Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
drat, Lithium

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Fast Luck posted:

Some alternate out there is screaming at their tv

Have there been alternates for 41 and 42? Usually they fly alternates out to the island and have been known to drop cast members the day before filming starts and swapping them out with someone.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
Zach is probably one of the more memorable and likable first boots

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Shneak posted:

The Spirit Halloween fake blood run was dumb in the best way and the new amulet advantage thing actually incentivizes gameplay.

The sound on my paramount plus feed wasn't working at that time so I had to watch with subtitles, and that scene was so funny I was cackling

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Leatherhead posted:

I think I'm pulling for Hai, although his decision to smear blood all over himself doesn't bode terribly well for the sort of decision he'll make under pressure.

Yeah, I'm rooting for Hai as well.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

ApplesandOranges posted:

The weird thing about Russell is that recently he apparently watched Samoa/HvV for the first time live on stream and came right out and said that his HvV game was terrible, nobody should play like that, and he wants to get rid of his Survivor stuff and spend more time with his kids.

It could be passed off as him going on a drunken spiel (and he seemed pretty drunk), but he actually went out and sold his letter from J.T. at minimum bid $10k.

It only took him 13 years to realize that. But also funny in comparison to that story I heard recently, I think it was Erik from Micronesia maybe? Who did a fan event with him and they shared a hotel sweet, and he had a fan act as his assistant the entire time and he was drunkenly trying to pick up women and talking all night about how he should have won.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
Gay twitter is living for Hai this season.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
Hai is the best

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

STAC Goat posted:

Have Lydia and Hai done something before this week or do people just like them from pre game interviews or podcasts or something? I don’t think I noticed them before tonight.

Hai had that viral moment in episode one where he looked like he was having the time of his life spreading mud and fake blood on his chest.

https://twitter.com/giangyhai/status/1502366599709343752

Plus, I usually always by default root for any gay players, since out of 41 seasons, there have only been two gay winners.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

TASTE THE PAIN!! posted:

Completely forgot that was Hai with the fake blood, feel like I haven't even seen him since then. He handled that tribal like a complete boss and Daniel folded while blowing up his own game.

He had that moment at the start of last week's episode where he talked about being a vegan, but given that they're given no rice this season, he had to accept that he had to eat crab or whatever, and showed him reluctantly eating the crab.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Studio posted:

Daniel is Angelina 2.0

That's insulting to Angelina.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
Can anyone explain why the survivor subreddit is currently obsessed with and rooting for Daniel?

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

STAC Goat posted:

But also like they blindsided Mike. So I just don't feel like they're playing that well and there's no real reason for them to expect loyalty from anyone into the merge.

How did they blindside Mike? Everyone voted to plan except for Channelle, who voted for him in case Daniel played the dice and was safe.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

aidoru posted:

Why did Daniel go on and on about how awesome it is to be on Survivor but he participated in like one challenge the whole time... thats like half the reason people watch the show

I often fast forward through the challenges unless I'm watching it live. I like the camp life and strategy.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
Ozzy has come out as bisexual

https://twitter.com/OzzyLusth/status/1512362913415274498

Which isn't a big surprise given that he's done videos with other men at his onlyfans. They weren't graphic though, so I thought it was just gaybait.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Studio posted:

If it was like 2004 I feel like that would've been a purposeful casting choice. "Worked on Jeb! and Hillary's campaign? Put 'em on the same tribe"

Like when they thought it was comedy gold to put a gay person on the same tribe of a homophobe. Jeff was all, "Both sides, amirite?"

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Hmm, a bisexual republican? How does this work?

Yeah, you've misread that. He's not saying he's republican.

I'm gay, and sadly know a lot of gay republicans. They're all white. That said, they all distanced themselves from their party affiliation during the last administration, and I know a couple who officially withdrew their membership after the insurrection.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
I don't know if the Daniel love over on reddit was as ironic as people here were saying. He's all they're talking about over there right now. You have posts like this where people are talking about what a genuinely good guy he seems like.

https://www.reddit.com/r/survivor/comments/u0hrro/some_thoughts_on_a_certain_players_recent_media/

I don't get it

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
I love Hai, but he was dumb to reveal that he would go to rocks for Lydia. That right there told everyone, well, let's get rid of her asap.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Studio posted:

Isn't his dad like a super conservative congressperson and isn't he super duper religious - like, goes on missions

He is. Super good buddies with Roy Moore, the literal child rapist who nearly became a US Senator.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Propaganda Machine posted:

I get being disappointed about Jonathan maybe being a chud, but, couple things here. For one, Survivor is a very popular show and half of the general public is conservative, so they're going to be keeping that in mind during casting. But also, one of the nice things about this show is we don't see politics coming up, at least not on air. We've had some issues with religion in the past but I don't think that's come up very recently either. Let poor Jonathan exist in the (relatively) innocent reality TV bubble where he belongs.

Half the voting population is conservative. It's a myth that there is a 50/50 split in the general population.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

SweetJahasus posted:

Welp, here's Jonathan's audition tape. Check at 0:17 and who he's bodyguarding for.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QoP1fwnzZHs

Actual pedophile Roy Moore

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Leatherhead posted:

I'll never meet any of these people and I can't influence the game so it's easy to just treat them as imaginary characters on TV. What are the odds Tony V isn't a giant piece of poo poo? Yul Kwon worked for Facebook. Penner wrote The Bye Bye Man.

If there's another second chances poll one of these days I'll pay attention to who deserves it, but in the mean time trying to bend reality towards justice with the fury of my posting seems like a recipe for misery.

