Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
It sucks about Jackson but I get it. If I'm not mistaken, you have to titrate down on lithium, and to maintain it at therapeutic levels in the first place you have to take a fair bit of the stuff. So it's lovely that he didn't disclose, but my guess is he just didn't grasp how long it would actually take and genuinely thought it wouldn't be an issue.

My question is how he hid it for that long. Don't all of their bags get searched, and thoroughly? And I thought they had a week or so on location before filming started.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
In other news, Boston Rob is going to be hosting a show in which he discovers...Boston.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/2022/04/11/arts/boston-rob-explores-far-flung-land-boston/

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

The Bloop posted:

And no one seems massively butthurt this time

Tori seemed butthurt for the two minutes she was vulnerable. I really hate her attitude.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
I get being disappointed about Jonathan maybe being a chud, but, couple things here. For one, Survivor is a very popular show and half of the general public is conservative, so they're going to be keeping that in mind during casting. But also, one of the nice things about this show is we don't see politics coming up, at least not on air. We've had some issues with religion in the past but I don't think that's come up very recently either. Let poor Jonathan exist in the (relatively) innocent reality TV bubble where he belongs.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

STONE COLD 64 posted:

oh sure, NOW all of a sudden Tori wants a shot

Seriously. This bugged me. You play your shot in the dark in the booth when you're not sure where the votes will fall. Without the alternative voting process that happened, Drea and Maryanne don't necessarily play their idols before the vote, so Tori wouldn't have had that information as a sure thing and her own vote wouldn't necessarily have been restricted to going for Lindsay. She only went for shot in the dark after she knew she was about to be voted out/the votes were "cast", which isn't how it's supposed to work at all. I'm really surprised production allowed that, it was extremely sloppy of them.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Tori knew where the votes were going to fall, because everyone just told her to her face that it was her over Lindsey. So Jeff called the audible on the vote, which also would free up a couple minutes for the edit as there was a lot to get in that tribal.

They told her to her face because at that point Jeff was calling for the verbal vote. They wouldn't have told her under normal circumstances; why would they? And I think her perspective is warped enough that there's a good chance she wouldn't have sniffed it out unless she had the circumspection to worry that it was her after seeing Drea play an idol. But again, just because Drea was open about playing it that night doesn't mean she would have had to play it before the vote, though I admit there's really no way of knowing how Drea makes the play with a normal vote. But even if the context makes it clear that Drea is in fact playing it, there should still be a seed or two of doubt when one goes for the shot.

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

It does seem like one of the most drastic turns of an edit I can remember on Survivor. Jonathan pretty quickly went from being a lovable challenge beast to making a complete rear end in a top hat out of himself in 1 episode.

Yeah, this episode really colors the conversation we were having about him before.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

STAC Goat posted:

Good play by Maryann. I'm not sure it makes her this massive favorite winner's edit others are but it definitely threw her into contention which is drat impressive considering the position she played most of the game from. I kinda like Lindsay and am sorta pulling for her but I'd be amused to see Maryann defeat Jonathan and Romeo for the funniest final tribal/reunion since Russell.

I think this might be a new meta, and you can even blame Chris from Edge of Extinction for starting it. But it's becoming clear that if you play strong, you get a target and you get taken out. If you do nothing you get zero votes at the end. Therefore, you should do something cool when it's too late to spend any game time getting paranoid or plotting against you, at least over whoever else has been presenting a threat for longer.

Or maybe that's not new.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
A family member called while the "reunion" was happening. Was it any good?

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
That's really disappointing about Drea, Shan too I guess. But as much as they were fun players, I'm now very very okay with not seeing them on TV again.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
I think they meant that Omar is the only one who's not getting along with Drea.

I'd also imagine that Drea was also particularly mad about getting clowned out of the game.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
I guess the more I think about it, I wonder how tactful it was of him to say anything about it. Not everybody's going to get along with everybody and that must also be true for Survivor casts. Historically, though, we don't really see them disparaging each other in the media after the fact other than maybe slight shade in Reddit AMAs. Am I wrong?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
I only listen to this stuff when I'm commuting so I don't really notice running times. But Maryanne is just so excited to be alive in general the only thing that surprises me about that length is that Rob was willing to go that long. I'll give it a listen in a couple weeks when I'm done with Omar :v:

Or maybe on a road trip in a couple of weeks.