're all exhausted and he did in an earlier episode explicitly say that he was trying really hard to not gripe at the women, so it seems like at least he knows that about himself

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
When Tori got snuffed and went Nooooo

Jeff broke his usual snuffer stoicism and quietly said "yes"

And I lol'd irl

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

blue squares posted:

If you’re white and still haven’t been exposed to big ideas like systemic discrimination and implicit bias that’s 100% on you at this point

I mean only sort of

In a previous job I worked with some very sheltered people, especially religious folks

If you don't even know there's a conversation being had because no one in your entire life worth of social circles are talking about it, how would you even know to seek it out?

It's not GOOD for sure, but it's understandable and human

AND it's actually part of systemic discrimination, but that's very meta for somebody like Johnathan to grasp right off, as is the distinction between racist outcomes and bigoted actors

poo poo's complicated yo
This forum is WAY more aware, connected, and probably intelligent than the average shlub

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
To be clear, I'm not defending Johnathan. I'm just saying how representative Survivor often is of real life

There are a LOT of privileged people who have just never considered a lot of poo poo various minority groups experience

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Antiquated Pants posted:

Based on his current levels of excitement for the show, I believe this is will happen and he'll be seen as the next Bob Barker.

When he retires a comedian will take over his show and not take any of the premises seriously and mock the game throughout

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Spokes posted:

God willing lmao

Now we go to "tribal council" *jerkoff motion*

In this game, fire represents your life *massive eyeroll*

You guys are really excited to paint a flag and maybe win some loving Applebee's, right? Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

SteveVizsla posted:

Basically what happened with The Mole

drat that was such a good show