Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Holy poo poo I'm watching the episode now. Jackson talking about the struggles of being a Trans Man and how he reconnected with his father is hitting me right in the feels.

EDIT: That loving sucks. I thought Jackson was pretty cool :(

SalTheBard fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Mar 10, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Antiquated Pants posted:

Jonathan really endeared himself to me when they were all working on the puzzle and he said something like "I got eleven." Then someone called out that there were up to thirty triangles already and he was visibly shocked and just acknowledged that he is worthless for that so he went to use his muscles on building a camp.

The whole exchange just seemed so genuine from everyone, like no big deal you do camp stuff we got nerds to do counting stuff.

Also the subtle change from last season where only one person would do the water ensured both tribes went for the triangle, whereas last time both tribes went for the water when two people could do it.

Chili and I recorded a video podcast of our review of the first episode (will link back here for feedback!) and that is something we both noted is how much fun the Savvy vs Sweat was.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

blue squares posted:

Daniel opening up the conversation with "I don't want to go to rocks, I do NOT want to go to rocks" told Hai all he needed to know. Why would he flip when Daniel showed his hand like that?

That's an excellent point that I didn't even consider.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I don't follow Survivor twitter very much, during her exit interview Lydia talked about BFJ and BFJA, what do those acronyms mean? I searched twitter but all I saw was people tweeting using the hashtag.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Fast Luck posted:

Yeah someone bought Yau-Man an account and he posted a bunch in our Survivor thread AMA style before such things really existed. I don't think he used the account beyond that.

I was a bit of creeper and I had found Yau's work email (I didn't do much, I just went to the school he taught for and then looked up his staff email) and I emailed him from my work email (I was in the military at the time). I don't want to say we struck up a friendship but I emailed him almost weekly whenever I would finish an episode. He always responded and was cool as hell.

Right before the season was over he asked for my address and then sent me an autographed picture along with a copy of the schools newspaper talking about how he did on the show. I asked him if he would be interested in coming to SA to post and he was so I bought him an account. I was a little sad he didn't stick around past the Fiji thread but I also understand that he was busy as hell. That was a really fun spring / summer.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Chili is running a forums Survivor game that is recruiting:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4003414&pagenumber=1&perpage=40

If you've never played a SA Survivor game they are very fun and I can tell you personally that Chili has been working on it for awhile.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Holy gently caress what no. Jesus Christ.