Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

Bro Dad posted:

can i get a picture of joven smiling

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Lol ayyyy Joven!

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Bro Dad posted:

Computer, show me... nude Joven

bigperm
Jul 10, 2001
some obscure reference

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

BRING IT ON BRING IT ON YEAH

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA

Bro Dad posted:

Hahahaha

Also... Wow, all these years and I never knew Chandler had a card. This changes everything for my Joven deck

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Hahaha that quote

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

I would listen to Joven's metal band

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA
Wow after some more research I think even when they made that card they had the vibe of this thread

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

fuckin love this guy

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

This is the idealized form of Douglas Shuler and it shows.

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

he’s joven a good time

Captain Quack
Feb 18, 2013

Radio Paranoia posted:

I would listen to Joven's metal band

:rock: Snarg's House of Sin :rock:

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

here's a joven

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
joven looks like he works at either a record store or a sex shop and i bet he has good recs

Doctor Dogballs
Apr 1, 2007

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

Devils Affricate posted:

My favorites are the cards where the artist clearly didn't know what the word meant, so they just drew an absurd literal interpretation of it, and somehow nobody else cared or noticed and it made it into production

probably the best of these:

Doctor Dogballs
Apr 1, 2007

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Doctor Dogballs posted:

The definition of hyalopterous is "having transparent wings" so that's pretty literal IMHO

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Robo Reagan posted:

joven looks like he works at either a record store or a sex shop and i bet he has good recs

Joven works at the combination record store/sex shop

Doctor Dogballs
Apr 1, 2007

Iron Crowned posted:

The definition of hyalopterous is "having transparent wings" so that's pretty literal IMHO

yeah but a lemure is a type of ghost and the artist drew it as a lemur

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Doctor Dogballs posted:

yeah but a lemure is a type of ghost and the artist drew it as a lemur

I like the lemur better :colbert:

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

lol

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum

Now he just looks like Vince Neil

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Found a photo of Joven

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Doctor Dogballs posted:

Yeah that one is great. I swear there are several others but I can't remember them now.

My friends and I always got a kick out of the old Ice Age Giant Growth art:

You're trying to convey that something is much larger than normal, so what do you do? Draw a "giant" insect, except with no background and no other objects or living things for reference, making it literally identical to a picture of a normal sized insect. It's giant, just take my word for it.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Ice Age was always my favorite :3:

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
My cousin did this one illustration for them called Skinshifter and then some fan commissioned him to paint a bunch of Nicholas Cage characters on top of the base card and you can see that here: https://imgur.com/a/QaCck

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

Homelands was such a good bad set

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

kntfkr posted:

My cousin did this one illustration for them called Skinshifter and then some fan commissioned him to paint a bunch of Nicholas Cage characters on top of the base card and you can see that here: https://imgur.com/a/QaCck

The Wicker Man one rules

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

quote:

Veldrane of Sengir is one of the Baron Sengir's minions on Ulgrotha and his most loyal servant. He is a poacher, scout, and messenger.

He walks the roads and paths from Onella to Castle Sengir, to bring victims back for his master, or to deliver information to the Baron's numerous allies and agents. He is usually disguised as a common traveler or trader, and is not easily recognized as a foreigner to the sunlit lands outside the Dark Barony. The only means of constantly identifying him is a dwarven-made, emerald studded scabbard (with sword) he carries on his person at all times. Some are convinced that Veldrane is only a puppet of the Baron, and that he is nothing more than an undead of some sort.

As the best hunter of the Baron, he led many successful missions into the Great Wood, but neither Veldrane nor any other hunters were able to discover the Autumn Willow - the secret power of the wood. Autumn Willow has thus created a Faerie Noble who is a miniature replica of Veldrane, as a joke against the Baron's servant.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Toph Bei Fong posted:

Homelands was such a good bad set

Eron Musk

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Cute flavor text tho

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp

Bardeh posted:

lmao

it's nice they let their preteen kids do some of the art for fun in the early days

I looked up David Ho's art and unsurprisingly it owns

Something fishy about this one

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp

Pastel Candy Snake
Sep 6, 2018

by Hand Knit

Vim Fuego posted:

I looked up David Ho's art and unsurprisingly it owns

Something fishy about this one

No ring

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop
joven always shows me all of his yugioh cards before he even offers a bowl

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005