Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

And then Sue left after getting sexually assaulted, again no way the show is going to make that a bad edit.

You may be forgetting (S8 All-Stars) the way Big Tom, Rob, and other members of Sue's former tribe danced and mocked her after she quit, telling each other on camera (thereby telling us), that Sue was only ever just out for a paycheck. Amber--the winner just aw-shucksing and telling us that this is the "fun tribe". The show raked her over the coals, in part to preemptively protect themselves from legal action by Sue.

It's a sneakier way of burying a quitter than they had previously gone with, and in general "letting the other contestants do the burying" has served them very well. It's a lot easier to notice how hosed up things get when it's someone like Purple Kelly.

Fast Luck posted:

The history of Survivor strategy is kind of pagongings until one big flip in Marquesas, and then Amazon came and just blew the doors off by comparison. It’s probably not much compared to today’s seasons to be fair, but it is a fun watch regardless.

Taking it back even one step further to Australian Outback, the winner there does a lot of really stone cold poo poo that gets underedited and deserves more credit

Studio posted:

Season 43 looks cool and all, but what about the more important Survivor event:

Rodney from World's Apart being a Big Pee Guy

yea i havent finished physiology class yet but i'm pretty sure the scientific name for urine is "urine"

mp5 fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Sep 15, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

The tiebreaker vote at the merge is huge, the season plays out totally differently without getting the key piece of information about "hey who did Debb vote for on her way out" from the person at the gross food challenge.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

he's like 3 months early

Jeff is that gamedev saying "i know what's best for you because i've been doing this for 87 years"

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Ditching the hourglass and Do Or Die means probably the two most egregious bullshit twists are gone so that's something. They probably can't get away with the silly code-phrases either, though everyone had to have known what was up with those as soon as people said them.

I guess we can look forward to Knowledge Is Power ruining the season when someone finally uses it right. Or Shot In The Dark, or whatever

Chili posted:

I think they heard the feedback loud and clear and I also think they've learned to trust their casts.

After they made it, they watched 42 just like all of us and have to have realized that over-production was remained the k

I feel like people say this every time and we keep being proven wrong because of how out of touch they are

I do agree the casting has been very good these last two seasons so I'm optimistic about that, but little else