Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
Phil and Kaja Foglio are my go-to for goofy MTG art:

edit: Page 3 Kyren Sniper

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BasicLich
Oct 22, 2020

A very smart little mouse!

this is one of the few cards that has never had a signed copy, because, as the story goes, it was a gift to the creator of the game from a in-law of some variety (like an uncle's wife IIRC) and he used it without her permission and she was very peeved. She refuses interviews and if you somehow get her address and send some copies for her to sign (not an uncommon thing) she just chucks the whole pile into the trash and goes on about her life.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Having a normal one at this weird mouth spa

Ekundu Cyclops rocking a mean FUPA

While GIS the Ekundu Cyclops I happened a cross the April Art Contest from 2011 on MTGSalvation.com

Here is user FDW3773's interpretation of the Ekundu Cyclops

quote:

I agree with the article's author; those were pretty awful art designs for those cards.

For me, the Ekundu Cyclops perked my interest. Given that the Mirage featured some truly unique African styled fantasy art, the Ekundu Cyclops was a disappointment indeed.

So, attached is my new version of the Ekundu Cyclops that is meant to be consistent with (and pay homage to) Mirage and Visions styled art. Also attached is the original as a reference.

Enjoy!

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop
Ekundu Cyclops is definitely a Frank Frazetta homage

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

BasicLich posted:

this is one of the few cards that has never had a signed copy, because, as the story goes, it was a gift to the creator of the game from a in-law of some variety (like an uncle's wife IIRC) and he used it without her permission and she was very peeved. She refuses interviews and if you somehow get her address and send some copies for her to sign (not an uncommon thing) she just chucks the whole pile into the trash and goes on about her life.

what is it

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Poohs Packin posted:

I’m the big tiddy nymph riding a huge cock

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA
Stasis.

And there is apparently a signed proof available on EBay right now which makes the story more interesting

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

I have at least one of these and I always thought about that yellow dot on the pallet waiting for an UN- set it something to add a sixth mana color

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
wtf. That card seems weird as hell

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

It's one of the most notoriously unfun cards in the game cos it basically says 'gently caress you nobody gets to do anything any more'. Except the person who put it in their deck is obviously gonna have ways around it, so you just have to sit there like a putz

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

You gotta spend the island every turn to keep it alive also.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Chandler Bing is the most boring of the Friends. No one even knows where he works.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Poohs Packin posted:

You gotta spend the island every turn to keep it alive also.

An additional island since nothing untaps.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp

The Bloop posted:

I have at least one of these and I always thought about that yellow dot on the pallet waiting for an UN- set it something to add a sixth mana color

Captain Quack
Feb 18, 2013

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

All my friends at the time thought this guy was the biggest badass around until I ruined it forever by pointing out his tiny baby legs

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

The Bloop posted:

All my friends at the time thought this guy was the biggest badass around until I ruined it forever by pointing out his tiny baby legs

Holy poo poo lmao

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
joven

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

Wintermutant posted:

Now he just looks like Vince Neil

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
This homeboy dominated worlds and straight murdered multiple planeswalkers. Don't gently caress with the dragon that reads books.

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
dragon nipples

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

BasicLich posted:

Why would the in-law be pissed about the creator actually using a card she gave him in a game?

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

me @ ur posts

BasicLich
Oct 22, 2020

Poohs Packin posted:

also check out the cock and balls in the background, combined with that flavor text lmao

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

molasses comes to mind

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

The Bloop posted:

molasses comes to mind

It's cum, op

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

BasicLich posted:

also check out the cock and balls in the background, combined with that flavor text lmao

Im the mushrooms/phalluses the big tiddy gray lady was DPing herself with before she was so rudely interrupted by this big swinging dick.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

BasicLich posted:

That's his tail bruh, pretty sure his fupa is covering his genitals

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Big tittie orge chick

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

When you're an artist who definitely does not dream of one day tittyfucking an ogress.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Saalkin posted:

Big tittie orge chick

The card was formerly titled "New Jersey Wife" and based on Dan Fraziers ex.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

When you're an artist who definitely does not dream of one day tittyfucking an ogress.

Enough of the "Ogress Tittyfucking is non-consensual" bullshit. A Ghazban Ogress weighs 400 pounds, is eight feet tall, and can cut a man in two with a single swipe of its scimitar. If a human manages to tittyfuck one, you drat well better believe it's consensual

obithrawn
Apr 22, 2003

always enjoyed the flavor on this one

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

BasicLich posted:

You convinced me that the art for this card had to have been drawn by someone who was both horny and high.

BasicLich
Oct 22, 2020

obithrawn posted:

always enjoyed the flavor on this one

Legends was full of bizarre enchantments like this, a lot of them were pretty valuable back in the day regardless of the fact that most of them were largely useless. I have never once seen this card played but it was worth like $30 in 1995. for contrast, you could pick up revised dual lands for $5 ea while today a revised underground sea, historically the most expensive dual land, will run you about a thousand bucks.

BasicLich fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Mar 12, 2022

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

The Bloop posted:

molasses comes to mind

"It aint' gonna tap itself"

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

BasicLich posted:

Legends was full of bizarre enchantments like this, a lot of them were pretty valuable back in the day regardless of the fact that most of them were largely useless. I have never once seen this card played but it was worth like $30 in 1995. for contrast, you could pick up revised dual lands for $5 ea while today a revised underground sea, historically the most expensive dual land, will run you about a thousand bucks.

why is it more valuable than other dual lands? Utility or just rarity

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BasicLich
Oct 22, 2020

Milo and POTUS posted:

why is it more valuable than other dual lands? Utility or just rarity

it was due to the relative power of colors in multi-colored decks. the next most valuable was Tundra which produced white and blue.

all of the blue dual lands were always the most expensive because early counterspells were quite powerful. Counterspell alone was deemed to be too powerful eventually and has since been replaced by Cancel

but then in Legends they released this absolutely insane card, easily one of the most powerful spells ever printed: Mana Drain

just a few sets after Legends, they came out with this monster:

Black and White were both colors that had powerful spells that could shut your opponent down in a number of ways, in that era blue-based multicolor control decks were insanely good.

edit: chaining an early mana drain into a mind twist is practically game over

BasicLich fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Mar 12, 2022