I think you're both correct and incorrect. Yes, they are just people on tv and we can't influence the game. Jonathan's politics appear to be horrifying. But I'm not furious or angry talking about it, we just lived through 4 years of the trump administration. I'm drained, I have no rage left. But, it does help inform who I'm rooting for in the current season, and while Jonathan is impressive at physical challenges, I'm not rooting for him.

In part because of his politics, but in part because I find challenge beasts to be boring (even moreso Jeff's adoration of challenge beasts), and I will always root for the underdog. Which a 6'5" 250 pound straight white man from Alabama with close personal connections to the political elite of the state who have come to close to influencing national politics, Jonathan has never been close to an underdog.

I will smile when he is inevitably voted off for being too much of a threat, and I will move on with my life.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Fast Luck posted:

PS: Rodney from Worlds Apart drinks his own pee and has a pee drinking business where he teaches you the health benefits of chugging your pee

Ew. Also, if you were to tell me someone from that cast did that without telling me the name, I would definitely have guessed Rodney.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

njsykora posted:

gently caress yes let’s see it crash and burn even harder.
https://twitter.com/redmondsurvivor/status/1516871874231390209

How did the first one crash and burn

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
I wonder why Romeo targeted Hai in his vote

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
Jonathan is showing his rear end tonight.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Khanstant posted:

okay i miscounted some of the scramble, but my impression was that tori was going to go anyway?

Yeah, I think so, she was the last person to be included in the scramble, and I'm pretty sure that was just Maryanne telling her that she was going to use her idol.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Fast Luck posted:

The majority had an 8-2 or 7-3 advantage here (depending where you count Maryanne) and were about to lop off two of their own, by choice. Pretty interesting game decisions here this time in the 5/5.

Well, not really. Hai and Mike realized that there was no swaying Rocksroy, that he was a stubborn guy who always has to have his way. They hedged their bets on getting rid of him last night, and dealing with the fallout later.

Plus this was the alliance that forced Hai's hand in voting out his number one ally, Lydia, specifically to reduce his power in the game. And now with talk of them forming a sub, all guy's alliance, Hai has little interest in playing with them anymore.

Omar was kind of brought into the alliance by Jonathan without any discussion, he's not really playing with the alliance. And Romeo is on the outside of the alliance. The vote made sense, every single person made a move that they thought was in their own best interest.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

ApplesandOranges posted:

Well RIP Jonathan, the edit was savage to him tonight. So glad I ponied Maryanne instead.

Was it the edit? Or was it just Jonathan himself revealing that he has no brain for strategy, and that he got outwardly angry at Drea and Maryanne for discussing their experiences as black women?

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Sighence posted:

He was upset because his (dumb) plan got blown up for a reason that misrepresents him, or at the very least how he views himself. You really think he's mad because he didn't get to hurt a minority?

No, nobody said that, you don't get to twist people's words in some kind of attempt to defend the guy.

He did though show his rear end in a way that a lot of people have during sensitive discussions about race in the last 2+ years.

It's amazing that in all of these reality shows that have tried to tackle these discussions, the cast of Bravo's Summer House handled it the best.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
I really like Hai a lot, but I worry that people are going to recognize what a threat he is to win like with Ricard last season, and they're going to vote him out sooner or later.

Which is precisely why I think we're going to see people like Maryanne, Romeo, and Lindsay make it far in this game. It seems like people are making the mistake of understanding that people like Romeo are on the bottom, but they're thinking there are bigger threats to get out, so they'll save him for another week.

You can make it to the end of this game by making big waves, or you can do so by making people forget that you're even there. Erika arguably won last season by doing the latter.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
Tori had this to say about her elimination.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

ApplesandOranges posted:

In other news, Ozzy's not great either (O refers to Ozzy).

This is very strangely worded. Are they saying that he has physically sexually assaulted people? Or are they saying that not disclosing that he has herpes is the sexual assault?

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Otteration posted:

Omar seems to be smooging all sides while keeping it all on the down low. His outrageous lie to Mike this week about Hai shouldn’t even cost Omar much since they all believed it even before it was said. Omar hasn’t won crap either, AFAIK.

Yeah, in his post exit interviews, Hai has said that people have kind of pieced together what happened in the year since filming, but nobody but Omar fully understood what down until the episode aired. He said that he was shocked, because it didn't sound like the way he talks at all, and he couldn't believe Mike believed him after having lived with him for 17 days.

I'm guessing that Omar never fully fessed up to what happened means that he makes it to the final three. Surely he would have said what happened at Ponderosa if he was booted before the finale, right?

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Popero posted:

On the other hand, if he makes final tribal, isn't his pitch that he was controlling things the whole time? Seems odd he wouldn't articulate that stuff at the end.

Depends on how bitter the jury is. Hai presumably would take it well. Mike, knowing he was manipulated, would probably be pissed off.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Khanstant posted:

do or die is dumb

It is. Which doesn't help the fact that I've lost interest in this season with Hai gone.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
They aren't put into sequester once they're voted out. Spilling secrets like Drea did might affect elimination order, but pretty much everyone left in the game was going to hear about it once they got to Ponderosa. People have won and lost the game specifically because of what people talked about once they were voted out. Realizing that Omar has duped everyone in the game could get him the crown, or just Miss Congeniality. It's just another element of how the game is played.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

nexous posted:

I think Jeff is probably mad that none of his gimmicks are working but also can’t help but give away the flame box with his erection at the possibility of his gimmick working

And to think that he initially had much more extravagant gimmicks planned for these seasons, but Mike White talked him out of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Antiquated Pants posted:

Is this the first season he has had little mini-intros for challenges/gimmicks and compared them to the previous year. He has such glee when talking about how much it's going to blow the players' minds. It's kinda weird, and kinda amusing that he is just so drat into his tricks.

I think he had even more intros last season compared to this season.